Like Tree81Likes

Steel City R/C Speedway

Old 08-03-2019, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mstrfahrenheit View Post
Nearly every weekend, yes. Follow them on facebook and you'll get a notice if they take a weekend off (this weekend for instance due to an event at AutoClub Speedway.).
https://www.facebook.com/steelcityrcspeedway/
Steel City R/C Speedway

They have 2 huge tents (no need for ezup) and have some tables/chairs available. I like to bring my own table/chair, but either works. There is power but you should plan on bringing a long extension cord.

What class are you planning to run? There are always lots of helpful people to get you going.
I only run 1/10 scale electric touring car. This place is mostly nitro right? Are there any electric guys that go to this track? It looks like a big awesome track. Looks like they only run mod for electric touring car?
Old 08-03-2019, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's hit and miss. Lately there have been at least 1 full heats worth at the big races, but yes, mostly 1/8 nitro and 1/5. But don't let that stop you from coming out -- classes build up by people showing up. Get the car on the track

Yes, mod touring.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post

I only run 1/10 scale electric touring car. This place is mostly nitro right? Are there any electric guys that go to this track? It looks like a big awesome track. Looks like they only run mod for electric touring car?
The ProtoForm Cup is coming to Steel City September 20-22. F1, USGT, TC, Mod. Last year they used FT motors and it made for great racing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/651284615372818/