Wiki Posts
Search

A tip to all sellers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default A tip to all sellers

If you sell an item through usps, ups, or fedex, and you do or don't print your postage online..

Make 100% sure your item is scanned when the driver, clerk at the counter, or 3rd party drop off takes place. If they don't scan it, then tracking will never initialize.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
If you sell an item through usps, ups, or fedex, and you do or don't print your postage online..

Make 100% sure your item is scanned when the driver, clerk at the counter, or 3rd party drop off takes place. If they don't scan it, then tracking will never initialize.
Not 100% true. I've dropped off 100's of packages and it's only a small handful that don't get scanned right away. I think it depends on your post office and how good/efficient they are. Usually they'll show up in 24hrs or less. Some have taken longer. Never had one not get scanned. I did have 1 package that only got scanned at delivery. That one sucked but it still got there.

I will say this though, if the item is expensive (or a price you're not comfortable just dropping off) then definitely have scanned. You are rolling the dice on whether or not the post office scans your item.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Not 100% true. I've dropped off 100's of packages and it's only a small handful that don't get scanned right away. I think it depends on your post office and how good/efficient they are. Usually they'll show up in 24hrs or less. Some have taken longer. Never had one not get scanned. I did have 1 package that only got scanned at delivery. That one sucked but it still got there.

I will say this though, if the item is expensive (or a price you're not comfortable just dropping off) then definitely have scanned. You are rolling the dice on whether or not the post office scans your item.
I have one right now that shipped Monday to me...And still hasn't shown in the USPS system.