R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default Another Scammer

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49326

This is a little interesting.......if you read on UltimateRC.com and you dig through the classifieds you will find this individual has a Modded XBOX, PSP, and a Nitro Rustler that he is tring to trade for a TMAXX. If you read through the replies you will notice that demospawn's name is also listed in the replies getting upset that saying that this guy ripped him off for the XBOX. Here's what I find interseting....they live right around the corner from eachother. If you plan on doing trades or purchases from anyone in NY I would suggest that you right down the address listed in these topics so you dont have the same problem with being ripped off.....
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Someone from texas stole my aunts credit card and bought playboy and penthouse subscriptions. before you goto texas lookup names of credit card thieves and stay out of the cities they live in.
MManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default

Wow...that has no bearing on the situation at all....especially since I'm from Washington......maybe your aunt likes porn...I will keep that in mind about Texas though...
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the Atlantic ocean (maine)
Posts: 13
Default

Dude looks like you are the one we need to watch for!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your profile says you are from Texas you say something different

You dont sound like your to honest there now do you.
Oh and with only 6 post and already your info is misleading hmmmm that sounds suspicious to me (sarcasm).
Before you go flaming an entire State you should think twice about it especialy when you dont have anything other then your suspecting a scam and no real proof that one is or has taken place.
I happen to know and have dealt with many New Yorkers and havnt had any problems at all.
jabberjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
jmorrison518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

If what Demonspawn says is true (highly unlikely), he lives in Taylor, Michigan which is 6 hours from Syracuse, not really right around the corner.

You could see from the beginning (if you do ANY research, that Demonspawn was going to be trouble. Also if you look at the tracking number that Demonspawn posted, the package originated in Syracuse, and went to Taylor, MI and was signed for on April 8th. Although he did a will call to go get the package. (which is usually done to mask where your REAL address is.)
jmorrison518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default

I'm in Texas right now because of work....I'm from Washington....so theres a little info for you. As far as only 6 replies.....I only come here to look at classifieds, other than that I see no usefull info here. I dont really care if you think that I'm a scammer or not. I'm not stupid enough to trust people like you and send my stuff first. Maybe thats why I have never been ripped off.....GEE YOU THINK....Anyways I was posting trying to help people like you from getting ripped off....instead no one finds this info usefull so instead I will sit back and laugh at everyone cry about he stole my stuff.....
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #7
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jmorrison518
If what Demonspawn says is true (highly unlikely), he lives in Taylor, Michigan which is 6 hours from Syracuse, not really right around the corner.

You could see from the beginning (if you do ANY research, that Demonspawn was going to be trouble. Also if you look at the tracking number that Demonspawn posted, the package originated in Syracuse, and went to Taylor, MI and was signed for on April 8th. Although he did a will call to go get the package. (which is usually done to mask where your REAL address is.)
If you want to trust what demonspawn says you go right on ahead....
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:41 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 866
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Guys...Demonspawn is a scammer...period.
Danpatinod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 492
Default

i have no idea why you guys are acting like this.

bryanshere, was kind enough to let us know about a bad trader at another website, if you look there is another post about demonspawn. he let us know after we got scammed. i did do my research but i can not search everywhere before doing a deal. there is nothing about this guy on the other websites. i have let the moderators know about this guy before he registers there.
i was hoping the others would get a hold of us since we are filing our claims and adding each others claim numbers to our claims. even sending a postal money order and priority mail. all the information is recorded. just because one person scammed me good doesn't mean i shouldn't trust everyone here. i have had alot of good transactions here with alot of honest people.
thanks bryan for your help
bruce
baih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #10
Tech Adept
 
jmorrison518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

As far as trusting what he says...Here's a little history.

The FIRST red flag that I see originated from this post back in February...

RC Web Board

He was trying to sell "HIS" car although someone figured him out and posted that it was in fact pictures of their car. Everybody came to Demonspawns defense and the thread started to get ugly. The moderator stepped in and warned about inflammatory posts, thus pretty much killing the thread.

He then lets the heat cool for a bit, and posts stuff for sale on (at least) 5 different boards

RC Hangout

RC Groups

Ultimate RC

RC Tech

Bayside RC

The funny thing is then, he posts HERE that he is being ripped off by "dynomike" but then the tracking number that he posts shows the package that was sent from Syracuse, being delivered in Taylor MI. (But coincedentally he has to "meet" the driver) trying to cover his real address. Personally, I think Dynomike is actually demonspawn, or somebody close to him otherwise dynomike would have come on and defended himself. Also, in one of the RC-Tech threads, one of the packages sent was signed by "Mike Pander or Ponder"

Finally people start realizing that they are getting ripped off and the bad feedback begins. I have been involved in situations similar to this in the past, what needs to happen is everybody that has been ripped off by this guy need to get together and get all of the informatiuon together including the names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and ANY other pertinent information. Then once all of this information is gathered EVERYBODY needs to call their local police AS WELL as the police department(s) in the towns that the packages were delivered to. Once the name is seen several times the police departments will have no choice but to pursue the matter. The key is you have to have all of your information together BEFORE calling the police. The more information that you have, the better chance you have of prosecution, and then finally a coinviction. The last one of these that I was involved in, the individual got 90 days in jail, plus restitution. 90 days doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it is.

The 2 major laws that I can see that were broken are the following.

GL 750.535

This is just general theft. The sentencing guidelines depend on the severity of the crime as well as the amount of items (values) that were stolen.

GL 750.145

This is a bit of a stretch, but there can also be time added to the sentencing provisions, if the crime was committed using the internet.

Good Luck getting the guy, it seems more often then not these things just go away. If somebody ripped me for several hundred dollars worth of stuff, I wouldn't sleep until the person was caught.
jmorrison518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:52 PM   #11
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default

I am aware that he is a scammer.....I come to this site bringing links of scammers from other sites in hopes that it helps everyone here from having this problem. I never said DON'T TRUST ANYONE FROM NY. I looked up feedback from 2 sites from scammers and they're locations...hmmm....out of 4 scammers - 3 were from NY. All I was trying to say is that if you plan on any buisness from RC sites and they are located in NY...do some homework first. BUT...to those who don't appreciate the help from others they have to try to say something negative about the one's who are trying to help. I work right now in Texas, Im from Washington....just because you dont have a job good enough that involves travel doesn't mean that you should take it out on me. How would it look if I was trying to make a trade with you...and I gave you a Washington address to send to...but gave you a phone number from Texas....or a 2nd address from Texas. Hmmmmm...you didnt think of that did you? That is why people get ripped off. All I'm saying is that if you aren't gratefull for info passed on from others I will just keep from posting it so this can continue on. Like I said..I never get ripped off...you should be gratefull that I even care...
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #12
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jmorrison518
As far as trusting what he says...Here's a little history.

The FIRST red flag that I see originated from this post back in February...

RC Web Board

He was trying to sell "HIS" car although someone figured him out and posted that it was in fact pictures of their car. Everybody came to Demonspawns defense and the thread started to get ugly. The moderator stepped in and warned about inflammatory posts, thus pretty much killing the thread.

He then lets the heat cool for a bit, and posts stuff for sale on (at least) 5 different boards

RC Hangout

RC Groups

Ultimate RC

RC Tech

Bayside RC

The funny thing is then, he posts HERE that he is being ripped off by "dynomike" but then the tracking number that he posts shows the package that was sent from Syracuse, being delivered in Taylor MI. (But coincedentally he has to "meet" the driver) trying to cover his real address. Personally, I think Dynomike is actually demonspawn, or somebody close to him otherwise dynomike would have come on and defended himself. Also, in one of the RC-Tech threads, one of the packages sent was signed by "Mike Pander or Ponder"

Finally people start realizing that they are getting ripped off and the bad feedback begins. I have been involved in situations similar to this in the past, what needs to happen is everybody that has been ripped off by this guy need to get together and get all of the informatiuon together including the names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and ANY other pertinent information. Then once all of this information is gathered EVERYBODY needs to call their local police AS WELL as the police department(s) in the towns that the packages were delivered to. Once the name is seen several times the police departments will have no choice but to pursue the matter. The key is you have to have all of your information together BEFORE calling the police. The more information that you have, the better chance you have of prosecution, and then finally a coinviction. The last one of these that I was involved in, the individual got 90 days in jail, plus restitution. 90 days doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it is.

The 2 major laws that I can see that were broken are the following.

GL 750.535

This is just general theft. The sentencing guidelines depend on the severity of the crime as well as the amount of items (values) that were stolen.

GL 750.145

This is a bit of a stretch, but there can also be time added to the sentencing provisions, if the crime was committed using the internet.

Good Luck getting the guy, it seems more often then not these things just go away. If somebody ripped me for several hundred dollars worth of stuff, I wouldn't sleep until the person was caught.
I agree with you.....I believe that they are the same person also....that was the whole point in posting this..
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:56 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 866
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default jmorrison518

Thanks for this post...it will really help in catching this guy. I will forward this link to the IFCC. Please keep the posts coming.
Danpatinod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #14
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default

No problem....I will do whatever I can to help...
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:06 PM   #15
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jabberjaw
Dude looks like you are the one we need to watch for!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your profile says you are from Texas you say something different

You dont sound like your to honest there now do you.
Oh and with only 6 post and already your info is misleading hmmmm that sounds suspicious to me (sarcasm).
Before you go flaming an entire State you should think twice about it especialy when you dont have anything other then your suspecting a scam and no real proof that one is or has taken place.
I happen to know and have dealt with many New Yorkers and havnt had any problems at all.
Let me help you out a little....if you read carefully, I said that if you plan on doing buisness with anyone in NY you should write down THIS ADDRESS so this doesn't happen to you. Never once did I make a comment saying that you can't trust anyone in NY. Second...as for your comment about 6 posts....how many do you have? Realize the statement before you make yourself look stupid.
Bryanshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rcracerjunky is a SCAMMER! beginner4life Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 10 07-12-2008 01:25 PM
Racer34v is a SCAMMER Marc_05 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 12-10-2007 04:49 PM
TonyBAMF=SCAMMER speedracer1129 Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 0 09-02-2007 05:00 PM
Is DCS a Scammer? Intotheblade Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum 26 05-02-2007 10:54 AM
a scammer needs to be banned tmaxxking R/C Tech Site Forum 6 10-27-2006 11:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net