Wiki Posts
Search

Rules on feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Rules on feedback?

There's no real rules on feedback is there? Maybe it's not a huge issue but for some buyer/seller it's frustrating to make a deal go through and not receive any credit for it. I guess mainly because on this site your trustworthiness is based on itrader feedback. Just figured I'd ask.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The weird part is, you have 13 trader ratings and you've left 15 ratings for others. It appears that you've left feedback for one person that didn't return the favor( which was a repeat customer, so it doesn't count towards your score). But at the same time, I see where someone left you feedback, but you didn't return the favor. I would say your stats are pretty darn good as far as giving/receiving feedback goes. Heck, I've had more people refuse to leave feedback than you've dealt with in total.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by harry697
The weird part is, you have 13 trader ratings and you've left 15 ratings for others. It appears that you've left feedback for one person that didn't return the favor( which was a repeat customer, so it doesn't count towards your score). But at the same time, I see where someone left you feedback, but you didn't return the favor. I would say your stats are pretty darn good as far as giving/receiving feedback goes. Heck, I've had more people refuse to leave feedback than you've dealt with in total.
Lol reason being I've left only 15 is that some deals were made and done via text and never get the chance to get their username to be able to leave a feedback. So I have to wait until they leave me a feedback in order for me to leave one for them unless it's someone who made a post to my thread.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

I hear ya. I made a bunch of deals on this forum and others over the holidays. Not to mention all the online Christmas purchases. At some point, I have to try and figure out who I bought all this stuff from and leave feedback. Not gonna be easy. Lol. Tried looking at my PayPal activity, but it's hopeless.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

I hear ya. I made a bunch of deals on this forum and others over the holidays. Not to mention all the online Christmas purchases. At some point, I have to try and figure out who I bought all this stuff from and leave feedback. Not gonna be easy. Lol. Tried looking at my PayPal activity, but it's hopeless.
Oh well, I was just curious, that's all, I wasn't making a big deal or anything, but seeing as someone made a tire kicker thread, I figured I'd ask about feedback.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default feed back

i have bought and sold and never had a feed back when i sold to any one just saying.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I like to use the feedback to close the deal/sale/transaction.
When doing sales or trades or purchases, I often disclose that feedback must be left/EXCHANGED at the close of the transaction and once feedback is exchanged the deal is closed, and no refunds/returns/ etc can occur after that point, and much like the trade guidelines, lower feedback leaves their feedback 1st, then the 2nd party RETURNS THE SAME COURTESY!
Works real well for myself and havent lost a feedback from a sale/purchase since implementing this.
Hope this info will offer suggestions on handling future feedback.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just because someone leaves feedback doesn't mean they can't return an item if there's an issue. (When using PayPal)

I personally always leave feedback.. can't help what others do.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thrifty
Just because someone leaves feedback doesn't mean they can't return an item if there's an issue. (When using PayPal)

I personally always leave feedback.. can't help what others do.
+1. Having received positive feedback for a transaction will help your case, but paypal is unpredictable when it comes to their rulings. I've seen instances where a buyer has left positive feedback, but then files a dispute and wins. Screwed up, but it happens.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

I only leave feedback once the person I have sold to leaves me feedback. If I am the buyer I will leave feedback once I have received the item and made sure I'm good with it. Not everyone feels the same way though.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NoobRacer
Lol reason being I've left only 15 is that some deals were made and done via text and never get the chance to get their username to be able to leave a feedback. So I have to wait until they leave me a feedback in order for me to leave one for them unless it's someone who made a post to my thread.
As both a buyer and seller I want to know who the person is that I'm dealing with, AKA their post history, feedback rating, length on the site, etc.

How do you know you're even dealing with an actual member if you make no contact here??

Openly posting your phone number on the internet for EVERYONE to see. Not very smart in my opinion.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I only leave feedback once the person I have sold to leaves me feedback. If I am the buyer I will leave feedback once I have received the item and made sure I'm good with it. Not everyone feels the same way though.
+1
Old 01-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Here's an idea that's been rolling around in the back of my mind for awhile now. Petty? Probably. Unethical? Maybe not.

What about a list of people who don't leave feedback? For example, you leave feedback for someone and a month goes by and they never return the favor. Add them to the list of shame. Lol.

Part of me says it would be a convenient way to be able to know if you're wasting your time with somebody or not. And the other party of me says it's a stupid idea.

Thoughts?
Old 01-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Would be nice if feedback was required... I've left 8 feedbacks and only received 2. Hard to get a feedback rating when barely anyone leaves feedback. Not saying we need a list of anything would just be nice for it to be a rule

Here's an idea that's been rolling around in the back of my mind for awhile now. Petty? Probably. Unethical? Maybe not.

What about a list of people who don't leave feedback? For example, you leave feedback for someone and a month goes by and they never return the favor. Add them to the list of shame. Lol.

Part of me says it would be a convenient way to be able to know if you're wasting your time with somebody or not. And the other party of me says it's a stupid idea.

Thoughts?
Old 01-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

why not just pm the buyer or seller after the sale to request feedback?

same principle as ebay. no set rules, but encouraged

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.