RC VELODROME (bicycle track) 2018 >

RC VELODROME (bicycle track) 2018

Like Tree5Likes

RC VELODROME (bicycle track) 2018

Old 01-13-2018, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default RC VELODROME (bicycle track) 2018

1/10th Scale Electric R/C Racing will once again return to the ENCINO VELODROME in 2018 for some high speed oval racing action.

Our 1st race of the NEW year will be Saturday March 10th.

The Encino Velodrome is located at:

17301 Oxnard St
Encino, CA 91416

(between White Oak and Balboa in the Franklin Fields baseball complex)

Old 02-10-2018, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Coming in JUNE -- R/C WORLDROME 2

EVENT INFO on FACEBOOK

The Excitement of 1/10th Scale Electric Radio Controlled Auto Racing returns to the Encino Velodrome for WORLDROME 2.

Our 1st WORLDROME race in 2017 had several of our racing friends from Japan make the trip to join us, and they are expected to be here once again in 2018.

The Velodrome is a 820 ft (250 METER) High Banked Concrete Bicycle racing track, and our 1/10th scale racers hit speeds over 65 MILES Per Hour (over 100 KMH) running on 2 cell Lithium based battery power and sophisticated BRUSHLESS motor systems.

Class(es) are expected to be

2 CELL / 21.5 HS Velo Stock Cars
2 CELL / 17.5 HS Velo Stock Cars
2 CELL / 21.5 "NASTRUCK"
2 CELL / 21.5 "Spec Nascar"
INSANE SPEED CHALLENGE

Entry Fee(s)

$60.00 - 1st Entry (includes Friday Practice and Saturday Racing)
$15.00 - Each Additional Entry

Friday - Gates Open at 12:00 NOON - until 6:45 p.m.
Saturday - Gates Open at 7:00 a.m. - until Mains are finished.

Bring Your Own Shade - Extention Cords - Tables - Chairs
Power is available at the track

Need more info? Contact Joe Myers email: [email protected]
Old 03-03-2018, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Class Listing and Rules for 2018
Old 03-03-2018, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Thumbs up w/ front shock front ends

Can u explain and post pics? I would love to build one of these cars !
SWTour likes this.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hi John,

This is basically what our front ends are on our Velo Cars.

It's converted from old Team Associated RC10 Dual Sport based parts.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Johnn27 likes this.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default RC VELODROME RACE CAR BUILDING 101

Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
Can u explain and post pics? I would love to build one of these cars !
Here's a copy of a .pdf file written by Nic Case - one of the VELO racers, Guinness World Record Speed holder.

HOW TO BUILD A VELO CAR
Old 03-08-2018, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default March 10 - RAINOUT - Resched Apr. 7

The dang weather is going to get the best of us this weekend it looks like.
For the safety of the racers who need to travel to get to Encino I called the race for rain today (well Yesterday now) and rescheduled it for Saturday April 7th
Old 03-23-2018, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour View Post

The dang weather is going to get the best of us this weekend it looks like.
For the safety of the racers who need to travel to get to Encino I called the race for rain today (well Yesterday now) and rescheduled it for Saturday April 7th
Can you please tell me when the gates open at what time does racing start on Saturday April 7

Last edited by JustLarry; 03-23-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Forgot the date
Old 03-23-2018, 12:14 PM
SKJ
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Larry the track should open at 7am on Saturday. There is also a practice session on the April 6th that starts at noon.
JustLarry likes this.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

We're just a week away from our 2nd R/C Worldrome event at the Encino Velodrome near Los Angeles.

Track Facts:

252 meters (826 ft.)
Pro 17.5/2c class runs in the low 8 second lap time range -- travelling just under 100 ft. per second. (roughly 67 MPH)

We'll be at the track FRIDAY afternoon - June 8th for a few hours of practice with racing planned to get underway around 11:00 on Saturday June 9th.

We've got (4) racers joining us ALL the way from JAPAN, and one from Lousiana and one from Texas too. (plus the guys who come from ALL over CA.)

We're expecting in the 35-50 range of racers. (possibly more)

I will have VELO TIRES for Pan Cars on hand 4 Sale (Orange EHW BSR Caps) -- these run $108.00 per set at the track, $115.00 SHIPPED

We're going to run Spec SLASH (Dirt Oval Mod Bodied) cars (if they show up) and the TAMIYA Euro Trucks (these are really slow, so I'm not yet sure what we'll do with them, but what ever we do should be fun.

Our "Regular" Velo classes include

OVAL SPEC - HobbyWing 21.5 (spec motor) JUSTOCK 3650SD G2 - up to 5000mAh 2c Lipo (blinky ESC mode), McAllister Gen6 Nascar style (200mm) bodies.
21.5 / 2 cell "NASTRUCK" -- 1/10th scale pan car with a Nascar style truck body (blinky ESC mode)
21.5 / 2 cell "STOCK CAR" -- 1/10th scale pan car with Nascar style "Stock Car" bodies. 190mm bodies (blinky ESC mode)
17.5 / 2 cell "STOCK CAR" -- 1/10th scale pan car with Nascar style "Stock Car" bodies 190mm bodies (blinky ESC mode) ** these FLY
INSANE SPEED RUN -- 1/10th scale cars (2 or 4wd) Electric only.

If you are in the area, come check them out...

Old 06-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default The 2018 RC Worldrome

Last weekend (June 8-9) we held our 2nd Annual RCWorldrome at the Encino Velodrome.

Since 2001 I've held many many r/c races at the Encino Velodrome and used many names for the events, but once a year we've had our fellow velo race enthusiasts from Japan join us, and at one time they had a race sponsored by the Japanese R/C Magazine RC WORLD and had an event they called RC WORLD DROME

I wanted that name to be revived, and although we have no involvement with the magazine, we were given the blessing to use a very similar name.

This years race was a lot of fun, rolling into Encino on Thursday June 7th, myself and my racing buddy Steve J met up with our friends from Japan for a pre-weekend dinner and get together at a Persian Restaurant in Encino close to their hotel, the restaurant doesn't serve alcohol, but they welcomed us to bring our own, so we brought in a couple 12 packs of AMERICA's "FINEST" brewed beer (Bud Light and Coors Banquet) and got to visiting, eating, laughing and we can't hardly understand each other (or the staff of this Persian dining facility) but man it was a great time.

Friday Morning we head to the track (For those who don't know what a VELODROME is, this one is a Concrete High Banked 252 Meter (826 ft) Bicycle track.) and set up for a full day of practice. Note, our events are huge so we're only expecting 35-50 entries, but we really enjoy our racing and love sharing and bringing new racers out to see what we do.

After a full day of practice, some cars are flying, we got our first taste of what the ultra slow TAMIYA EURO TRUCKS would run, and a few guys crashed and did a lot of damage to their cars, so they'd be doing the classic "Up Til Midnight, Bashing and Thrashing at the Motels".

When practice concluded on Friday around 7:30 pm, most of the racers who attended practice all got together at the CHILI'S Restaurant in Encino for our 2nd Annual RCWorldrome Practice day feast and festivities. Chili's (who doesn't take reservations) was kind enough to prepare for us (I stopped by on Thursday to let them know we were coming on Friday) and had an area all setup for us upon arrival. There was a lot of fun, laughs, beer, ribs and more with this great group of racers.

On Saturday, we had our race event, we had over 60 entries this year with 4 racers traveling from Japan, 2 from Arizona, 1 from Texas and 1 from Illinois (plus both ends of California were covered) The racing was great, we ran a couple "SPEC" classes to lure out new to velo racers, as mentioned TAMIYA EURO TRUCKS along with a STOCK 2wd SLASH class that uses Dirt Oval Modified bodies. (These two classes were so much fun to watch and listen to the laughing from the drivers having a great time)

At the end of the 2nd round of qualifying, we were about 2 hours behind the imaginary schedule, but we stayed the course for our 3 rounds of qualifying and we were racing against a rapidly dropping sun in the Western Sky. We finished our last main event just mere minutes before the sunlight was gone, so we ALL WON!

There are many who look forward to this race every year, and the plans are already in the works for RCWorldrome III in June of 2019. It would be great to have a few more local So-Cal racers come check it out, maybe run in the spec classes, or even consider trying to help create a NEW spec class. We're welcome to new ideas, we just want our velodrome racing (which started back in 1988) to be able to continue for the next 30 years.

COMPLETE RCWorldrome Race Results
Old 06-22-2018, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

VELODROME Promo Video (Thanks to Nic Case for putting this toghether)

Last edited by SWTour; 06-24-2018 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Parts List

Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
Hi John,

This is basically what our front ends are on our Velo Cars.

It's converted from old Team Associated RC10 Dual Sport based parts.

I acquired a nice RC10L3O can you put together a parts list to convert the front end? Also do all the classes run this front end if not what classes run what ?

I will look at PDF and if I have and questions on build I will let you know but still wondering id all classes run this front end ?
Old 07-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnn27 View Post
I acquired a nice RC10L3O can you put together a parts list to convert the front end? Also do all the classes run this front end if not what classes run what ?

I will look at PDF and if I have and questions on build I will let you know but still wondering id all classes run this front end ?
We have a "spec" class that runs the Hobbywing non adjustable 21.5 motors a blinky esc and 5000mah or less 2 cell lipo that uses the old style non shocked front end. It also uses the McAllister G6 style 200mm stock car bodies.

if you aren't on the RC VELO RACERS group on facebook, join that, for some great help from the racers

Johnn27 likes this.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service