Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Mini 8ight to pieces??? You Make the Call >

Mini 8ight to pieces??? You Make the Call

Mini 8ight to pieces??? You Make the Call

Old 11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Angry Mini 8ight to pieces??? You Make the Call

Here is what i sold Sarinexia (tech master) Mini 8ight loaded that ran just fine when it left my house.

Then Sarinexia contacted me a week later saying that i need to refund him 80 bucks because of a front impact to the car. Said that he could not get the metal hex off of the axle and that i needed to pay for a new aluminum spindle, new cv axles, new aluminum hexes, and new bearings. Went on to say that the hex is seized onto the axle and that he could not remove it. he also said that the pin was severed in the hex. Also said the bearing were bad and had to be replaced.

I thought well the car ran fine when i had it but is what he is saying possible? Of course it is but If he cant get the hex off how does he know the bearing bad and how does he know that the pin is severed inside the hex?????????????????

We went back and forth for a day and finally we agreed on half 40 bucks. but little did i know instead of him canceling the case that he opened on paypal he called them and pretty much threw me under the bus. I told him even before we agreed to the 40 that he could send it back for a full refund but he really didnt want to do that because little did i know he had already made a bunch of changes to the car and cut the hex off of the axle and destoryed the spindle, hex, bearings, and axle. this was all done prior to even contacting me about any problems.

here is what it looked like before

COME ON this guy was wanting me to pay 80 bucks after doing this to it. This looked like a rookie move.

So now he has lied to me and has went back on an agreed settlement of 40 and why i will never understand. So i told paypal the same thing i told him that i would take the car back as long as it was in the same condition that i sent it to him.
This is how it was returned to me

And here is the quote from a well known hobbyshop.

There was pieces missing and some damaged. PayPal refunded his money i of course appealed it and won. But the thing about it is that PayPal will always side with the buyer(credit card company) so instead of making him pay for the damages PayPal paid me out of their own pocket. Really i could care less about the money or the car. I think we could all agree that in anything we do we need to keep a code of ethics and moral value for ourselves. I feel as if i did everything right but i would like to hear what my fellow members feel on this deal gone wrong and i invite Sarinexia to tell his side.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

I would even be willing to take a poll and he wins i send him the mini back for free. So he would be getting a free mini or whats left of it. but if i win he pays me a dollar amount that you guys come up with. So if you like the idea pass this on to fellow members.

........Better yet to whom ever gets the most votes the other party most buy the winner a new mini 8ight.

Last edited by MrgGoo; 11-04-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The least I would say he should be forced into paying you for the parts to get it back to the condition that you sent it to him in. He obviously took the car apart and sent it back to you dissasembled and that is just not right. Sounds like I know someone who ill never being doing business with.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow gnarly. I would have just told him bearings are disposable items, and need to be replaced as they go bad.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

not only was it disassembled he also kept parts because i sent all the original parts too. It would cost over 200 dollars to get the car back to its original condition and for all the parts that were missing from the extras that i sent along with the car.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrgGoo
not only was it disassembled he also kept parts because i sent all the original parts too. It would cost over 200 dollars to get the car back to its original condition and for all the parts that were missing from the extras that i sent along with the car.
WOW... total nightmare for you. At least the box wasn't empty that came back to you. But it still is a terrible situation.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

what a jerk!

i sold a motor on craigslist and the guy contacted me 3 weeks later that it doesnt work and he wants money back...
Old 11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

From the looks of the pics before you sent it to him, it was a Brand New Mini 8ight.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

I will admit that i ran it twice on our indoor track and once on our outdoor track that why i thought it was possible that the car took a front impact like he said and thats the only reason i agreed to do half of what he was asking for 40 of the 80 dollars. However his approach to trying to get the hex off was very destructive and i feel that most of us on here could have removed the hex without cutting it in half. especially if the rubber retaining ring is removed before we go pulling on the hex and spindle trying to get them apart without removing the pin first.
Here is his picture that he took before he cut the hex in half

as you can see there are marks that indicate that he was pulling on the hex and the spindle
here when he cut it in half you can still see what was left of the pin.

with the pin still through the axle and the hex the hex can not be removed
here is the proper removal of a aluminum hex from an axle.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What an A-Hole. Looks like he sold some screws on here from the Mini 8ight as well. Just search his posts.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

yea its not the only thing you find if you search your posts
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

So this evening will take a poll that will give him time to tell his side and for you guys to let others know. I will post the poll in the trader feedback section and the person that has the most votes wins.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Well, I suppose this fool isn't going to let this go and would like to make this public, so allow me to retort, because as everyone knows, there are 2 sides of the story, and here comes my side:

First of all --- lets comment on the "screws" being sold.

So there's that squashed. I bought all of those screws with my own money along with a crap load of other hop up's I have had to sell off (like RCmorgan540 said .... search my other posts)

Next --- lets discuss this entire "spindle" issue. First --- this guy shipped me the car a week after I paid for it. I suppose "work" got in the way or something. If need be, I'll expose him with that PM. Then once I received the car I got to it only 3 days after I received it to do an inspection and here's what I find:

As I'm looking to regrease the front diff, I see the front shock tower is bent & the eyelet on the top of the gear box is broken. Eh... whatever. No big deal. Then, the back side of the motor can pops off when I was moving the car around unscrewing the front diff from the chassis. Eh, again, no big deal. I'll glue it if need be. --------- then, after the diffs are serviced, the shocks are refilled with new fluid I go to do a bench test and before I even power up the car I notice the front left wheel is literally seized. This is where it gets interesting.......

I take the wheel off and I notice the hex nut does not have the rubber ring around it. hmm.... I also noticed it was slightly compressed into the spindle. So, naturally, I tried to poke out the hinge pin holding the hex onto the axle. Wouldn't budge. So --- I contact the seller. What's he do? Start claiming up and down he didn't do it. I told him that I itemized out all the damage in the car -- the shock tower, the gear box, everything. It was only $78.00 in damage. Now, while I understand things on RCT are used --- that's great. However, he clearly advertised this car as "new" in his for sale thread. Everything NEW but the chassis. And ---- he sold me the car for a price like it should have been new for $350.00. Wouldn't you like a refund to fix broken parts that were concealed in the sale?

He instructs me to take a pair of pliers to pull it off. I try. It won't budge. He then redefends himself saying he didn't do it. Yeah... sure. In order to properly diagnose the problem I had to take a hack saw to the damn thing, and guess what I found???

Since he likes the word "Rookie" --- I'll go ahead and use that. This "Rookie" didn't even have a bearing in the spindle!!! So*CalAFdude ---- I agree, bearings go bad -- but how do you feel about a car that didn't even have one in the spindle, and as a result of trying to drive it the hex actually works its way into the spindle????

Even after all this, I offer him an easy way out. He offer's a lame $40.00... and know what? I was so sick of fighting I was just going to say to hell with it and take it, however, once I put the car under power, WHOOPS!!!! Not only did this guy sell me a car involved in a front end collision, he sells me a dead LiPo!!! After that, I was done, asked for a full refund, and submitted 24 pages of evidence that supported my case. This car was returned in BETTER condition than what I received it. I did all the diagnostics -- found everything wrong, and I did such under the instruction of the seller, so spare me the crying it coming back in pieces. 14 hours I put into this car which shouldn't have needed to be done based on his description.

Know what else? Why is this guy complaining? He sent me a message this morning BRAGGING, yes bragging about having a $300.00 appeal granted in HIS favor, AND having the car in his possession. Folks -- all I did was get my money back for an item that was no where near as described. This guy got his car back, THEN stole $300.00 from paypal ----------------- so riddle me this

Why in the hell are you on here trying to make a spectacle of yourself when you not only have the car in your possession, but also scammed PP out of $300.00???

I also have a message from this dude practically laughing at me because he bought the car for $250.00, then flips it to me for $350.00. While I'm not against someone making money on a flip, I am against someone passing something as new when:

a. It's clearly not
b. has broken parts

And then he tries and fight me on it.......................

Now that's rich. You guys can think what you will --- but all I'm doing is sitting here with a refund and a lot of time lost, and he's sitting there with the car + $300.00 + he'll probably try to resell it.

Oh, and btw, --- he just purchased a membership to RCT to look more "legit". Anyone with some sense can see right though your B.S. man. Give it a rest. You cost me my time, you took paypal on $300.00 you shouldn't have, and you're going to resell the car.

Get a life dude. Moderator ---- this thread in my humble opinion should be closed.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow .. this story is even better now.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally saw this car run prior to it being placed in the box for shipping and as you can see in the before pics, nothing was wrong with it. It was a fully loaded Mini 8ight in pristine condition.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.