Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree53Likes

Parking lot racing in Santee, San Diego Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Was it difficult for other guys to see the section after the carousel, at the start of the straight? Idk if it was just me. I would like to get off the carousel and be at full throttle right away through all that but no confidence since I couldn't see well enough.
TopherCabrales likes this.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xrayray
Was it difficult for other guys to see the section after the carousel, at the start of the straight? Idk if it was just me. I would like to get off the carousel and be at full throttle right away through all that but no confidence since I couldn't see well enough.
I can only speak for myself that it wasn't hard to see. But my depth perception is crazy . We do have plans to cut the front and end of straight down a tad. Will we add curbs so that you can see your car better instead of it getting lost in the barrier. We also plan to drop the mid section down and the corners in to widen that area.
​​​​​
Yeah a few little changes and the layout will be perfect for race day.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TopherCabrales
I can only speak for myself that it wasn't hard to see. But my depth perception is crazy . We do have plans to cut the front and end of straight down a tad. Will we add curbs so that you can see your car better instead of the barrier.
nice 👍 yea the end of the straight probably got almost everyone right?
I think there was a sweet spot where you can full throttle that chicane after, but I only realized it in the afternoon and started hitting low 13's. If I missed it, for sure 14.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

nice 👍 yea the end of the straight probably got almost everyone right?
I think there was a sweet spot where you can full throttle that chicane after, but I only realized it in the afternoon and started hitting low 13's. If I missed it, for sure 14.
I can only speak for myself that it wasn't hard to see. But my depth perception is crazy . We do have plans to cut the front and end of straight down a tad. Will we add curbs so that you can see your car better instead of it getting lost in the barrier. We also plan to drop the mid section down and the corners in to widen that area.
​​​​​
Yeah a few little changes and the layout will be perfect for race day.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Teaser

Awesome addition to our track. Heavy duty and safety first. Hope everyone will enjoy this as much as we are excited to provide it for our racers.
Ivan Dickson and Xrayray like this.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was having trouble with that spot also, i think its because the section right before the straight was a bit narrow. I totally missed the apex in the afternoon and hit the gutter almost head on. Note the crease on the front that i earned

TopherCabrales and Xrayray like this.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I was having trouble with that spot also, i think its because the section right before the straight was a bit narrow. I totally missed the apex in the afternoon and hit the gutter almost head on. Note the crease on the front that i earned
Thanks you guys for your feedback. Constructive comments are always welcome! This is one of the reasons also why we wanted to hold a practice day before our first race. So that we could work out the kinks. It will definitely be fixed for sunday. We made more track material so we can get the gutters off of the corners. Lanes will be widened in the middle sections and beginning of straight as well.
Xrayray likes this.

Last edited by TopherCabrales; 09-29-2021 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Drivers Stand

Say goodbye to step stools and hello to our DRIVERS' STAND!!! It should be good to go on Sunday, equipped with a handrail for safety.

We will have plenty more curbing made ahead of our race as well. Definitely some fun times ahead with The Lap Factory! 🤙🏼

So you will be 2 feet off the ground. The rails will be 3 feet 6 inches high. We can comfortably fit 9 people on this stand. These are heavy duty and weigh a ton. Safety first and a lot safer then using a step stool.

Last edited by TopherCabrales; 09-30-2021 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Track was awesome yesterday! I'm so glad I reached my goal of 12.7 lap time. Good job track crew and good driving from all the racers!
Old 10-04-2021, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Default The Lap Factory

​​We had a great turnout for our first race. Thank you to everyone that made it out to support The Lap Factory. Hope you all enjoyed your day with us. . Big thank you to Pat Moneda Len Carson and Dennis Andrews Jr for help making this happen. Thank you to all our sponsors as well. HobbyTown Santee SENDIT-RC.COM Rush RC USA ActivRC and TCR Topher Cabrales Racing. Ill be posting up some videos of the mains.
Results
https://thelapfactory.liverc.com/events/

The TLF team was so amped with Club Race 1 that we're ready to set race dates to close out the year!

SAVE THE DATES

Sunday, Nov 7 - Club Race 2
Sunday, Nov 28 - Turkey Dash 2021
December - Break for Holidays

Official Race Flyers to follow. 🤙🏼

Thanks again for all who attended and made this a success! #MakingParkingLotRacingGreatAgain

​​​​​Mad props to Richard TC for the drone video of our track! 😍
​​​​​​https://www.facebook.com/groups/2949...0415112287288/

Last edited by TopherCabrales; 10-04-2021 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Track was awesome yesterday! I'm so glad I reached my goal of 12.7 lap time. Good job track crew and good driving from all the racers!
Thank you for making it out! Glad you reached your goal. Definitely be faster the next time out
Old 10-05-2021, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Default THE LAP FACTORY

Congrats to the racers that made the podium and to all of the raffle winners! Don't worry, there's plenty more awesome raffle prizes and race bucks / gift cards to go around for our next events. 🤙🏼

Last edited by TopherCabrales; 10-05-2021 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Default THE LAP FACTORY

Big thanks and shout out to Rico Molden
At Molden Works for creating this incredible video of our first official race at The Lap Factory
You can get in touch with him on Fb and here at his official website evensparrowfilms.com
Old 10-10-2021, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So stoked to have racing so close to home again. I wasn't able to have an entry for the first event, but expect to make the next. I was able however, to spectate a bit during practice and Heat 1. You all put on a great Program. The track surface and layout was fantastic. Ran into some old friends, and made a couple new ones!
Super grateful to have this opportunity to get back on the track with my son too!

Until next time, Rob...
Old 10-10-2021, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Robio
So stoked to have racing so close to home again. I wasn't able to have an entry for the first event, but expect to make the next. I was able however, to spectate a bit during practice and Heat 1. You all put on a great Program. The track surface and layout was fantastic. Ran into some old friends, and made a couple new ones!
Super grateful to have this opportunity to get back on the track with my son too!

Until next time, Rob...
We are super stoked about bringing back on road racing to Santee. We are going to do our best to provide a superb race program for everyone. It is only going to get better as we run more races. We are not even close to making the track even better then it already is. Our first race wasn't too bad at all. Few glitches with missing laps due to the drivers stand being to close to the line. But we will get that small issue figured out. Hope to see you and your son out there for the next one!!! November 7th will be our next club race and we will be having a Turkey Dash Event Nov 28th. Just a reminder that all rookies/novices race for free. Let's get the younger generation off their phones/tablets and bring in the future stars of RC .

Last edited by TopherCabrales; 10-11-2021 at 01:11 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.