Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion for buy/sell sctrion.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Suggestion for buy/sell sctrion.

well seems to be alot of problems with buying or selling and trading right now. i would say if u have under like 5 reall transaction u cant trade or sell anything. kinda like some sort of restrictions. Or if someone get screwed just SOL it since no one can do anything about it. kinda just tired of people being screwd over. just need to find away to make it harder to hurt someone on here.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Mods can't really do anything regarding sales anyway. It is ALWAYS Buy/Sell/Trade at your own risk. Mods can only ban known scammers and such...... Scammers will never go away, just take precautions and you won't get taken for a ride.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mindcrimes
well seems to be alot of problems with buying or selling and trading right now. i would say if u have under like 5 reall transaction u cant trade or sell anything. kinda like some sort of restrictions. Or if someone get screwed just SOL it since no one can do anything about it. kinda just tired of people being screwd over. just need to find away to make it harder to hurt someone on here.
How will people be able to buy, sell, or trade if their feedback is zero??
Remember everyone in here started off with a zero. People just have to trust other people. I know sometimes people do get screwed over because of trust, but there are ways to cover yourself as a buyer & a seller. The mods have tried to make RCTech a better place to buy, sell, & trade. The no PayPal as gift rule is a biggie, as well as the other rules. Just because someone has 1000+ feedback in Ebay, doesn't mean they might not try to pull something here!!
For every new technology or rule, there's always someone figuring out a way around it!!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
How will people be able to buy, sell, or trade if their feedback is zero??
Remember everyone in here started off with a zero. People just have to trust other people. I know sometimes people do get screwed over because of trust, but there are ways to cover yourself as a buyer & a seller. The mods have tried to make RCTech a better place to buy, sell, & trade. The no PayPal as gift rule is a biggie, as well as the other rules. Just because someone has 1000+ feedback in Ebay, doesn't mean they might not try to pull something here!!
For every new technology or rule, there's always someone figuring out a way around it!!
I think his suggestion is to only limit selling and trading, not buying. It is the way most people build up their feedback, by buying a few items here and there as they get into the hobby, then selling extras or things as they upgrade after they have some posts and buying feedback.

I don't have a dog in this fight, as I am wary to deal with new members and those with low/no feedback, whatever side of the fence they are on (buy/sell), and really that is probably be how it should be. Right now, most scammers have 0 feedback, and are easier to spot. If they had to have 5+, they would be harder to spot (and albeit less of them going through the time to get the 5).

I suggest common sense, support your LHS, and calculate if the savings buying from here is worth the risk to buy used.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
Mods can't really do anything regarding sales anyway. It is ALWAYS Buy/Sell/Trade at your own risk. Mods can only ban known scammers and such...... Scammers will never go away, just take precautions and you won't get taken for a ride.
That's correct we can ban the but all they do is come back it is up to you all to ask a lot of questions of a seller or a trader before you make a deal , and if is too good to be true then it probably is
Old 09-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

yeah i understand it all. i personally have been scammed but was lucky to have military ties to the are where the scammer lived. i know u cant trust everyone on here for sure. like right now im working on a trade on here. im not affraid of and wrongdoing on the trade currently since me and the guy have been talking on here and talk on facebook also. just saying if there was a screening process i think it all would be a abetter place. i do appreciate the mods for doing everything they can for people.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Ahhh I remember when I was a trade virgin. Seriously though lots of questions and pics are a must. I usually end up texting and or talking to most of the people I buy sell or trade with. As always follow your gut. If it doesn't feel right don't do it. There has been alot of scammers lately , it seems to come in spurts. But remember there is way more good people on here than bad. Do your homework first.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

I've been buying stuff off of craigslist, meet somewhere public, look the stuff over, make sure it works, if item is not up to par you can just walk away.

Or another suggestion, my lhs has a used section. People sell their stuff there its all out in plan site so you know what you are kind of getting.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

sucked last time i did a clist trade my fiance had an allergic reaction at the place we did the trade at and it was at night so i got the car and it was nice but needed about 100$ of stuff to fix it to make it race ready. but i mean it was an unforseen variable
Old 09-18-2012, 04:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

My LHS tried the used side of it but then people wanted them to be responsible when they ended up with a piece of crap. So no more consignments. He does have a board you can post your stuff on for sale.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Our LHS here are horrible. I'm better off taking chances online. And the CS ads here are a joke. Prices are out the roof.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

people here in socal want 1000 bucks for a hyper9e with a mamba onster system. FAIL
Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

easiest rule to follow is the forum rules. lowest fb score ships first. do all purchases through paypal and dont let them pay as gift or you dont pay as gift. there is only 1 person that i pay as gift with and likewise on his part as our first deal went great and since then we have had about 5-10 more deals lol.