Search
Like Tree99Likes

Team Associated TC7.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
Carpet fibers? Is that an issue? A slight rub on the outdrives. I'm guessing he built it with the kit setup but had some handling issues so went to the higher roll center. Then he tried the higher rear diff and he just didn't notice that there was a slight rub on the outdrives. Doesn't mean he didn't take good care of the car. And rubs on the bottom of the graphite chassis, pretty normal. I just think there are some very picky people out there.
If you ran outdoor off-road, would you leave dirt build up on your shock shafts? Dirt caked around your transmission?

Call me picky... When I ran off-road I rebuilt my shocks after the qualifiers and before every main (I also had a small bucket of water to clean my tires after every run, and even armor-all them up). If you don't, glenn, that's your business.

And yes, I am probably too anal about "maintenance" but I enjoy that side of the hobby almost as much as running the darn things. Wasn't trying to start anything with you bud!
CRFXXXT likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Glenn, you are completely missing the point I think.

Carpet fibers - big deal, I own an air compressor. This does however show a lack of maintaining the car, which the add specifically mentioned.

Outdrives - yes, small groove but the drive train is bound. If he ran it this way the gears, bearings, diff, spur gear etc all took extra abuse. The CVA blade is plastic, in order to cup a set of ourdrives like that you need either a ton of time on the car, or a complete neglect of maintaining this car, both of which go against the sellers claim of like new and well maintained. How can I feel like the car was "well maintained" if he can't even recognize a bound up drive train or worn outdrive?

Worn chassis - again yes, that is a wear item. I am not questioning that any of these are wear items, but the amount of wear does not match the description of this add.

If the car was listed as heavily run, poorly maintained, wore out and unclean and I received this car I would not be here posting any of this or going through the paypal dispute process, however it was listed as like brand new, we'll maintained and unfortunately that is not shown in the car that I recieved.
aracefan likes this.

Last edited by CRFXXXT; 02-28-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

if an item is not as described i wouldnt be happy. ijs, i see why someone would be upset about buying an item that is not as described
Old 02-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I guess you could send it back to him.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

definitely not as described, Paypal will side with the buyer 95% of the time. If i were him i'd work out a deal before Paypal works it out for him.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

I'd gladly send it back for a refund, that's all I'm looking to do.

Just as rc23, paypal will handle it, because he already said he will not do anything.

Last edited by CRFXXXT; 02-28-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Too many whiners on this thread.

I'd keep the car. If anything I'd just ask for a partial refund to pay for new outdrives. I would certainly not turn in a nice car that was a good price. That car came with a lot of nice extras including the aluminum chassis, the weights, and the lightweight axles. And to those that complained the graphite chassis was scuffed/scratched, you can see that on the original photos. Oh, and with that small rub on the outdrives, there won't be any additional wear on the drive train.

If I were Paypal I'd side with the seller, but the other person who posted was right, 95% of the time they will side with the buyer. But if I were the buyer, I'd keep that car, it will cost him well over $600 to replace it.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Glenn,

Considering the fact that you are still completely missing the point, I'll avoid responding to you.

It is in paypal hands, I'll let it run through the process.

Thanks
Dave
Cain likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
Glenn,

Considering the fact that you are still completely missing the point, I'll avoid responding to you.

It is in paypal hands, I'll let it run through the process.

Thanks
Dave
I get your point, just think it's not a very good point. So he said it was like new, who cares? You still got a great deal for a good car. Clean it up, put on new outdrives, heck I don't think you need to, but go ahead and replace the cam bearings in the back since the load may have been a bit higher due to the rubbing. Ask him for a partial refund to pay for new outdrives and rear cam bearings.

It's not smart to get caught up in what he said, what really matters is you are going to send the car back because you are pissed and that's just being emotional, not smart. I wish you luck, but I'm betting you won't find a deal that good in the future.

EDIT: And CRFXXT, I'm really trying to help. I just think you are upset because you felt he misrepresented the car. But you still got a great deal, clean it up, put new outdrives and rear cam bearings, it will be a car that will serve you very well for a long time. I love my TC7.1. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. I know I've done the same as you, I've let my emotions get the best of me. That never comes out good.
greener74 likes this.

Last edited by glennhl; 02-28-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

I'm not pissed at all, I'm sending it back because I paid for a vehicle that is not close to the description.

If I sold you a brand new never driven regular vehicle for 30,000 only for it to be delivered to your house with 50K miles on it, would you still say no big deal, who cares what the dealer said, just throw a new set of tires, brakes, oil change and detail and your fine with it?

Even if it cost me 2500 to replace it, that again isn't the point. It's not about the money, it's about the fact that what I recieved is not what is described here.

I understand you're trying to help, but you're either completely missing my point (which you say you arent), or you're completely ok of accepting something that is not accurately listed. I, fortunately am not ok accepting it, hence why I am in this spot.

Don't you find it a little odd that the seller has been on / offline all day and has not posted a single time here? He either knows he sold me a POS that was inaccurately described, or doesn't have anything else to add which is why I will let PayPal do its thing.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, if the vehicle was a POS, then I would agree with you. But from what I've seen, it's not a POS. It has a couple of issues that can easily be corrected. Good luck finding another 7.1 with those extras for that price. I would say the best thing for you though is to look for a Tower coupon and buy a brand new one. Out of the box they work great on asphalt and all you need to buy for carpet is the aluminum chassis.

Oh, and you say your aren't pissed, but your following sentences would say otherwise. And I don't blame the seller for not posting on this thread.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

I'll bring it Saturday and you can see it in person. There is much more than the picture I posted.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I dont really see the problem here.
-The Ball stud is rubbing the outdrive. It doesn't look damaged.
-The description doesn't say anything about a brass weight set. just that it has them, and it does.
-You say it doesn't have the body "washers". the picture doesn't have them either. just spend the $6 and buy some.
-Missing sway bar sets. seller acknowledges his mistake and is willing to send them.
-You claim it has a beat up chassis. lets see.
-Arguably the worn outdrives are an issue, but personally i wouldn't expect any used car i buy to not have worn outdrives. thats just what they do.
It sounds like the car needs a few bucks and some maintenance. I think you got a good deal. Next time spend the extra $300 that you saved and buy new.
mooby64 likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Sinnin, clearly you're looking at a different picture than what I posted? You don't see the completely cupped out outdrive that has likely been reversed so that the drive side is fresh, or the same outdrive that has a big groove all the way around it? He confirmed via both PM and text that the complete weight set was going to be included. His add didn't mention whether it was complete or not, which is why I specifically asked about it.

If you look at the previous picture I posted, you will also notice that the toe / arm mount is falling off. Again, no big deal, some loose screws, but not something I would expect from a car that is claimed to be "well maintained".

Here are a couple more pictures:

There is no shim in front arm between arm and arm mount - the arm toe pill is install incorrectly because the hinge pin that he replaced the stock one with is not correct - it is too long and doesn't fit the correct way.

And while I appreciate him including a body that wasn't mentioned in the add, this also shows the condition of the rest of the car and how it was driven and cared for.

Again, I understand all of these items are wear items or things that happen, but not on a "like brand new" condition car.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That pill is not installed wrong, it is broken. which is pretty common. That body looks like about 2-3 race days on a tight indoor carpet track, and is pretty similiar to every one of my bodies. Thats just how it is on-road, and your gonna go broke if you refuse to run them that way.

It sucks you feel that way. I have bought some cars that have really p'ed me off but ultimately after the rebuild i was still ahead of a new purchase. I think you did pretty good, you got about $650 worth of stuff for $375. I'm going to sell my 7.1 for hopefully $350 with none of those options, but all the imperfections, and i still feel my car is like new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.