Littlealex - be warned!

Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Littlealex - be warned!

So I purchased an Xray X10 roller in "new condition" from this guy. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...t-pan-car.html He shipped it in the very undersized box xray uses with no additional packing material and didn't seal it well. There were massive holes in the box. The roller was a box of parts basically...well what was left of it. I go through and figure out what was missing to even make this a roller, over $50 worth of parts. Some BS and a paypal claim later, he finally send me $50 so I cancel the claim.

Come to this morning, I'm finishing up the car so I can run it today. Get to the part where I mount the body and for some reason I have to mount it really far forward. Not like Xray to build a front bumper that would be too big. Sure enough its not even the stock front bumper!

You can see in the photo on his ad the front bumper included. And here is the factory xray bumper to compare. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...mper-Shims-X10

Be warned!! I got $50 for $53 and change worth of missing parts, and find out today I need a $50 front bumper. Should have just stuck with the paypal claim!

Heres the little box I received the "roller" in.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

While I can't disagree with your claim of missing parts, the front bumper is very obvious in the photos of the car for sale. Not to defend littlealex, but I am not seeing the front bumper being his fault, unless what's seen in the pictures is not what you actually got..
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

I assumed a "like new only ran once" Xray X10 was going to be a stock X10. Didn't know I needed to go through an xray parts list to double check everything I could see on the car to make sure it was from factory.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Bad deal Brandon. Hopefully you will still be able to get the car up and running to play with us though! Gotta love Xray quality and durability, but makes me cringe when you have to buy parts.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

I have it all done but the bumper, will probably just cut this one up to make it fit right. Was going to run it tonight but something come up and I wont make it early enough. Sucks because this was my last Wednesday for a couple months.