Wiki Posts
Search

hlpressley bad seller

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default hlpressley bad seller

In April last year, I bought from Harold two cars a D8T and 811T, I paid U$906.00, not received anything, I contacted ,he told me he was working hard and when I got home I would send the cars, nothing more, then went to a dispute on paypal and canceled because he told me he was with hard work and was not able to send, I had already bought a car from him and I had no problem after that not able to talk with him, he took advantage because I live outside U.S. and deceived me. I never received any proof of his post.

Thanks and if anyone can help me , I appreciate .
Rogerio

from Brasil

I bought a lot here, including a fg and hpi baja 1/5, and never had a problem.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Last year? Then you closed the PayPal case!! Your money's GONE!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Harold is a pretty decent guy. He races locally in my area and is pretty well known out here on rctech as well as a good seller. Are you sure it didn't get lost in the mail? That's why I hate shipping stuff outside the US....there is no tracking available. It's a PITA if something happens.

I would try PMing him again, and if he took your money and never sent the cars....I'm sure he will make it right. I can't see him doing that though.....

I wish you luck either way, but a year is a tad long.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MotoGod
Harold is a pretty decent guy. He races locally in my area and is pretty well known out here on rctech as well as a good seller. Are you sure it didn't get lost in the mail? That's why I hate shipping stuff outside the US....there is no tracking available. It's a PITA if something happens.

I would try PMing him again, and if he took your money and never sent the cars....I'm sure he will make it right. I can't see him doing that though.....

a year is really long to just now post something about it

but yah no matter what you never close the case until you are satisfied

yes best of luck to you
Old 05-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You canceled your claim before you got your money back. You waited a year to say something about it.

I am definitely sorry for your loss, but it doesn't sound like you were too worried about losing the money.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I remember reading about this last year. It's not the first time he's said anything, it was supposedly "handled" later in the year but it looks like it's not. He's still here, hopefully he can respond and shed some light on whether these were ever sent.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

You are wrong, you can track outside USA with the customs number , I never had problens , I bought other cars from Harold , a D8T and a MBX6T , because this, I decided cancel the dispute , and in this past year I kept contact with Harold , and think "Harold is a honest guy , have good feedbacks he will pay back" , but no , he not answer my e-mails .

Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thats funny i shipped a package to canada from my local usps about a week ago, they told me there was no more tracking # to confirm after it hit the boarder not even through customs. Sounds like if it was shipped to brasil the chances of it are i got lost in the mail it can happen, happen to me!
Old 05-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sniffin' nitro
Thats funny i shipped a package to canada from my local usps about a week ago, they told me there was no more tracking # to confirm after it hit the boarder not even through customs. Sounds like if it was shipped to brasil the chances of it are i got lost in the mail it can happen, happen to me!
In Brasil I can track using the Brasil post service (www.correios.com.br) , if you send me a package you have a number from customs like CP284544546US , with this number I can track here , in your case you can try the site of the Canada Post .
But in my case Harold never send me a number , even though I asked.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Basically my advice for sellers is to make sure you insure the package to cover yourself, because your duty as a seller doesnt stop until the buyer gets the package.
If it gets lost in the mail, that doesnt mean the buyer should eat the cost. The seller should take the hit if they didnt insure the package and cant file a claim with the shipping agent.

For the buyer, i feel for you man. You shouldnt have closed that claim, however i can see your point of view as having done business with this seller before, and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately you were too trusting it seems.

I think the seller needs to come in here and fess up, or tell his side of the story.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kylar
Basically my advice for sellers is to make sure you insure the package to cover yourself, because your duty as a seller doesnt stop until the buyer gets the package.
If it gets lost in the mail, that doesnt mean the buyer should eat the cost. The seller should take the hit if they didnt insure the package and cant file a claim with the shipping agent.

For the buyer, i feel for you man. You shouldnt have closed that claim, however i can see your point of view as having done business with this seller before, and giving him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately you were too trusting it seems.

I think the seller needs to come in here and fess up, or tell his side of the story.

Thanks Kylar ,

That's what I want, that Harold came here and at least send me the numbers of the Customs numbers .
Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Even if he has them, over a year later good luck finding those packages.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

why wait a year?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Location: second star to the right...straight on til morning!
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default wrong

Originally Posted by sniffin' nitro
you can track outside the US. using UPS, Fedex and DHL, all offer tracking internationally. Albeit very very expensive.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

FWIW, I live in Canada, and order from the U.S. all the time. 90% of the time, my packages have tracking, so it's definitely available. (Shipping typically via USPS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.