Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
The High Banks of the Encino Velodrome returns. >

The High Banks of the Encino Velodrome returns.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SWTour
  • 1 Post By GT CRUSING

The High Banks of the Encino Velodrome returns.

Old 04-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default The High Banks of the Encino Velodrome returns.

Our 2021 Velo season is almost upon us --- so come check us out.

1/10th scale racing - classes include basic cars like the TRAXXAS Bandit 2wd buggies being run with "Street Stock Bodies" , 2wd Traxxas Slashes with Dirt Modified style bodies, to modified Oval Pan Cars that was lightweight and FAST on the 826 ft High Banked Concrete Oval track (Original home of the 1980's RCThunderdrome races)

Schedule:
•April 16-17
•June 3-4 (WORLDROME V)
•July 16-17 - this will be a HOT one.
•Sept. 3-4 -
•Nov. 26-27 our 6th Annual "THANKSGIVING THROWDOWN" bring some turkey and stuffing!!

Encino Velodrome

17301 Oxnard St
Los Angeles, CA 91316

Ivan Dickson and AHR43 like this.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:29 PM
Tech Regular

Yea, definitely gonna try to make one of the 2nd-5th race days. Cant make the first one as its right on my vaccine appt window. But if you post the rules for the classes (or links) that would be helpful
Old 04-09-2021, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Here is a link to the rules pdf file - http://southwesttour.com/2021/2021VeloRules.pdf
Old 04-10-2021, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
Here is a link to the rules pdf file - http://southwesttour.com/2021/2021VeloRules.pdf
Thanks

Also, a few more rookie questions:
-Where can I buy the spec tire John’s BSR “ORANGE EHW” Compound?
-So reading that correctly, for front suspension you must run it without a front shock? So only king pin spacers without a spring? (And that actually works?)
-What gearing would be in the ball park for running 21.5t STOCK CAR vs 25.5t STOCK CAR?
SWTour likes this.
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

"Also, a few more rookie questions:
-Where can I buy the spec tire John’s BSR “ORANGE EHW” Compound?

The wording on the BSR Orange EHW tires needs to be re-worded, (the company is now owned by Tommy Peters in Tennessee)
Getting tires is one of our hardest issues for pan cars, I have some rears in stock, but am currently sold out on rears. I usually have them
on consignment and available at the track or can send through the mail. Tommy sells them direct as well (but he's out of stock on them atm)

-So reading that correctly, for front suspension you must run it without a front shock? So only king pin spacers without a spring? (And that actually works?)

the VELO pan cars use a full front suspension adapted from an offroad type front end with full shocks, but we have our 11.0 sec. breakout class
designed to use old school pan car suspensions that use the spring and king pin type front end. (springs are allowed, just not shocks)

With the breakout set at 11.0 seconds, the old school front ends work pretty well, so it helps keep the cost of these cars down a little.

-What gearing would be in the ball park for running 21.5t STOCK CAR vs 25.5t STOCK CAR?"

the 25.5 Class uses the HobbyWing FTM "Fixed Timing Motor" and we run a fixed spectrum 76/55 +/- 2 teeth for a little tuning. This keeps the speeds down a little
and makes the cars really close on the track vs. a horse power war.

The true 21.5 (Non breakout) class, the gearing varies but a 76t spur and a variety of pinions in the low 50s to high 50s.

If you haven't been out to a race, you should come check us out and ask questions and look at things...