Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!---- >

!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!----

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!----

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 316 (100%+)
Default !!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!----

We need your help with deciding if this is an issue.
I sent the item USED as stated per my add in near perfect shape- My add:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...sale-only.html

Please tell me if the wires looked kinked or damaged? If Im wrong, I will refund him as soon as he returns it.

Here is out conversation and a picture he sent.

Originally Posted by k1ller rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtorqued
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if it was like this (doesn't look it in the pic), or it happened in transit, but the wire on this thing kinked bad enough I'm going to have to replace it. No way I'm trusting this thing the way it is. I know it's used but if I had known this I'd have bought a new one.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
$62?

Thanks,
Gary
65.00 sound fair? I can have it in the mailbox in 1 hour..
Ok, what's your paypal address?
[email protected]
Let me know when you pay so I can verify the payment.
Thanks
Sent. The shipping address is correct in paypal, but I'll list it here also:

Got it, shipping info will be in your PP in 10 mins.. TY and enjoy..
here is the link
----Personal Transponder FOR SALE ONLY-----
It's actually kinked in multiple places, looks like maybe it was coiled and then squashed flat.
Dont know what to tell you. I didnt sell you anything other than what was in the picture. It was in mint condition when it left here, just the way it was in the picture. I dont sell junk, and im didnt destroy it after i took the picture.
You sent it in an envelope with NO packaging to protect it.

ME---Well if this is such an issue, what would you propose we do about it?

HIM---Why do you an attitude? I'm letting you know so you can decide what to do. If it isn't good enough, I'll just dispute the transaction on paypal. You can't tell me that this is ok. Wires of this gauge that are kinked that bad are very likely to break inside the insulation. Like I said, if I had known I'd get something like this, I'd have bought a brand new one and avoided the hassle and extra cost. A new one is only $80.

HIM---You can sit there and claim it's not your fault or whatever, but you threw it in an envelope and dropped it in the mail. What did

Last edited by k1ller rc; 08-14-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Here is the picture "After he received it"
Attached Thumbnails !!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!-----mrtptx_28medium29.jpg  
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

and now he's filed a report in feedback without giving me a chance to come to an agreement..
Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

This doesn't look that bad. I assume he stretched the wires out from coiled? Issuing feedback in a negative before trying to resolve the issue. That sounds like no matter what he wouldn't have been happy.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Here is the picture "After he received it"
nothing wrong with the wires. i have a transponder it has wires that look like that and it works fine been like that for 5 years.

just get it back and refund this cry baby.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

I honestly don't see a problem with the transponder, nothing that would warrant NEGATIVE feedback to a guy who has 175 + positive rating and this guy has what "2" lets get real

trader rating means everything on this site, and makes people wonder about selling to ANYONE that has less than 10, its not fair for the honest person, but this guy

I guess I would argue the point with paypal and send some messages to the MOD's on here to see what they can do to fix this
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

At this point I'd argue PayPal if he files a claim for sure. But I wouldn't refund now. He left feedback so its his now. He already closed this deal.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

YA, thats kind of what I thought. He has filed a dispute, I did talk to them. He says the wires are SEVERALLY damaged and doesn't trust it to work properly!

The whole point is, it wasn't like that when I sent it. All those who have bought from me, or have personally seen my stuff, knows its all REALLY well taken care of.
This P@&&$& me off. Oh ya, and 1 of those +1 feedbacks were from me.

Ill bet you if i end up getting this back it doesnt work!!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I wish my wires looked like that LOL. I have put mine through the ringer and they still work like a champ. Those kinks are not that bad. If he was expecting new then buy new. With as much positive feedback as you have i would let the mods take that off cause it is bogus for someone to leave a negative without giving you the chance to work things out. The people that make these products for our toys know that these things are going to go through a lot and not be replaced that often so that is why they make them with a lot of flexibility. I can see if it was a harder wire, dont see the wire being broken at all. Thanks for letting me know. Another one for the ignore list.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 122 (100%+)

I have dealt with people like that a lot on different sites it is frustrating I know.
Will add to ignore list!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think it looks that bad but if you just dropped the thing in an envelope with no packing it could have absolutely gotten crushed in shipping. I'd just get it back and refund his money.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It looks good to me. I wouldn't think twice about using it. Sounds like he's either super paranoid or trying to scam.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hmmm...
Old 08-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

One of the kinks is bad enough the wire is nearly broken or maybe even completely broken inside the insulation (the pic above does not show this). I have enough problems with electronics to know better than to try to run a wire like that and expect it to be reliable. I'm new here so I know that no matter what I say, I'm the bad guy. I filed a disupute because the seller's attitude from the start was that it's not his problem. Well, when you ship an electronic device in a paper envelope with no packing material, is it any surprise that it might get damaged? On every forum I sell on, it's accepted that it is the seller's responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer in the condition it is supposed to. Why is that? Because that part of the transaction is completely in control of the seller, not the buyer.

Buyer is claiming I did this. Nope. The wires were coiled and crushed, the pic was after I straightened them out. I never assumed that it left the seller's possession like that, but having some sense about packaging an item like this is expected. Or, maybe that's not the case here? I don't know, but like I said on every forum I'm on that is the expectation.

As was posted above when the seller aired part of our private conversation:
"Dont know what to tell you. I didnt sell you anything other than what was in the picture. It was in mint condition when it left here, just the way it was in the picture. I dont sell junk, and im didnt destroy it after i took the picture."

Right off the bat the seller isn't offering to do anything about this. I simply told seller to decide what they want to do, and if it isn't good enough for me I'll just dispute it. Is that being too hasty? That's for me to decide, and based on a couple past problems I just don't waste time on this stuff. The comment "if it's such a big deal" is kind of slap in the face. Well, it was advertised as new condition and it's not, so yes it is a big deal. When I sell an item I try to make sure it's *better* than what the buyer was expecting when they receive it, and my feedback on other sites reflects this. That includes proper packaging to make sure the item arrives in the condition it left in.

Do what you will with this info...I don't plan to respond further in this thread.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I believe Overtorqued explained it clearly. If the PT was in an envelope only, even padded, it may have been smashed under something in transit and the wire could very well have come out like that. I also believe Overtorqued gave negative feedback before anything could be resolved. Too hasty IMO. I say allow the buyer to return the PT and refund money plus any additional shipping buyer has to pay. That's what I would do (but I would have shipped in a box at least). I also believe negative should be removed from OP feedback. He is at least trying to make things right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.