R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic
 
M3Roc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ★216★
Posts: 995
Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default

Air holes are typically, and from my experience have always been in the plastic wheel itself, not the soft rubber where it will tare or promote taring from all the bashing in your year old video. I bought a brand new pair of Summit wheels and tires for $45 so $50 for these beat up rubbers is way too much.

Im my opinion, you owe the OP a refund and more since he now has to send them back to you. Next time, describe the condition that the tires are in instead of trying to pull a quicky hoping no one will notice that they just shelled out $50 for something worth maybe $20 at best. Lastly, who cares what your friends will say about the tires, I hardly doubt that you guys sit around the fire singing kumbaya, examining the tires to see all the cuts and tares.
__________________
☆ What a wicked web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. ☆
☆ Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. ☆
☆ Life never favored weakness, Only the strong survive. ☆
M3Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #17
Tech Master
 
chadj1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,451
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I figured i'd show everyone one more pic... All you gotta do is barley rub these tires and your hans are black.. By rub I mean pick them up and move them..
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Tire Deal-picture067.jpg  
chadj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 909
Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Default

Should be mentioned that this isnt just for tires he got like $50 just in rims, some of the best beadlocks you can get for a savage to, another $20 in rings.
__________________
http://www.rcbashers.com/
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #19
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,364
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Then how about he keeps the beads if there in good shape and u refund the money for ur tires and u can resell them if you can to someone who knows the condition?

And I mean u refund a percentage u said. $20 in beads so you'd return $35 get your tires back.
__________________
RULE #1 HE WHO HAS THE LOWEST FEEDBACK SHIPS FIRST
RULE #2 ALWAYS FOLLOW RULE #1
2016 Child Truck Giveaway! Click here for details!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ters-here.html
Seether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #20
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,364
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Wait ......$55 for year old used tires, sign me up for a buyer I've got like 10 sets lol I'd Saha full refund now I see that there a year plus old.
__________________
RULE #1 HE WHO HAS THE LOWEST FEEDBACK SHIPS FIRST
RULE #2 ALWAYS FOLLOW RULE #1
2016 Child Truck Giveaway! Click here for details!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ters-here.html
Seether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Not saying you should have to fix them or anything and I feel you should get a refund or partial refund but CA glue bonds rubber like so other so a drop a ca would hold it IMO but that does not make it right... Just a suggestion if you guys don't resolve it... Witch I hope you guys can work it out.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #22
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Roc View Post
Air holes are typically, and from my experience have always been in the plastic wheel itself, not the soft rubber where it will tare or promote taring from all the bashing in your year old video. I bought a brand new pair of Summit wheels and tires for $45 so $50 for these beat up rubbers is way too much.

.


In off road tires It's very commen to punch an air hole in the middle of the tire and cover the one in the rim with a small sticker. This aids in getting water and dirt out of the tire from centrifugal force... Not saying these tires have a proper air hole tho.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #23
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
In off road tires It's very commen to punch an air hole in the middle of the tire and cover the one in the rim with a small sticker. This aids in getting water and dirt out of the tire from centrifugal force... Not saying these tires have a proper air hole tho.
+1

All of my 8th scale ebuggy tires and my 2wd 10th scale rears have holes on the outside. It is to evacuate water/dirt and help prevent ballooning. There are holes in the rim as well. The tire holes are all in the center of the tread and usually made with a leather punch (specifically so they do not tear later).
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 909
Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Default

While maybe I didnt word it to the letter(lesson learned) I figured most would want the rims and for what I was asking the tires were just a bonus, go look up the cost of the maximizers if dont believe me its what I paid for them...
$30 a pair and $20 for rock rings.
__________________
http://www.rcbashers.com/
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,908
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
While maybe I didnt word it to the letter(lesson learned) I figured most would want the rims and for what I was asking the tires were just a bonus, go look up the cost of the maximizers if dont believe me its what I paid for them...
$30 a pair and $20 for rock rings.
Lesson learned is exactly right. I suggest you work this out between the two of you.
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #26
Tech Master
 
QYKLSVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 1,886
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
Seen worse language for the record....

Why I hate selling here, for the most part just check my feedback and how long ive been here..enough said..
What in any way does that have to do with each and every transaction with a different individual? I have met people on here less than a month, and care more about the others experience than you seem to. The only way your feedback might have an impact is a trade.

In my opinion, 100+ feedback couldnt overcome the way you are handling this.
__________________
Honcho | Wroncho | JK | Venom KOS | Sprint Flux | Mike Neff FC

"HE WHO HAS LOWEST FEEDBACK, SHIPS FIRST" -hotrod87
QYKLSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 909
Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)
Default

LIke I said hes got more then the $50 in just the rims, I left the tires on more for a bonus not any extra money.
__________________
http://www.rcbashers.com/
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #28
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,908
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage03 View Post
Seen worse language for the record....

Why I hate selling here, for the most part just check my feedback and how long ive been here..enough said..
Quote:
Originally Posted by QYKLSVR View Post
What in any way does that have to do with each and every transaction with a different individual? I have met people on here less than a month, and care more about the others experience than you seem to. The only way your feedback might have an impact is a trade.

In my opinion, 100+ feedback couldnt overcome the way you are handling this.
I don't normally comment on this subject BUT..Savage03 I don't really care if you've been here since the dawn of time, you don't have a single post in ANY section of this site in the last year (that's as far back as I went) that doesn't have to do with buying/selling. I moderate this site for the benefit of it's members. You sir, to be blunt, are simply a "user" and are only here for the amount of site traffic and the fact that we don't charge any fees to buy or sell here. If you "hate selling here" that much I will gladly pack your bags and send you to eBay.

Like it or not, those are the facts.
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #29
Tech Master
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I don't normally comment on this subject BUT..Savage03 I don't really care if you've been here since the dawn of time, you don't have a single post in ANY section of this site in the last year (that's as far back as I went) that doesn't have to do with buying/selling. I moderate this site for the benefit of it's members. You sir, to be blunt, are simply a "user" and are only here for the amount of site traffic and the fact that we don't charge any fees to buy or sell here. If you "hate selling here" that much I will gladly pack your bags and send you to eBay.

Like it or not, those are the facts.

Somebody just got SERVED!!!!!

Get 'em, racer!!!!!!!!!!
harry697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
2canSAM's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: RIP Frosty, Best Dog Ever
Posts: 2,633
Trader Rating: 244 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I don't normally comment on this subject BUT..Savage03 I don't really care if you've been here since the dawn of time, you don't have a single post in ANY section of this site in the last year (that's as far back as I went) that doesn't have to do with buying/selling. I moderate this site for the benefit of it's members. You sir, to be blunt, are simply a "user" and are only here for the amount of site traffic and the fact that we don't charge any fees to buy or sell here. If you "hate selling here" that much I will gladly pack your bags and send you to eBay.

Like it or not, those are the facts.
Racer for President

Savage - Unless the deal was explicitly for Wheels and Rings only with the tires being a bonus your argument might hold water. In this case it does not look that full disclosure of the item being sold was given so I think a full refund is in order.
__________________
"Who else has DIED for you?"

Selling Terms: Shipping to confirmed addresses only, low-ballers will be ignored, and I reserve the right to refuse any offer.
2canSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:21 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net