Like Tree5Likes

RC VELODROME (bicycle track) 2018

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Racing at Encino Velodrome Sunday Sept. 2nd with SAT practice

Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day Weekend we'll be racing at the Encino Velodrome.

This will be a Saturday afternoon practice session from about Noon til 6 - 6:30 with
Racing on Sunday Sept. 2nd (2018), GATES will be opened around 7 am. with racing starting about 11:00

Our normal classes (2cell pan car 21.5 & 17.5 stock cars, 2s 21.5 NASTRUCK, 2c 21.5 HobbyWing Oval Spec and our Euro Trucks and Slash based SPORT MODS will be invited to run as well.

Other USER created class(es) are welcome as well, I just ask for at least 6-8 entries...the track is big, and I like the class to have enough entries to corner marshal.

VISIT us on Facebook at RC VELO RACERS
Old 08-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Only a couple weeks until our next RC Oval on the VELODROME race.

Here's my ride for the Labor Day Classic!!

Tribute car to the Bruncati's Sunrise Ford Racing #6 K&N Pro "West" Series Nascar themed car driven by Derek Thorn.

Last edited by SWTour; 08-18-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default 3rd Annual THANKSGIVING THROWDOWN is Coming

The 3rd Annual THANKSGIVING THROWDOWN at the Encino Velodrome is coming quickly - only 2 months away.!!!

I've extended an invitation to guys and gals who race the popular USVTA class at various On-Road tracks to come join us. While compared to our normal Oval Velodrome "Pan Cars" the VTA cars will be pretty slow on this monster 826 ft. HIGH BANKED Oval Track - I'm looking to find ways to get new people to check out this facility, so HERE's your chance -- and if it turns out to be as fun as running out Dirt Oval Traxxas Slash "Sport Mods" has been, you guys are in for some fun, laughter and door banging excitement. My scoring system can run up to 20 cars at once -- and I'd LOVE to have a 20 car MAIN event of really cool looking USVTA cars.

Our "Regular" Velo Classes are

"Oval Spec" - which is a normal pan car chassis (with stock type "strut" front ends - and no front shocks. It uses the McAllister 200mm Gen 6 Style "NASCAR" bodies, a Hobbywing Justock 21.5 motor, any "Blinky ESC", upto a 5000 mAh 2 cell Lipo and any rubber tires (Velo Caps are preferred)

21.5 and 17.5 Stock Car Classes (Rules for these two classes allow for fully operational "shocked" front ends, it uses the more aero dynamic 190mm High Speed stock car bodies. ie McAllister #197, PSE HS Monte Carlo, Protoform HS T Bird, WINDTUNNEL HS Taurus, etc. "ROAR" legal 21.5 and 17.5 motors, 2 cell lipos and the BSR "EHW" type capped tires

NASTRUCK -- Pretty much the same as the 21.5 "Stock Car" class except it uses a TRUCK body ie: Protoform ORT, Windtunnel FMT or CST, McAllister's truck bodies etc.

We also run the Dirt Oval "SLASH" Sport Mod (Box Stock Traxxas Slash 2wd w/ a Dirt "Modified" type body - NO OTHER MODIFICATIONS except a larger pinion gear. (I believe it's 28t)

Last June at our 3rd Annual RC WORLDROME race, we also introduced the EURO TRUCKS to the Velodrome - and I'd LOVE to have those return. They were a kick to watch and cheer on and make one of THE MOST Affordable ways to get to RACE on this Historic piece of RC History.

So MARK your Calendar for November 23 & 24th at So Cals ENCINO VELODROME -- come check it out or join the fun. (We love it when people come, watch and ask questions!!)

ENCINO VELODROME
17301 Oxnard St,
Encino, CA 91316

if you are on FACEBOOK - check us out here ---> RC VELO RACERS
Old 10-15-2018, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default 21.5 Spec Class

Is there still a set gear ratio in the 21. Spec class ? What is the recommended starting point for gearing ?

Last edited by Johnn27; 10-15-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:52 AM
SKJ
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here is Joe Myers response on Facebook about the spec class.
Joe Myers Hi John - we aren't running a fixed gear because there were a couple versions of the HW 21.5 motor (there are 3 now) -- the goal is to have the racers in this class NOT out power each other, but keep the cars close -- (if one car is running 10.9s and ALL the others are 11.2 - the 10.9 car needs to drop a tooth or something so we don't have guys doing the crazy thing all the other classes do to go faster and faster.

The side wings are just flaps we made (about 1.25 x 1.00 in. with the bottom .25 on the 1.25 side being folded for mounting. This was doine when we were trying to make the CRC F1 style tires work -- they still didn't work out - so we went to any CAPPED TIRE for the class.

(The CRC tires were like trying to drive on FLAT Tires -- too squirrely and unpredictable -- not something I wanted in a more entry level "FUN" class.
Johnn27 likes this.