Like Tree102Likes

Steel City R/C Speedway

Old 04-23-2018, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

had a great time at the inaugural race at Steel City RC Speedway, thanks to the Goodwine Family all you work and awesome track, the layout is fun the traction was on point all weekend.

Steve Burgess, thank you for the pics and videos!!

Victor
Old 05-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Attention all racers!

The opening round of the 2018 Steel Series is this Sunday!

Weekend schedule:...
Friday: open practice- noon to 7pm
Saturday: open practice- 7am to 7pm
Sunday: Steel Series Round #1- track opens at 7am, racing starts at 9am
Friday and Saturday are $15 per day per driver
Sunday racing is $25 for first class, $10 per each additional class

Classes:
1/8th open
1/8th masters (45 and up)
1/8th sportsman
1/10th nitro sedan
GT8
1/5th STC
1/10th Modified Touring Car

-Points series is 9 rounds long
-Your best 6 rounds will go towards the year end total
-Racing format will be 2 qualifying rounds followed by main events
-Qualifying is “Rocket Round” style
-ROAR rules are enforced
-ROAR memberships are required

Old 05-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IF you ever decide to have a "short track" setup to race 1/10 electric cars I'd try to make it!! F-1 and WGTR is what I'm racing now. I also have an ancient Pro 10 car I'd like to see If I can get around!! We have a few other OC racers that would perhaps like this too? Something to explore if you need more racers / races.

I WISH I had my old 1/5 scale car but it looks like Victors Mechatech car would be WAY faster than an old FG!!
Old 05-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Good afternoon RC racers.
We are gearing up for the KO Propo Grand Prix / June 20-24.
Wednesday / June 20 is considered an open practice day by SCS for all KO Propo Grand Prix participants. Wednesday practice is $15.00 per person practicing.
KO Propo event starts Thursday morning June 21-24 and is at that time controlled by Brian Thomas and his event staff.
Motorhomes, RV's or travel trailers staying overnight will be parked inside SCS fence perimeter. We (SCS) will be directing where you are to park as you arrive. Many are arriving Wednesday morning.
All other vehicles will be parked outside to the east of our area. You will be allowed to drive inside, unload your canopies and equipment and then move your vehicle to the east parking area which is a few hundred feet away.
We have started a list of RV's and motorhomes coming in and there lengths. If you have NOT let us know through Facebook please do so here.
SCS will also have Americrown Concessions on site Thursday - Sunday for food services, lemonade and ice cream. Thursday they will start roughly 10:00am. for lunch and the remainder of the days they will be on site 7:00am for breakfast burritos as well as lunch. So please support Americrown while you are at SCS. SCS gains nothing financially from it, Americrown is kind enough to support our event so we should in return support them.
Leester likes this.

Last edited by Phil Goodwine; 05-30-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added more notes
Old 05-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
IF you ever decide to have a "short track" setup to race 1/10 electric cars I'd try to make it!! F-1 and WGTR is what I'm racing now. I also have an ancient Pro 10 car I'd like to see If I can get around!! We have a few other OC racers that would perhaps like this too? Something to explore if you need more racers / races.

I WISH I had my old 1/5 scale car but it looks like Victors Mechatech car would be WAY faster than an old FG!!
Have not been out to the track yet so I do not know what the back straight length is (full or with the cut-out) but Hobby Town Fresno that holds a TCS race every January has a 165' straight. I have raced F1 last two years there with 25.5 power and was not a problem.

Panda
Old 05-30-2018, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

SCS has multiple shorter courses that will be put into use during the CTS event along with the Protoform Cup race. Both of these event are for electric only. Both of those event promoters and sponsors will be determining which classes will be run, what rules and which course will be utilized.
Keep an eye out on RC Tech forums, our website at www.steelcityrcspeedway.com or facebook page at steelcityrcspeedway.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phil Goodwine
SCS has multiple shorter courses that will be put into use during the CTS event along with the Protoform Cup race. Both of these event are for electric only. Both of those event promoters and sponsors will be determining which classes will be run, what rules and which course will be utilized.
Keep an eye out on RC Tech forums, our website at www.steelcityrcspeedway.com or facebook page at steelcityrcspeedway.
Going to miss the CTS race as will still be recovering from eye surgery but plan to race the Protoform Cup electric race in September.

Panda
Old 06-30-2018, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Congrats on the track it looks like a great setup along with friendly folks.

What's a good way to get started if I don't want to go nitro.
Saw someone running a 1/8 Capricorn electric but hard to get $$$ on setup. I have remotes/charger from my 1/10 RCs. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone know if 200mm pan cars (Xray X-10 for example) will be legal for Pro-10 protoform cup? Is the 235mm conversion required?
Old 07-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowGuySam
Anyone know if 200mm pan cars (Xray X-10 for example) will be legal for Pro-10 protoform cup? Is the 235mm conversion required?
That's what I wanted to run but body choices are limited
Old 07-17-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

We will be open for practice this coming Thursday 7/19/18.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

how big is the group on electric mod>??
Old 07-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

As of this moment on our website there is 6 signed up. Not exactly sure how many others with enter at the track.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Steel City R/C Speedway will be CLOSED on the two upcoming weekends of July 27th-29th and August 3rd-5th. Normal practice and racing will resume on the weekend of August 10th.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really good job with the track. Hopefully I can make it out for a race this year!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.