Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bmerc
The receiver is worth $50 easy
Refunded $30 for receiver.
WTF?

Was this something agreed to by the Buyer? Man, I thought originally something simply fell through the crack. I don't think that now.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I got the refund...no hard feelings on my part...just wanted what was right to happen.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

It's very simple, when I lowered the price to $199, I edited the listing stating the receiver was not included. Maybe you guys can't read! I've been a member of this site for a long time, probably much longer then most of you. This is why I don't like selling things on this site, because I have to deal with a bunch of wieners! I'll send the stupid receiver so that everyone is happy! It's really not that big of deal. In my opinion, the buyer got a really good deal on a radio that was just as described, in mint condition and I even bet that the buyer will attest to that! The receiver is worth $50 easy, so If it will shut everyone up, I guess I'll have to eat it. At this point, it doesn't matter if I'm wrong or right and I could care less what any of you think!
Well, I like buying/selling/trading on here, and have also been on here for quite some time. I didn't see where the posting was edited to show the receiver was not included

Glad to see you did the right thing, but for everyone that has seen this thread, my guess is your reputation as a seller is now questionable.

To the buyer, I would hope that the feedback left is neutral, with an explanation or a link to this thread.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am planning on not leaving any feedback...if I do it would be positive now that he has made it right.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheRockman
I am planning on not leaving any feedback...if I do it would be positive now that he has made it right.
Well glad it worked out for you this time. Hope the next person is as lucky, especially since his feedback won't reflect any of these issues.

I find it amusing he states the rx is worth at least $50 but only refunded $30.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Yep, this sounds like a positive experience to me

I can get no response from him now so I am leaving negative feedback...will chalk this up as a lesson on who not to deal with (as you all should) and going to buy a receiver.

Anybody got a good inexpensive Spektrum receiver????
Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by badaml
Well, I like buying/selling/trading on here, and have also been on here for quite some time. I didn't see where the posting was edited to show the receiver was not included

Glad to see you did the right thing, but for everyone that has seen this thread, my guess is your reputation as a seller is now questionable.

To the buyer, I would hope that the feedback left is neutral, with an explanation or a link to this thread.
^^^^+1
He only made it right because you started a thread, got 2 MODS involved, & 100% of the people posted on your thread agree with you!!!
Otherwise, he would have screwed you over.
Like BADAML said, neutral at best with a link to this thread.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
^^^^+1
He only made it right because you started a thread, got 2 MODS involved, & 100% of the people posted on your thread agree with you!!!
Otherwise, he would have screwed you over.
Like BADAML said, neutral at best with a link to this thread.
Agreed, neutral with link to thread. Feedback is only good if we use it completely.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's very simple, when I lowered the price to $199, I edited the listing stating the receiver was not included. Maybe you guys can't read! I've been a member of this site for a long time, probably much longer then most of you. This is why I don't like selling things on this site, because I have to deal with a bunch of wieners! I'll send the stupid receiver so that everyone is happy! It's really not that big of deal. In my opinion, the buyer got a really good deal on a radio that was just as described, in mint condition and I even bet that the buyer will attest to that! The receiver is worth $50 easy, so If it will shut everyone up, I guess I'll have to eat it. At this point, it doesn't matter if I'm wrong or right and I could care less what any of you think!
That's a bold faced LIE!

to leave you anything but negative feedback would be wrong!! I don't care if you refunded 30 bucks or not.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
That's a bold faced LIE!

to leave you anything but negative feedback would be wrong!! I don't care if you refunded 30 bucks or not.
Thank you Racer.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

To the OP:

If you do not leave the proper feedback here you are doing the whole forum a disservice. The trader rating is there for a reason, it's what helped you to decide to buy the radio from the seller in the first place. Not leaving feedback is worse than leaving a negative or neutral in this case. You need to tell others what happened. The guy is a liar and he should be outed as one.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catogtp
To the OP:

If you do not leave the proper feedback here you are doing the whole forum a disservice. The trader rating is there for a reason, it's what helped you to decide to buy the radio from the seller in the first place. Not leaving feedback is worse than leaving a negative or neutral in this case. You need to tell others what happened. The guy is a liar and he should be outed as one.
Well said.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
That's a bold faced LIE!

I think I would have leaned towards neutral as well, but now that the lies are coming out, and the partial refund happened only due to the pressure of the commuity...

Not leaving feedback is the worst option though.

It worries me, as someone with 1k posts and 29+ feedback is someone I would normally trust without question. Similar stats to myself and I hope people trust me...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I honestly think that he meant to change his post but he did not...he then got caught with his pants down so to speak and wouldn't own up. He has like you said a 1000 posts and a 100% positive feedback rating. His only mistake I believe was not owning up...I truly do not think he was trying to screw anybody.

This is just my own opinion...if racer1812 believes I should leave negative feedback I will...let me know.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Exclamation

1.The facts are that the seller said that he DID change it, even after it was shown that he did not.
2. He could have said, "my goof, the receiver is NOT included" in his post or in a PM to you. Instead he chose to say "maybe you guys can't read". And completely LIED about the whole matter at that!!
3. I believe the above quote is a testament of the sellers attitude on the whole matter.
4. I'm thinking your worried that the SELLER is going to leave you retalitory feedback if you leave him a negative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.