Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
teamassociated2 sells to me, then refunds me and sells to someone else! >

teamassociated2 sells to me, then refunds me and sells to someone else!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

teamassociated2 sells to me, then refunds me and sells to someone else!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default teamassociated2 sells to me, then refunds me and sells to someone else!

teamassociated2 sells me SC5m parts yesterday morning and I paypaled him right away on a price we agreed, then this morning, I see I get a refund from him and he so I ask him how about selling it cheaper with no body? He claims it costs too much $40 to ship to me and thats why he refunded me, then I look this morning on that post and another guy bought the parts from him and paid him last night!!!

I had a guy ship me 2 1/8 mugen buggies, 3 bodies, and a lot of parts with it and it cost $39 bucks, I don't see how shipping me the SC5m parts which included front bumper, chassis, nerf bars, body diff body posts, could cost the same???

Seems kind of shady to me? what do you all think???
Old 01-24-2017, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sure the other person gave him more money, even still if you had a deal first a deal is a deal, if shipping is more then the seller thought, that is kind of on him. To me money was exchanged so a deal was done, maybe negative feedback? Im not sure.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks for letting the R/C community know about the shady thing he did.I would of been pissed off myself.I will think twice about dealing with him.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

once funds were exchanged it was no longer his to sell
Old 01-24-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Not much you can do when a seller backs out on what seems to have been a done deal, but at least you received a full refund. Add him to your ignore list and move on to more reputable sellers.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nissanguy8
teamassociated2 sells me SC5m parts yesterday morning and I paypaled him right away on a price we agreed, then this morning, I see I get a refund from him and he so I ask him how about selling it cheaper with no body? He claims it costs too much $40 to ship to me and thats why he refunded me, then I look this morning on that post and another guy bought the parts from him and paid him last night!!!

I had a guy ship me 2 1/8 mugen buggies, 3 bodies, and a lot of parts with it and it cost $39 bucks, I don't see how shipping me the SC5m parts which included front bumper, chassis, nerf bars, body diff body posts, could cost the same???

Seems kind of shady to me? what do you all think???
Sounds to me like a shyster!!! Not one you want to deal with!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:22 PM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Leave him negative feedback for breaking the deal. He should have had shipping figured out. I just shipped an SC Mod in a 4x4 Slash box half way across the U.S for $16.00
Old 01-24-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Packfan
Leave him negative feedback for breaking the deal.
+1. That guy obviously uses this place solely to sell his stuff. Every single post in the past year and then some has been in the for sale forum. Contributes absolutely nothing to this site, then pulls a shady move like that? I would say negative feedback is warranted.

I wonder what Racer's opinion is on this.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i think racer would be in favor of neutral feedback. OP didn't get burned. he didn't get scammed. he's out no money. i'm of the opinion that negative should be reserved for people who lost money or had to get paypal involved to get their money back.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i think racer would be in favor of neutral feedback. OP didn't get burned. he didn't get scammed. he's out no money. i'm of the opinion that negative should be reserved for people who lost money or had to get paypal involved to get their money back.
I see your point. However, a deal did take place and the guy who shelled out money isn't happy about it. Guess it could go either way.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
once funds were exchanged it was no longer his to sell
I agree with the is one.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

neutral feedback doesn't really mean anything, you dont see it unless you look at the persons feedback.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks for all your input guys, I just didn't get how he told me that it was going to cost $40 to ship to me???? It was really light. When you pull crap like that and make the deal, and then you back out, I feel like it should be a negative feedback. But thanks for all of your insight.

At the end of the day I didn't lose any money and was refunded the next day, but why even agree to make a deal in the first place, just shady Sh%#T. Things could be worse, I could have been scammed, I ve had mostly great transactions on this site, you win some and lose some, time to move on.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Normally I would agree with you. But if you're going to include shipping in your agreed selling price it's your (seller) responsibility to know how much that could potentially cost you depending location. To claim shipping costs are too high as a reason for refund, especially without first contacting the buyer, is crap..IMO

Assuming the seller can't dispute anything Nissanguy has said. I would support negative feedback.

*As always, and in the rules, feedback is reviewed on a case by case basis. In THIS case, that's my opinion/decision.*
Old 01-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Normally I would agree with you. But if you're going to include shipping in your agreed selling price it's your (seller) responsibility to know how much that could potentially cost you depending location. To claim shipping costs are too high as a reason for refund, especially without first contacting the buyer, is crap..IMO

Assuming the seller can't dispute anything Nissanguy has said. I would support negative feedback.

*As always, and in the rules, feedback is reviewed on a case by case basis. In THIS case, that's my opinion/decision.*
Agreed also the USPS has flat rate large boxes that doesn't matter what the weight is that's always an alternative but like racer stated once the money is exchanged the deal is done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.