Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Here something about paypal..Please read >

Here something about paypal..Please read

Here something about paypal..Please read

Old 12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
C10
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Here something about paypal..Please read

Paypal works fine when everything goes great, but it's a REAL PITA when you want to make a claim, or worse, when the guy you sold it too makes a claim on you - Paypal just freezes those funds, and often your entire account. Try and get a real person on the phone - not! Also, watch out for E-checks (don't take them or wait for them to clear). If the guys bank backs out a few days after you ship, you're screwed. If Paypal wants money from you for a claim, and even if you disagree, they reach back into your back account and take it, then argue. Remember that bank account and all that fine print you didn't read when you when you signed up?

My advise:

1) Don't give paypal access to your entire bank account. Set up another savings account, put minimal funds in it, and use that one.

2) Use your credit card to pay for purchases. Paypal HATES it ('cos they make almost nothing on the transaction), and makes you jump though a couple of hoops to use it, but if you have a problem with a purchase, call your credit card company and wham, paypal is debited and your credited until the charge is resolved at the credit card company end. And, remove your cash balance back to your minimal back account before paying with a credit card, 'cos paypal will use it first, then the balance to the card.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:25 PM
C10
Tech Initiate

I hope this tells everyone to beware of paypal..
Old 12-21-2005, 05:45 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I agree with you completely!! Paypal is becoming a money making scam too. But you know what the real problem is?? The very root of the problem??

Here it is------The REAL problem is that we have soooo many people that are liars and thieves in this great country of ours. These people have no morals or character, they don't mind at all about lieing about what they are selling you, or even worse, getting something they bought that was as described and either deciding that they just don't want it, or take it out and tear the crap out of it and want their money back. Again, nothing but another form of liars and thieves.
Paypal is a joke, you're right, but they wouldn't have to have the policies they do, if we didn't have all the people that would steal anything from anybody----just because they don't care about anybody but themselves.....
Just my 2 cents worth....Oh and by the way, I changed my mind...can I get my 2 cents back now?? This really wasn't worth it...lol.

Brad

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 12-22-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:49 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Here's a perfect little example----Maybe this is why your thread here got my attention so much. I guess I was already irritated!!!...lol

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...80#post2015580
Old 12-21-2005, 05:56 PM
C10
Tech Initiate

Yea you are right most ppl are lairs anymore about what they are selling to ppl... It is a joke anymore to trust someone..

Allan
Old 12-21-2005, 06:47 PM
C10
Tech Initiate

Bump
Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 AM
C10
Tech Initiate

PayPal Won't Do That To Me

Are You Sure? After all, there are thousands of detailed horror stories posted all over the web about people being Robbed, Abused, Unfairly Treated, Lied To And Scammed By Paypal. If you don't believe it, just type in (PayPal froze my account) into any major search engine. You'll discover thousands of businesses that were ruined by PayPal (And these are only the ones that decided to post their stories online.)
Old 12-22-2005, 08:27 AM
C10
Tech Initiate

Please take you time and read from the web site..It is well worth it..http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
Old 12-22-2005, 08:46 AM
C10
Tech Initiate

Here alittle more:

Ebay is by far the most popular online auction site in the world.

Unfortunately with online auctions accounting for the vast majority of online fraud, ebay has become a home, not only to the honest trader, but to thousands of online theives and scam artists as well.

The following articles are not provided to discourage users from using ebay.com
Instead these articles are meant to keep internet users aware of the various scams present, and will hopefully prevent readers from falling victim to these scams.
The Latest Ebay Scams:
Western Union Scam
The Free Item Scam
The Wholesale List Scam
The Picture Only Scam *New*
Other Common Ebay Scams:
Triangulation
The "Buy and Switch"
Page Jacking
Overpricing Shipping & Handling
Fake/Shill Auctions
Item Misrepresentation
Failure to Pay Scam
Item Never Received Scam
Shill Feedback/Feedback Scams
Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I'm no big fan of PayPal (and take my money out right away, use credit card for ALL my purchases there), but the company who's created the site you link to has a DEFINITE axe to grind...they sell merchant credit card services. What a surprise. That's like Chevy hosting a site where everybody who has a grievance against Ford and Chrysler (founded or unfounded) can post annonymously. Or, worse yet, post "grievances" that they've made up themselves.

I spent MANY years peripherally involved in financial services and guess what...most people's problems related to such things (note MOST, not ALL) are of their own making. Easy to say "PayPal ruined my business" when you were really failing anyway and that one disputed charge meant you couldn't pay the internet bill that month. Beats taking responsibility "I gave it a shot but didn't make it."

fwiw,

Scottrik
Old 12-22-2005, 11:15 AM
C10
Tech Initiate

Yes it is some ppl's fault, but way things are now day's most of them a rip offs and scamers
Old 12-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The only thing I disagree with you about is PayPal can go into your checking/savings account and take money -- I really don't think they can, and here is part of the User Agreement -- which states:

" Even if the buyer’s claim is justified, the buyer will receive a recovery only if there are funds in the seller’s account " Only what is in the PayPal account -- NOT checking/savings account

That being said, I always use a credit card for payments -- it is another layer of security.

Here is the buyer complaint policy from the user agreement (which I quoted above)
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...plaint-outside
Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C10
Yes it is some ppl's fault, but way things are now day's most of them a rip offs and scamers
Sorry my friend, it's MOST people's fault. There are rip-off's and scams out there, but they are FAR and away the minority.

Scottrik
Old 12-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Having had some 'issues' with Paypal/eBay in the past I think they're not uber evil or anything. Not to stir up trouble but why did you start this thread? Giving info or did you get burned somehow?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Old thread, but I agree with it and I was bored. I use Money Orders only and if in person cash and check to see if the bills are real before the party leaving.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.