Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
i sent Danny a PM.. whats the best way to see if he got it?
When did you send it? If it was not long ago I would wait for him to reply. If it was a while ago go ahead and send him another one or send it to me and I will bring it to his attention.

He has been more busy than I would ever want to be the past few weeks. We were there until 1am last night and he had to be back at 6am for the asphalt guy.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm sure he got it. Took him a day to respond to one of my pm. The second tiem took him a few days but i am sure he will get back to you.

i sent Danny a PM.. whats the best way to see if he got it?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar View Post
When did you send it? If it was not long ago I would wait for him to reply. If it was a while ago go ahead and send him another one or send it to me and I will bring it to his attention.

He has been more busy than I would ever want to be the past few weeks. We were there until 1am last night and he had to be back at 6am for the asphalt guy.
sweet.. i just had an idea for him that i think he wouldnt want to pass up on ill wait a couple more days before resending it.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sweet.. i just had an idea for him that i think he wouldnt want to pass up on ill wait a couple more days before resending it.
Right on! Next time I talk to him I will point it out for ya.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Progress?

Still on schedule for opening next monday, July 13th?

Really looking forward to this facility.

Even though i'm an hour away from any track 'cause i'm in Redondo Beach, another track/facility to choose from is nothing but good for Southern California and this hobby/sport.

Cheers!

B.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

When might the asphalt track be ready?
Old 07-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Concept rendering of the asphalt venue...
Attached Thumbnails West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!-wcrc_asphalt_2_pg02.jpg  
Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I guess I never understood track layouts like this. It limits the layout possiblities. You either get a long track or a short track. Is this really better then using boards like so cal did or some type of barrier like OCRC? I can see the raised slops are easier on the cars then barriers but the thin boards like So Cal had were not hard on cars.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I guess I never understood track layouts like this. It limits the layout possiblities. You either get a long track or a short track. Is this really better then using boards like so cal did or some type of barrier like OCRC? I can see the raised slops are easier on the cars then barriers but the thin boards like So Cal had were not hard on cars.
thin boards at socal moved i know.. i hit most of them.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up curious

so the asphalt track will not be based on a banked oval like so cal was?

Anyway, glad to see ya'll doing this, its great for the sport and getting new people in, wish you the best of luck!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

its just the off roader in you
Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

...and the islands were by popular demand...
Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is there alot of maintnence involved on the on road side car set up,tires etc,i would really like to get a onroad and this may help move me along but i dont have alot of time for dirt maint let alone adding alot for onr oad if thats the case,doesnt seem like there would be,i remember carpet man i loved carpet racing back in the day..
anyways wierd question but still a question..
Old 07-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes you limit the number of layouts possible, but the positive out weigh that 100 fold. Once you've run a car on a track with curbs like this, you'll understand. Curbs like this are much easier on cars, don't move when they do get hit, and you tend to get more flowing layouts with true radius corners. Plus, just glancing at the image J put up, I can see at least 5 or 6 different combos of corners just on the right side. Personally, I think if you can get 8-12 good layouts out of that, that's all you need. I like it when a layout stays for more than one weekend so you can compare lap times from week to week and work on setup more accurately. Especially with a consistent, permanent indoor surface. If you've got 12 layouts and make one change a month, you've got a whole year before you run on the same layout twice. Running at SoCal, we ended up with a similar layout with one or two boards different week after week.

And I'm really glad they didn't make the track based on a banked oval like SoCal. That was so hard on the cars and really limited the layouts much more than having islands.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I can see well over 30 different layouts with that configuration, as long as there is at least 16 feet between the half moon curves and the large dots at either end of the track so you can both enter and exit the infield there.(hope that makes sense).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.