R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum

Old 09-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

how is he going to get something for free if its already been paid?

note to self...don't buy/sell anything to LosiRick
Tran901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default +1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran901 View Post

+1000 to you as well as racer1812, one for the dont sell to list for sure.
TZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:

He's probably saying that the PayPal claim would give him his money back. Kinda dumb, if that happens just don't ship the item out. I'd be hot if someone wanted men to wait 3-10 to SHIP when the have the money instantly.

Thornhill RC
Devigili22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I'm curious as to the reason to wait for PP to transfer to your bank account? Is it to try and keep PP from taking the money back if the seller files a claim for the item not being as described when he receives it? Thats the only reason I can come up with. Seems really fishy on the OP's part. I wouldn't want to deal with him. As soon as I have confirmation someone has paid through PP I ship the item. Heck I've been at the post office before waiting for email notice on my phone and shipped within minutes of being paid by PP.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
I'm curious as to the reason to wait for PP to transfer to your bank account? Is it to try and keep PP from taking the money back if the seller files a claim for the item not being as described when he receives it? Thats the only reason I can come up with. Seems really fishy on the OP's part. I wouldn't want to deal with him. As soon as I have confirmation someone has paid through PP I ship the item.
That was my first thought as well.
catogtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #21
Tech Master

Even though you have transferred the money, can't Pp still get the money back??
Old 09-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Even though you have transferred the money, can't Pp still get the money back??
If you mean the seller transferring the money to their bank account, yes if you have a linked account Paypal can deduct from that account if a dispute is made and the seller looses. That is assuming there is money in the account and it remains linked. Scammers will transfer money to an account, then withdraw it or unlink the account. Paypal has no recourse then.

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #23
Tech Master

thats what i thought....sounds about right...

where is LosiRick now?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice

Paypal almost always side with the buyer hence is probably the reason OP took the measures to "secure" the funds by transferring to his bank acct. However, it is a bad move to make a guy wait an unreasonable amount of time when he's already paid. You should send the item at the earliest convenience. A lot of people make the "I have a life/work excuse" to not ship ASAP. If you can't do it, find someone that CAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
If you mean the seller transferring the money to their bank account, yes if you have a linked account Paypal can deduct from that account if a dispute is made and the seller looses. That is assuming there is money in the account and it remains linked. Scammers will transfer money to an account, then withdraw it or unlink the account. Paypal has no recourse then.
I don't believe paypay will access a person's bank account without it being authorized by that user. The Goverment on the other hand . They can however put a negative balance on your account (if 0 balance) to reflect the refunded amount and then freeze your account in the process. When you receive a payment through that account, it is immediately applied to that negative balance.
csb510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

When you sign up for paypal and link your checking account you are giving PP permission to access it. Read the TOS. They can withdrawl money from your account. Whether they can overdraw your account I'm not sure. My guess is they can, just like if you buy something or write a check without enough funds. You are still responsible for it and generally the bank will cover it and then come to you for the money.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:52 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I agree with everyone else, OP. You have his money, you should ship right away. Not good business.

PayPal can still get the money. If you unlink or otherwise change your account to prevent it, they will simply put a negative balance on your account until you put the money back. They used to not do that.
LaTuFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
Suspended

Why does it matter to you latufu? is it your money? What do you do troll the feedback forum all day and stick your nose in everyones biz? do you even own a rc automobile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
I agree with everyone else, OP. You have his money, you should ship right away. Not good business.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losirick View Post
do not ever sell anything to BANGN1 he has filed a complaint with paypal against me before i even got the money I told him in PM that i would ship as soon as the money was in BANK account not paypal account it takes 3-4 days for paypal to transfer funds to bank. He is a true jerk trying to get something for nothing and apparently only able to read what he wants too
Paypal was sent on sunday and he files a complaint on tuesday I guess he thinks the world should stop whenever he wants something
you are a BAD seller. i always ship soon as PayPal clears. why should he have to wait? until it clears your bank? i bought from you and you did this to me i would file the claim also. he is not trying to get something for free he wants his item shipped he paid for. sounds like your trying to keep his item, wait until the money clears your bank? lmao.... i would file on you too.you shuold have never posted what you did. makes you look really bad.
as stated by all the other replies why should the BUYER wait until the money clears your bank>? if you know anything about PayPal you would have the mastercard ATM card from paypal with a pin to hit the ATM machine to get your money out -a small 1$ or 2$ fee.i leave my money in paypal incase i need it for something i use my PayPal debt card. reason you might be doing this becuase you sold something broken or busted or abused.and if he files a claim you alread have his money. this makes bad as the SCAMMERS ON THIS FORUM...

IT SHOULD NOT SAY THIS BANGIN1 is trying to get something for free<--WRONG topic.
IT SHOULD SAY LOSIRICK is trying to get MONEY for free <--CORRECT topic. the buyer wait until it clears your bank LMAO!! now i see why you have 80% feedback.

Last edited by Graphite07; 10-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Graphite07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldozer69 View Post
Why does it matter to you latufu? is it your money? What do you do troll the feedback forum all day and stick your nose in everyones biz? do you even own a rc automobile?
new member? yea you are what gives you the right to jump on latufu?

note to self...don't buy/sell anything to Bulldozer69
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #30
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldozer69 View Post
Maybe because that's what this thread is for . To help each other . Take notes.