Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[[Soviet]] - Great Seller!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default [[Soviet]] - Great Seller!

Soviet's a great seller! Quick response to posts/PM's/Emails, shipped immediately, packaged well... Thumbs up!! Good job, Soviet!

Here's the deal thread in for sale: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89941

The entire transaction went smoothly. Negotiated deal Wednesday, paid Wednesday night, shipped Thursday, got the package Saturday (today)...

I just opened it, and snapped a few shots while I was at it... Will look into it and see what's there later tonight!

Old 11-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Enjoy the cars!

I also hope you liked the extra tools. If your friend doesn't have a set, they would be great for him. Packing it was a bit of a puzzle, however once I thought to collapse the cars it all fell into place.

Again Ken, great doing business with you. If you're ever selling anything, PM me first!

-Sean K.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

BTW. A few of the RPM Ballcups are a bit worn and scratched on the FT-TC4. I included some new ones in the FT-bag for ya. Should be enough to re-do the car.

-Sean
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Sean,

Yeah.. I saw the set of tools! Thanks!

I haven't really played with anything yet, as I was out for most of the evening... I'm gonna have fun messin' with it tonight.. I can't wait to get all the rest of the parts to build the car!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Sean,

For the Factory Team car, I took apart the plastic diffs and was in the process of building the metal diff when I noticed that I was missing the "t-nut." I looked in all of the bags, and it was not there... I re-built the plastic diff for now, but I'm afraid it won't stand up to the abuse of the brushless setup I've got planned...

Also, I don't have any of those extra RPM ball-cups that you mentioned... Do you also have the stock ball-cups? The RPM ball-cups are too big for the steering turnbuckle... While steering (in either direction), there is too little suspension travel... The ball-cups/turnbuckle actually hits the bottom-rear of the diff case/housing with the slightly movement of the suspension arms...

Am I missing a bag completely? I got:

1 Ziplock bag marked "Team"
1 Ziplock bag marked "Factory Team"
1 stapled bag marked "FT TC4" -- Diff stuff
1 Ziplock bag unmarked -- Tools (thanks!)
1 Ziplock bag unmarked -- 40-wt oil + Diff lube
1 stapled bag unmarked -- Springs
1 bag of tires

Let me know if you have the t-nut and ball-cups. if not, I'll just order more spare parts from Tower...

Last edited by Ken830; 11-13-2005 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ken830
Hey Sean,

For the Factory Team car, I took apart the plastic diffs and was in the process of building the metal diff when I noticed that I was missing the "t-nut." I looked in all of the bags, and it was not there... I re-built the plastic diff for now, but I'm afraid it won't stand up to the abuse of the brushless setup I've got planned...

Also, I don't have any of those extra RPM ball-cups that you mentioned... Do you also have the stock ball-cups? The RPM ball-cups are too big for the steering turnbuckle... While steering (in either direction), there is too little suspension travel... The ball-cups/turnbuckle actually hits the bottom-rear of the diff case/housing with the slightly movement of the suspension arms...

Am I missing a bag completely? I got:

1 Ziplock bag marked "Team"
1 Ziplock bag marked "Factory Team"
1 stapled bag marked "FT TC4" -- Diff stuff
1 Ziplock bag unmarked -- Tools (thanks!)
1 Ziplock bag unmarked -- 40-wt oil + Diff lube
1 stapled bag unmarked -- Springs
1 bag of tires

Let me know if you have the t-nut and ball-cups. if not, I'll just order more spare parts from Tower...

Hey Ken,

I really put alot of effort into packing up the parts for the car. However out of all the stuff, it is possible I forgot the steel diff nuts and extra ballcups. I'm paypaling $10.00 into your account for the parts I missed.

-Sean
Old 11-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Sean...

It's too late to stop you! I already see the paypment in my account... You really didn't have to... It's no biggie... The parts were just minor and wouldn't have cost that much... But sending it back to you may benefit PayPal more than either of us... So I'll accept it... (unless it costs nothing to send it back to ya...) The next time we make a deal on something, I'll surely remember your kind and generous gesture...

I'm glad this is all in the public feedback forums... Everyone here should know how great it was to buy from you. I wouldn't hesitate one bit in dealing with Soviet again... Thanks, Sean!

I'll take pics when I have the car built sometime next week...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ken830
Hey Sean...

It's too late to stop you! I already see the paypment in my account... You really didn't have to... It's no biggie... The parts were just minor and wouldn't have cost that much... But sending it back to you may benefit PayPal more than either of us... So I'll accept it... (unless it costs nothing to send it back to ya...) The next time we make a deal on something, I'll surely remember your kind and generous gesture...

I'm glad this is all in the public feedback forums... Everyone here should know how great it was to buy from you. I wouldn't hesitate one bit in dealing with Soviet again... Thanks, Sean!

I'll take pics when I have the car built sometime next week...
I find that keeping ones word and being 100% honest is the only way to fly.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

I just bought two of these at my LHS for $2 each! I'm re-building the diff tonight after work!