Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

BEWARE OF HBD817

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why the heck would write this stupid comment ..... and he sent me pictures maybe you should read before you write 😂😭😭😭

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Why the heck would you do the business over text? all you need to say is on your wanted thread is

"Reply to this thread with pictures of what you have"
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C.GRIDIRON
Why the heck would write this stupid comment ..... and he sent me pictures maybe you should read before you write ��������
There is zero help you are going to receive from any moderator once you do business via text.

So...how did you send him money? Friends and family?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Why the heck would write this stupid comment ..... and he sent me pictures maybe you should read before you write 😂😭😭😭
Maybe you need to read before you write, Marcos.J didn't quote you in his reply, most probably a general statement as OP had stated that he received pictures via text not to mention quite a few other people that have been ripped off also dealing via text.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Two observations:

First, this is 100% the same guy considering the last name on the email address.

Second, whoever got ripped off by him paid as friends and family considering that the question has been asked several times and none of the victims have said otherwise.

If I'm correct on the second one, just go ahead and punch yourself in the face. It will take your mind off of how bad your butt is hurting right now.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Hello all. I posted a wanted ad for a M12s and 481 receivers. HBD817 replied Thursday night, sent me a text with pictures of the items Friday morning. HBD817 said he/she would ship same day if paid by 4:30pm I paid at 9:30am that day and haven't heard from HBD817 since tried text messages tried messages on here and even tried message through PayPal. There has been activity on the account after I tried contacting him/her but no response yet. PayPal address was [email protected] name on account is Crystal Kieffer so if you guys are contacted by this person BEWARE.
Why the heck would write this stupid comment ..... and he sent me pictures maybe you should read before you write ��������
here you go Einstein, im not the one that got shafted , so im by far not stupid and I wasnt replying to your comment

Last edited by Marcos.J; 05-15-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
You think the scammer will not go to the little trouble to make a fake id to post...

In today's world there is NO WAY IN HELL I would send a picture of my DL to any stranger over a sell/purchase on an Internet forum.

We would see threads every other day about how someone's identity has been stolen.
Exactly......
Old 05-15-2017, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

I sent money via goods and services. I have to wait until this coming Friday before PayPal will step in.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Why the heck would you do the business over text? all you need to say is on your wanted thread is

"Reply to this thread with pictures of what you have"
Lol why would you do business via text? Um because we have smart phones are instantly connected and it makes it faster than sending messages back and forth on a forum I don't sign into every day.

Why else? Because text messages have helped me in court. They are a recording of everything said between both parties and can be retrieved even if deleted on your phone. I run a business and text messages have helped me get the money I deserved when customers decided it to pay for shirts/signs.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by harry697
Two observations:

First, this is 100% the same guy considering the last name on the email address.

Second, whoever got ripped off by him paid as friends and family considering that the question has been asked several times and none of the victims have said otherwise.

If I'm correct on the second one, just go ahead and punch yourself in the face. It will take your mind off of how bad your butt is hurting right now.
Paid as goods and services
Old 05-15-2017, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
There is zero help you are going to receive from any moderator once you do business via text.

So...how did you send him money? Friends and family?
What is the forum moderator going to do?

Can they get my money back from PayPal? Doubt it.

Did I ask them to do anything? Nope.

Will PayPal take care of the situation? Well seeing as I paid an invoice for goods and services yup they should. Filed a claim and now it's a waiting game.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer1812
I'm not gonna guess, I'm gonna ask. Did either of you send payment as"friends or family"..? I'll assume so otherwise you wouldn't have been ripped off, you would just file a PP claim.

FYI on sending friends or family payments with a CC. Not only does the guy rip you off, you paid extra for him to do it! PayPal charges the sender a fee equivalent to that of a seller fee for the amount sent.
I did not, I sent as goods and services
Old 05-15-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by amospetrie
That sucks hopefully u send as goods n services.. ty for the head up... you shoulda posted this in seller dispute section... hope it works out on the end...
I posted this in the willing to buy to help out guys like me. I didn't look in the dispute thread because any time I had an issue with an item it was always not as described, not as in good of condition as it should have, took forever to get there or whatever. There's a major difference between dispute and scam. I thought if I posted there anyone posting items they wanted could see it and not do business with this guy. By it being moved somewhere else guys like me would never see it. There should be a scam list posted at the top of all the items for sale and items wanted to buy sections. It would save a lot of people headaches/hassles and bring attention to the scammers.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
You guys are pricks and should not be posting ignorant crap like this.

Haha yeah your right you should poke fun blame us because someone tried to scam us. Why don't you blame the victims of rape, home invasion or murder too? It's really the victims fault huh?

I'm posting on here to help others out, maybe even you, so no one gets scammed by this guy. Instead of appreciating the heads up here you are being ignorant and calling me stupid for trying to buy a transmitter and receivers. Smh
Old 05-15-2017, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ostach24
What is the forum moderator going to do?

Can they get my money back from PayPal? Doubt it.

Did I ask them to do anything? Nope.

Will PayPal take care of the situation? Well seeing as I paid an invoice for goods and services yup they should. Filed a claim and now it's a waiting game.
Well Pissing on the Mods won't help your cause either
Hope everything works out for you with paypal then!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.