Wiki Posts
Search

DO NOT DEAL WITH mountaindr3wz

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default DO NOT DEAL WITH mountaindr3wz

I sold a fantom dyno and laptop to this guy and he wanted it mailed ASAP (for a science project)so I shipped it 2 day delivery to cali($52) he gets it and says the laptop doesnt work... I tried to explain how to turn it on and he assured me he is doing it right.. Well he wants to return it and I agree. (even though I KNEW the laptop worked great when I sent it to him)

I get it back today and it turns right on NO PROBLEMS. SO now I am out a TON of money just shipping that thing and now paying him what he payed me..

Steer clear of this dude

I took this picture today... Looks like the laptop is working to me??
Attached Thumbnails DO NOT DEAL WITH mountaindr3wz-11-18-05_1452.jpg  
Old 11-19-2005, 06:59 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

This is why you don't refund the money until THEY have shipped it back to you, and YOU have checked it yourself, and THEY have sent the money to ship it back to them if it does indeed work like you knew it did...

Sorry to hear about your deal dude....sounds like another con-artist may have scammed you...sorry!

I've got a similar situation going on with a charger I sold on here..He wants his money back BEFORE he ships it back to me so I can see if it doesn't work like he says...Hmmmm, Sounds a little fishy to me...

Anyway, I'll put this guy on my possible caution list too...

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 11-19-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My guess is that he used it for his "science fair project" then didn't need it anymore so claimed that it didn't work and had it sent back to you. It sucks man.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:02 AM

Something strange is going on!!! He's trying to trade for one now....hmmmm..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84252
Old 11-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sorry about the deal. but you can ask many different people even my friend who knows about computers. do not think i am trying to scam anyone i can even show you a picture of my science notebook that i need a dyno and procedure. i can send you pics of my science project notebook XrayFk and WYLDTHING if you want so you dont have to give other buyers of horrible sense that i am a bad buyer. i would get the dyno package again since its so hard to get one these days but its about my dad that he doesnt want to get it back. ill talk about this with my dad tonight. if i can get it back ill even pay for shipping shoot if i have to with my own money. $52 with 300 insured.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 AM

sorry about the deal. but you can ask many different people even my friend who knows about computers. do not think i am trying to scam anyone i can even show you a picture of my science notebook that i need a dyno and procedure. i can send you pics of my science project notebook XrayFk and WYLDTHING if you want so you dont have to give other buyers of horrible sense that i am a bad buyer. i would get the dyno package again since its so hard to get one these days but its about my dad that he doesnt want to get it back. ill talk about this with my dad tonight. if i can get it back ill even pay for shipping shoot if i have to with my own money. $52 with 300 insured.
First off, you don't have to prove anything to me, I'm just a guy that does some buying and selling on here that tries to keep up with what's going on in the feedback column so I can try to keep from getting ripped off.
Secondly, I just gave some advice to the seller of how he may better handle a situation like this in the future. I don't know that anyone is doubting that you need/needed this for a project or whatever, but we all know how people buy stuff and then find it at a better deal, or use it then don't want it anymore, or just decide they don't want it period. I think that's what people (or at least me) are suspecting in this case because it happens all the time now.
The stand-up thing to do is buy it back and pay the extra shipping as well. It seems strange that NOW your dad doesn't want it, and it makes me, and maybe others, wonder if you bought it the first time and your dad didn't want it then too, so you found a way to send it back and get your money back.
I have never dealt with you or the seller in this case, so I don't know either of you. I can only go off of what has been said, and the evidence provided to make my own decision about the deal, and right now----the seller is stuck with his WORKING laptop and dyno back that he sold to you, AND, he is out shipping and handling fees as well (which, by the way, I would've never refunded to begin with).
So, at the VERY LEAST, if you aren't going to buy it back, you should refund him ALL the shipping fees he has incurred in my opinion. But that's just my 2 cents....

Brad
Old 11-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yup my thoughts exactly. I took it straight out of the box and plugged it up and turned it on.. It came right on!!!!! I used it friday night at the oval races just to make sure it worked.. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.. Matter of fact it helped me find the motor I tq'd and WON with! LOL

My wife is supposed to send the m/o out this morning. I just about took the money I spent on shipping out of the refund m/o..

Here is an email I recieved over the weekend from the buyer..

Mr. Fleming,
I agree with you that the laptop was not turned on. Like we told you, when we tried the screen did not even came on. We were pushing the proper power button like you have it on the picture.
Please send the money order to: (adress removed)

We are frustrated as you are. We all spent time and money for nothing and Andrew's science project has been delayed.

Thank you,
Old 11-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i aready bought one thanks off of ebay for about the same price.