>>** A WARNING FOR ALL ** <<

Old 02-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default >>** A WARNING FOR ALL ** <<

Before you read the rest of the story, I will say that this is completely my fault and I should have known better.

A week or so back, 1/28/13 to be precise, I made a trade with Xtreme187. The trade was a 1/10th Revo with parts for a Dell laptop. I sent him an offer and he accepted it. During our conversations through PM's, he made it clear that he was not interested in shipping first because "I was new" to these forums. Here is the message he sent me.

"I am interested but i dont feel comfortable shipping first to such a new member with no feedback. I know that you say you have feedback elsewhere but we are dealing on this site and the unwritten rules are those with the lowest feedback ship first in a trade. I had to do it when I first joined this site. If we cant get past that then I suggest we not deal with each other. Its all up to you.

J
"

After this message, my thought was that hes a good guy who doesn't want to get ripped. I figured that if I really wanted this truck, I would really have no choice. I explained to him that I did not feel comfortable doing so but that I would bite the bullet regardless. That was my first mistake.

I shipped out the laptop to him first as we agreed. Here is the Delivery Conf number from USPS.com showing that it was delivered with signature confirmation: 2306 3250 0000 0172 9640

After he received the laptop, he did confirm it with me. He claimed that he was going to ship out the next day. Two days later, I asked him if he had shipped and he claims that he "forgot something in storage" and that he would ship out the next day as well as provide me with a tracking number. Ok that's fine I thought.

Almost an entire week later, I still have no Revo, no tracking number and no laptop. I have sent him multiple messages through his PM. I have received zero responses. I know he has seen my messages because all week hes been on making deals on here and buying things. I can see all his recent activity through his account.

I am the last person who wants to take anyone for a walk and Ive always gone above and beyond to give people the best experience. Not only did he get my laptop with a relatively new Intel SSD hard drive, he also got a brand new wireless mouse, a carry case and all the extra DP cables I had for that laptop. I was really excited about the Revo and really wanted to help him out as well. I don't have a job right now so giving away my laptop was a big deal for me. It really makes me sick to my stomach not so much that im without a laptop but that he made himself seem like this outstanding gentleman who was going to "hook me up" and yet here I am today telling everyone here that you can't believe everything people tell you.

Its truly too bad that this had to happen. In my perspective, I will never trust another trader here again. I stepped out on the ledge in good faith and this guy just pushed me off so here is my final peace offer.

Im still holding out hope that this is all just a big misunderstanding and that sooner or later, A revo will show up at my door. However, if you don't get in touch with me soon and fill me in about what's going on, I will plaster ALL your information on ALL the forums you visit including here. I don't want to go through this process and I don't want there to be issues like this but it is what it is.

These things do happen and its a brisk snap back to reality that not all people may be who they claim to be.

Last edited by M3Roc; 02-08-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I moved this to the correct area. You have to give us a username. How can we be warned with no username? Also pm him with a link to let him know you are making it public. Usually we'll get a response if he is a stand up guy, and if there is more to the story...
Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

I edited the above OP to include his tag, Xtreme187.. Life happens and sometimes misunderstandings happen also.

Thanks for moving the thread, I must have missed this forum.

Last edited by M3Roc; 02-08-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you see him still doing deals you should provide his name. He hasn't provided a tracking number in a week...right there is a major flag. He's not responding to PM's and you know he's been on...another flag. You haven't received your car.....post his name!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

yes please do... by providing his name you make others aware of this guy and no one else can get screwed over,.... i just bought stuff on here and i hope that everyone i deal with is a stand up guy..... everyone needs to know his name.... so do the right thing and post his name...you could just save someone else from getting ripped off by him
Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hi def man
yes please do... by providing his name you make others aware of this guy and no one else can get screwed over,.... i just bought stuff on here and i hope that everyone i deal with is a stand up guy..... everyone needs to know his name.... so do the right thing and post his name...you could just save someone else from getting ripped off by him
The last sentence pretty much sums it up.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Well I really wanted to give the guy a chance and I did send him a link to his PM with no response so far.

Im really still holding out that this is all just a big misunderstanding and that he really is the upstanding guy he claims to be. I guess now that his name is out there, I hope that he will come forward and vindicate himself.

Last edited by M3Roc; 02-08-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

There's no reason to hold back a user name. If they're legit things will work out and life goes on. If they're not, well..we know what that looks like.

Posting a user name, it's not a death sentence.......not all the time anyway.

And I sent him a link to this thread
Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i sent out links to anyone he has been dealing with too... lets get the word out about this guy... i cant stand for stuff like this....
Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

He is still actively buying and selling on the forums. That bit is a little scary...usually they disappear or come back with a new user name.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I went to a few of his newer threads and gave him a little reminder.

I can't stand when people do this. He needs to send you your stuff, or send your laptop back.

This to me is the worst kind of scamming, not only are you out shipping, but also your stuff that you paid hard earned money for.

Sorry OP for your loss, man that really sucks. I would almost look the other way if a accident involving a ballbat and his kneecap happen to arise....
Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

One of the big reasons I dont do trades anymore. Id rather sell what i have and then use that cash to pay for what it is that I want. At least when you pay someone via paypal you get buyer protection. Ive been ripped off once before in a trade and i said never again...
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Here is his Email he posted OP, maybe try that?

[email protected]
Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I would contact HIS local Police Department. You have his info. since you shipped to him.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

I definitely appreciate all the help here. Even if he did do this with full intent, it would still be a long stretch for me to go out on the limb and call him an outright scumbag, even though I may have in my fit of anger. I know I haven't been the best at times and im guilty of leaving that sour taste after something Ive done.

Ive thought about the options available to me and truth be told, this guy doesn't know my background nor what I do for a living. In other words, Its not a smart thing to rip off random people who have too many resources and too much time. None the less, I'm not that kind of guy. He claims to be a father of two little girls and if that holds any water, I don't want to have that guilty feeling on my conscious. I understand that people run into hard times and often resort to cruel tactics. Here is another PM he sent me making it clear about how "ripping me off for a laptop is not high on his list of things to do"

Originally Posted by Xtreme187
Originally Posted by M3Roc
Its no worries. I was just worried that I pissed you off, I didn't want you to think I was insisting that you ship first. At any rate. I'm going to check tonight if I can find a suitable box to pack up the laptop, carry case and mouse. From you, I will need a shipping address. I'm a little skeptical about sending first but im willing to go out on the limb here and ship it to you first since my feedback is fairly low. You can send me a message here or you can call or text me at 585-***-**** if you prefer. Again my name is Oleg.
Oh no. You did no such thing as far as pissing me off. It takes a lot to get me upset. I understand your worries about your leap of faith. I have been in your shoes and it is a scary feeling. But rest assured that I am a straight shooter. I'm 38 yrs old a father of twins and own 3 shops so scamming someone for a laptop isn't high on my list of things to do in life. Here is my shipping address. I will need yours to so I can get it all ready to go as soon as your item gets here.

Reaper Racing R/C
Attn:....

P.S. I am going to throw in any and all extras I can find along with a special gift from me to you.
I guess in the end im still very curious what that "gift" is that he was referring to. I wounder if it was a learning experience that he had in mind?

I appreciate everyone's effort to right this. Sometimes the persuasion of a small army forces surrender and sometimes it just causes the rabbit to go into hiding. In time we will see what kind of a man he really is.

Last edited by racer1812; 02-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.