Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Our little friend is back.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...no-sct410.html
Old 08-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

this next post should be a good one

bummer, "pat" changed his mind and decided not to comment.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Lmao, good catch dude. The comments cracked me up lol.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ad deleted
Old 08-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by spookie
Lmao, good catch dude. The comments cracked me up lol.
I didn't catch him. Our members are the ones who deserve the credit.

Originally Posted by asc6000
Ad deleted
I saw that too, big shock to see it deleted

One a side note...The number of people who post their phone numbers This is a public forum that can be viewed by ANYONE. How can so many people not realize how incredibly STUPID it is to do that.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

Haha yea. It smelled fishy so I had to call him out.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
Ad deleted
I posted up a warning in the local craigslist to all the honest rc guys and gals about this guy. Happy to see that it is getting harder for him to get his stuff out there fishing for another person to scam.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sec1083
I posted up a warning in the local craigslist to all the honest rc guys and gals about this guy. Happy to see that it is getting harder for him to get his stuff out there fishing for another person to scam.
How would he be able to scam on craigslist if it is face to face and a cash transaction? Not saying he can't, I'm simply asking how. Also can't the local police get involved if he does it to a local citizen and they get his info? Would be nice to see this POS locked up for a while.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Type_R_Henry
How would he be able to scam on craigslist if it is face to face and a cash transaction? Not saying he can't, I'm simply asking how. Also can't the local police get involved if he does it to a local citizen and they get his info? Would be nice to see this POS locked up for a while.
I suppose its more or less buyer beware on craigslist. I posted on there just as a warning to everyone that trys to make an honest deal about the guy. It would be pretty hard for him to pull one over on someone face to face I would hope.
I was making reference to all you fine folks on the forum making it harder for him to scam someone online.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Craigslist Selling

Originally Posted by Type_R_Henry
He posts ads in other metro areas that are in same area but not real close then pull same scams.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

May be dredging up an old thread, but it's for something I never see folks doing when scammed...
He can be charged with wire fraud as he has advertised via 'wire' communications with an intent to defraud.
This is a federal law.
Seeing as this transpired across state lines, it becomes interstate, which firmly plants it in Fed territory.
Call his local FBI office and file a report. Anyone who has been scammed by this guy should do the same. Share his info among yourselves so you have all the latest known good contact info.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Problem with that Mikey is that they don't understand the value of toy cars, that's all they hear. I work very closely with a cop who I consider one of my best friends and he can not grasp the value of the toys As he calls them. Let me say he once told me about a kid getting his 4 wheeler stolen and all they were able to was take his report and hope a citizen found it abandoned, because they were not able to pull any cops from a larger investigation be it homicide or domestic violence.

It sucks that's why we have to be SO careful. Now this kid, stealing from multiple people is a special case. They probably would take the time.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

In the years I've been on here, I've never seen anyone charged with any sort of wire fraud/theft/etc.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not saying it would be easy to get them to act on it, but if several people called in on the same guy they just might do something.
At the very least, his name will be on their list.
Local PD are typically under staffed and over worked, so it's no surprise they can't do anything.
This person's activity is outside the jurisdiction of local law enforcement as it crossed state lines. Also, since he's done this several times and used multiple accounts to do so, it shows a pattern of intent. If he's doing this with RC, he's also likely doing similar with other merchandise.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DFMikey
Not saying it would be easy to get them to act on it, but if several people called in on the same guy they just might do something.
At the very least, his name will be on their list.
Local PD are typically under staffed and over worked, so it's no surprise they can't do anything.
This person's activity is outside the jurisdiction of local law enforcement as it crossed state lines. Also, since he's done this several times and used multiple accounts to do so, it shows a pattern of intent. If he's doing this with RC, he's also likely doing similar with other merchandise.
I would lower those expectation of justice and action. I have dealt with far worse than I have ever seen here with a deranged loon that went as far as threaten children with harm.

Sent all that to the local PD where he lived hoping to have some honest consequences come down the pipe. Nothing, nothing at all, I assume they put whatever report was written up into a file. But online it is the wild west, you have to look after your own and just can not expect any real help.

That is why PayPal is worth the 3%, not saying they are all knowing and perfect, but at least you can get action from them. If you do any other payment you just tossed out your paddle as you got into ____ creek. Maybe you will be OK, but you are not driving the boat any more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.