Like Tree99Likes

Team Associated TC7.1

Old 03-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
^^agreed. You're likely to have to pay the return shipping charges, that's simply PP policy. Normally, a simple tracking number will satisfy PP and they will issue you're refund once the see that you've shipped the item back. IMO, I would ship it requiring signature confirmation.
This has been several years ago and I ended up resolving the issue without having to send the item back. But at that time, I talked to someone at paypal and they told me that all they needed was a tracking number. They told me I would be refunded at that point. The item didn't have to be delivered, just proof that it was shipped. I thought that was kinda shady because I could have put anything in a box and shipped it.

Not sure if their policy has changed since then and I've never been in a situation like that since. Would be interested in knowing though.
racer1812 likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Thank you, sir, for this clarification - glenn had me thinking I was a prissy little b!tch.

Originally Posted by racer1812
Welcome to the feedback forum everyone. I'll be your teacher today. Class is in session and you're all about to get SCHOOLED

#1) 3 days old, 3 months old, or 3 years old, it doesn't matter. If you advertise an item as being in "Like brand new and well taken care of", it needs to show up 'In like brand new condition'. Simple as that.

#2)Based on the pics posted by the buyer. That's not like new and certainly doesn't LOOK well maintained. 3 minutes with a brush would have removed all the tire "bits" and general grit and grime that comes with running TC, they do get dirty. Carpet fuzz packed between the out drives and bearings That doesn't give the appearance of being well maintained. Don't pull a car off the track and ship it to me. That doesn't support your description of being well maintained.

#2) Whether it's a 30 dollar deal or a 3 thousand dollar deal doesn't matter. And it certainly doesn't matter how GOOD of a deal a buyer may or may not have gotten! The buyers whole point and issue with the seller is that he doesn't feel like he received a car in the condition that it was advertised in. And I agree with him. The people who are saying the buyer is too picky, or whining..Clearly don't get it! Just because something might be a "good deal" doesn't mean you can misrepresent it's condition when selling it.

Had I bought this car, I would NOT be happy with it's condition based on the sellers description.

And it is unfortunate, as the car is a good "deal" had it not been described that way. . . 20 minutes cleaning the car up and not including "like brand new" and I would've been satisfied with the transaction, as I would imagine CRFXXT would've been too. Fwiw, I would mount that body (mount it in the trash ).

I hope it works out for you CRFXXXT.
CRFXXXT and konasubs like this.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey, some people are more picky than others. NONE of you are prissy little biotches!

Turns out I race against the guy that bought this worn out "new" car. He's a great guy. He showed me more photos and now I see his complaint. But being not very picky myself, I would have most likely torn it completely down, rebuilt it, and worked with the seller to give me a partial refund. Oh, and I've bought enough full scale cars used, I know the jargon. "Like new" means "beat to heck!" If someone posts that the car is "well used", that means it doesn't run and is only worth scrap metal value.

The last thing, the buyer is beating my a$$ with a TC6.2 to my TC7.1, so I am really not looking forward to him having a new car. Wish he'd just kept with this TC7.1 beater and then it would have taken him a few months to work the bugs out!
aracefan likes this.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

It appears he responded (although I do not see his response in the comments, maybe this is normal after it is escalated to a claim)?

So, now I wait for paypal to make a decision.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
It appears he responded (although I do not see his response in the comments, maybe this is normal after it is escalated to a claim)?

So, now I wait for paypal to make a decision.
also make sure you choose a return shipping service that requires signature... so there is proof someone took delivery of it.

saved my ass once on a deal i had to return ship an item from a dishonest seller
aracefan likes this.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
Carpet fibers? Is that an issue? A slight rub on the outdrives. I'm guessing he built it with the kit setup but had some handling issues so went to the higher roll center. Then he tried the higher rear diff and he just didn't notice that there was a slight rub on the outdrives. Doesn't mean he didn't take good care of the car. And rubs on the bottom of the graphite chassis, pretty normal. I just think there are some very picky people out there.

well after all this unnecessary drama , PayPal decided in MY FAVOR.

Racer1812 I would appreciate if you remove the negative rating and for future reference as a moderator you should remain neutral since you are only hearing one side of the argument.

Get all the facts before you trying 'schooling' people.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would also like this thread removed /deleted from this forum.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

No, and No.

Your side of the story is what exactly? I hope it's a lot more than a PayPal decision. PayPal decisions don't dictate feedback. This isn't the first time I've seen PayPal get it wrong.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

And it's not over yet... it was a misunderstanding with PayPal thinking it was a full size vehicle rather than a toy.

Full size vehicles do not have buyer protection, however toy cars do.

I am on the phone with them currently discussing re opening the dispute.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10

well after all this unnecessary drama , PayPal decided in MY FAVOR.

Racer1812 I would appreciate if you remove the negative rating and for future reference as a moderator you should remain neutral since you are only hearing one side of the argument.

Get all the facts before you trying 'schooling' people.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)

I dont get this..I read original ad and looked at pics and nowhere does it show how warn the outdrives are, body is completely waisted and chassis has been abused. You are a seasoned veteran on tech, yet your acting like an 18 year old rookie. This car isnt like new, wasnt pimped out to even try to look new. It's not about taking sides. Man up. Give the other seasoned vet his money back, either relist car in its correctly described condition or fix issues and then list "like new". I and others will respect that you made a mistake and are willing to make it right.
I definitely have high stardards when words are used "like new" but I can only assume since the money that was paid was lower, you felt that repairing/cleaning the car was not necessary. From the overwelming response from seasoned techies, I humbly hope you make this right sir......It's only toy cars and we are all lucky to have this wonderful hobby.....One other bit of advice...RACER is far guy and always cuts thru the BS. His words can be harsh, but he will not tolerate a lack of justice and fairness on our awesome forum...In otherwords....Don't piss him off...lol...
CRFXXXT and KA2AEV like this.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

At this time I believe we are going to let the new PayPal claim go and just deal with the fact that JEFFS SC10 sold us a pile. He is the one that has to live with the fact that he is not man enough or honest enough to do the right thing and make this right.

Oddly enough I reached out to a few RC friends that race with him or have in the past and this is not the first time he's cause drama such as this, fortunately this time he did it for the entire RCTECH community to see. He has to live with that, not me.

Everyone provided feedback and opinions and while it should have been an easy claim for PayPal to resolve it is unfortunate that it ended with a likely mistake from PayPal.

As I've said many times, the car can be fixed, unfortunately dishonest sellers that aren't man enough or honest enough to step up and resolve the issue can not. We will fix the car and make it like new, but likely be at or real close to the cost of a new kit by the time we are done.

He said it best in his PayPal claim comments - CAVEAT EMPTOR, BUYER BEWARE. I will make sure this thread finds its way to his future for sale adds, dishonest sellers should be called out and that is exactly what I am going to do.

Thanks everyone for your help and opinions, live and learn!
Old 03-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)

Trolling him in the future is NOT the way to go sir. I had an issue in the past year and RACER made sure negative feedback about me was removed and just due feedback about seller was left even though he had almost 100 positive to that point. If a techie looks at this person's feedback and has questions and sends you a private PM asking about this seller, I humbly think that gives you the right to discuss this incident PRIVATELY. Keep the KARMA in your favor please. Sorry again you are gonna be out some money to bring up to CORRECT selling standards based on the original post. Make lemonade out of a lemon. Sugar on the glass for me please....NVM that's a lemon drop....I have one of those too.....Yummy....peace all
Old 03-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
At this time I believe we are going to let the new PayPal claim go and just deal with the fact that JEFFS SC10 sold us a pile. He is the one that has to live with the fact that he is not man enough or honest enough to do the right thing and make this right.

Oddly enough I reached out to a few RC friends that race with him or have in the past and this is not the first time he's cause drama such as this, fortunately this time he did it for the entire RCTECH community to see. He has to live with that, not me.

Everyone provided feedback and opinions and while it should have been an easy claim for PayPal to resolve it is unfortunate that it ended with a likely mistake from PayPal.

As I've said many times, the car can be fixed, unfortunately dishonest sellers that aren't man enough or honest enough to step up and resolve the issue can not. We will fix the car and make it like new, but likely be at or real close to the cost of a new kit by the time we are done.

He said it best in his PayPal claim comments - CAVEAT EMPTOR, BUYER BEWARE. I will make sure this thread finds its way to his future for sale adds, dishonest sellers should be called out and that is exactly what I am going to do.

Thanks everyone for your help and opinions, live and learn!
Sorry but we don't allow that type of activity. You've left him negative feedback and any due diligent future buyers should see that as well as think to look in here and find this thread. Which clearly shows to everyone, but him and PP, that the item was not "like new" as he described it.

Sadly PP doesn't make the right decision sometimes.
CRFXXXT likes this.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Nothing to do with this thread, just a curious observation for the OP. Your user name leads me to believe that you ride a Honda CRF. And the XXXT leads me to believe that you're also a Losi guy. The thing that I can't wrap my brain around is, how does a guy smart enough to ride a Honda not know any better than to drive a Losi?

Just having fun with you, but seriously, step up your rc game to where your mx level is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.