Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If anybody in the area wants to buy An m12 & rb6 give me a call or text . I feel guilty for not supporting you these last couple summer months Danny. But I can say I'm happily leaving my Rc racing memories at wcrc and I can smile everyday I pass the ol track going to college!

Last edited by Bingerfang; 03-18-2022 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Danny for the incredible R/C track near my house. I wish I could of made it out there more. Crazy work, new born and aging parents have consumed my time. I hear where your coming from anytime I spent at the track was time away from my new born and sorry no R/C track was going to compete with that.

just my .02
Manufacturers should not sponser any drivers less than 75% or 80% because it hurts the hobby.

to me a perfect R/C track consists of a few things,
1. Ample pit space and comfortable pits, you spend more time in the pits then racing so I'd want them to be nice.
2. Big track, no one wants to race in a closet, if your doing sub 20.0 second laps in stock, your track is too small. Not too big though, this isn't BMX. plus 30.0 second fast laps in stock is too big.
3. Parking lot with ample designated parking space for the track. I dont want to feel like my car is going to get broken into or dinged every time I go to the track.
4. Good layouts with jumps, we are racing off-road here.
5. Minimal tire wear
6. Climate control - I appreciate the free sauna or freezer but this is a cool luxury.

These things are ideal and rare, but mostly I appreciate I have a place to go =)
we are lucky we live in so cal we have so many options, and I think there will always be at least 1 track to race at with in 25 miles.

I'll miss you west coast, getting parts and stuff at 10 PM was awesome, I think LA parts house guys should open a track, The Race place used to be out on Imperial near them, Hint Hint.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

I love the indoor aspect of some of the newer tracks like WCRC, OCRC and SDRC but yeah, the rent is just exorbitant for warehouse sized facilities...owning a track is a labor of love and seems really difficult to make a profit doing, especially with such high rent. Considering his newborn daughter, and the fact that I just had one myself about five months ago, I think Danny made the right move for his family life. It's just a shame that such a nice facility had to vanish after just 4-5 years in existence.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I miss WCRC right now and sucks that I feel I don't have a Wed night facility to race at. Nuff, here's some video of the last night of racing at WCRC.

Race 1: A main, Mixed Truck = 4WD Short Course
http://youtu.be/3HIqvThlWvc
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanx for posting kuya, heard the excitement at the end while I was trying to keep the rubber side down and now I got to see the action
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
I miss WCRC right now and sucks that I feel I don't have a Wed night facility to race at. Nuff, here's some video of the last night of racing at WCRC.

Race 1: A main, Mixed Truck = 4WD Short Course
http://youtu.be/3HIqvThlWvc
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Umm im pretty sure OC/RC races on wed. nights you could go there
Old 09-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sc10racer96
Umm im pretty sure OC/RC races on wed. nights you could go there
Tried OCRC yesterday. The facility was nice but the staff needs to work on their personality. They did a great job of not making me feel welcomed. I don't need special attention or anything but being cool goes a long way especially when the Oppertunity is there to pick up new market share/customers.

I won't be going back.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -DOZER-
Tried OCRC yesterday. The facility was nice but the staff needs to work on their personality. They did a great job of not making me feel welcomed. I don't need special attention or anything but being cool goes a long way especially when the Oppertunity is there to pick up new market share/customers.

I won't be going back.
I think there are lots others that have the same feeling and experience, which was just another reason I usually preferred WC. If you can get past the fact the staff aren't as friendly, the regular racers there generally make up for their part. Good crowd and peeps there once you get in the mix.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I won't be going back.
Its always rough to start running at a new track. I'm assuming WC was your home track. I haven't been to ocrc in quite some time as i got into nitro racing. I must say the crew at ocrc are top notch guys and very knowledgeable in the rc hobby. When i needed help with parts, tuning, set up the guys in the shop were always helpful.
Hopefully you change your mind and get to know the crew there. They run a great program and the racers there are a good group and very competitive. I hope to get back into electric soon...ocrc will definately be my race place.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

I won't be going back.
Very ironic, since that's the way I felt EVERY TIME I went to WC! Even if I was the only one running there "World Famous" tracks, because I ran both of them!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Borik
Its always rough to start running at a new track. I'm assuming WC was your home track. I haven't been to ocrc in quite some time as i got into nitro racing. I must say the crew at ocrc are top notch guys and very knowledgeable in the rc hobby. When i needed help with parts, tuning, set up the guys in the shop were always helpful.
Hopefully you change your mind and get to know the crew there. They run a great program and the racers there are a good group and very competitive. I hope to get back into electric soon...ocrc will definately be my race place.
Fair enough, I'll keep an open mind and give it another go. I did like the track layout but need to figure out the traction situation. And the beginner track would be great for my Fiancé.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I won't be going back.
If you live in Burbank you should check out SCVRC in Santa Clarita, I drive up from LA. Nice indoor track, great staff and friendly atmosphere. Been going there since they opened and always have a good time.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:18 PM
b1z
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Fair enough, I'll keep an open mind and give it another go. I did like the track layout but need to figure out the traction situation. And the beginner track would be great for my Fiancé.
im usually there tuesdays but might have to change it to thursdays but, I feel awkward going there even thoe they are a good track, some of the guys who go there are stuck up. Jackie is a cool guy tho, and i try to deal with him as often as i can. He gives me good deals and offers help when needed. pm me if you want to pit next to me
Old 09-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillPear
Very ironic, since that's the way I felt EVERY TIME I went to WC! Even if I was the only one running there "World Famous" tracks, because I ran both of them!
I felt that same "Love" everytime i was there also. I walked in the door and it seemed they could tell i was a OC/RC local. So they would totaly ignore me and treat me with no respect. The last trip i was there i ran for 6 hrs. Hector sat on his phone in the hobby shop the whole time. Didnt water the track once, didnt check if it looked ok or anything. That is the reason WC shut down nobody gave a fuck towards the end.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think its kind of like the Cheers bar where everyone knows your name. After going to WC for a while, everyone knows you and it feels like home.
Go to another track and you don't feel the same comrodery since you don't know the majority and they don't say what's up as you arrive. Doesn't mean their an azz, just means they haven't gotten to know you.

Give it a few trips to the track and if your a outgoing person that strikes up conversations with people, you will now be one of the boys. If you kind of keep to yourself, it may take 10 trips, but eventually you will become a familiar face and not feel ostricized (even though that's in your head).

WC was a great place and so is OC, everyone there has a common interest in rc. Its a small community so its not hard to fit in.

My 2˘.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.