Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hazardous/2k4 *Notice*

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
Posts that sound like you made it past the 6th grade are always nice to see as well.
Yea that's kinda a messed up post... my lack of spelling and grammer makes me a bad trader/seller??? Kinda like my insurance guy telling me couse I have 0 credit I'm a bad driver... I'm srry I pay cash for ever thing becouse I don't like to owe people money... I might not be able to spell or use grammer proper but that don't say anything about who I am or what kind of person I am. I feel that's a copout comment.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snipersnightmar
Yea that's kinda a messed up post... my lack of spelling and grammer makes me a bad trader/seller??? Kinda like my insurance guy telling me couse I have 0 credit I'm a bad driver... I'm srry I pay cash for ever thing becouse I don't like to owe people money... I might not be able to spell or use grammer proper but that don't say anything about who I am or what kind of person I am. I feel that's a copout comment.
It's not a cop out, it's my opinion. You have yours, I have mine and I'm o.k. with that.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
It's not a cop out, it's my opinion. You have yours, I have mine and I'm o.k. with that.
And that is y I lose faith in the world one sad comment at a time I can't spell I can't use grammer proper. But I'm o.k. with it
This is ot I do hope everything does work out for the op

Last edited by snipersnightmar; 02-28-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: off topic
Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

And that is y I lose faith in the world one sad comment at a time I can't spell I can't use grammer proper. But I'm o.k. with it
This is ot I do hope everything does work out for the op
What you need to realize is that you are judged all day, everyday, in life. You might be the nicest person I could ever meet but on the internet the only thing people can judge you by and form an opinion of your character on is the way you present yourself in your posts. If you use the spelling and grammar of a 6th grader what choice do I have but to think you might be one? Does it mean you're a bad person to deal with or a scammer, of course not. But will it make me question weather or not I want to do a deal with you? Yes, other members, maybe.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

racer1812 was not trying to take a slap at you. I understand where you are coming from, and respect what you're trying to say. But try to understand the perspective of other people before "losing faith" in the world.

The reason, unfortunately, that insurance companies weigh credit risk when determining insurability, is there is a very strong correlation between people with bad or no credit and insurance claims/fraudulent claims. Yes, it makes it harder for the honest people that still try to make a cash economy work in today's electronic payment world, but that is the reality of it. The reality is, if you are honest, hard working, pay your bills on time, and have 0 credit, you are less than 5% of the 0 credit population.

Same thing with poor grammar skills posting on internet forums. Like it or not, there is a strong relationship between people who struggle with grammar on forums and their maturity, communication, integrity, honesty, etc.

Its why many of us are reluctant to deal with people who can't or won't take the time to communicate effectively.

I'm certainly not judging anyone for what they do or say, but I absolutely reserve the right to choose whether or not to conduct business with someone. How people communicate impacts that decision a great deal.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LaTuFu
racer1812 was not trying to take a slap at you. I understand where you are coming from, and respect what you're trying to say. But try to understand the perspective of other people before "losing faith" in the world.

The reason, unfortunately, that insurance companies weigh credit risk when determining insurability, is there is a very strong correlation between people with bad or no credit and insurance claims/fraudulent claims. Yes, it makes it harder for the honest people that still try to make a cash economy work in today's electronic payment world, but that is the reality of it. The reality is, if you are honest, hard working, pay your bills on time, and have 0 credit, you are less than 5% of the 0 credit population.

Same thing with poor grammar skills posting on internet forums. Like it or not, there is a strong relationship between people who struggle with grammar on forums and their maturity, communication, integrity, honesty, etc.

Its why many of us are reluctant to deal with people who can't or won't take the time to communicate effectively.

I'm certainly not judging anyone for what they do or say, but I absolutely reserve the right to choose whether or not to conduct business with someone. How people communicate impacts that decision a great deal.
+1,000,000 Actuaries get paid a LOT of money to determine risk and at the end of the day, the statistics don't lie. People with no credit, bad credit, little education, etc are a higher risk. Nothing against the person posting here, but when i see someone who can't spell or put together a meaningful sentence, I wonder how well the stuff was taken care of, or what I am getting my self in to.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

My education is now being questioned? So the fact that I went to school to become a auto tech and am work my way to be a ase master mech to become the best mech. I can guess I wasted my time seenin I can't spell. My rcs are very well taken care of wish I could upload som pics but again enuff time wasted on this I'm in to take my uneducated butt out side and fix my wifes trailblazer. Guess we will see if I do a good job seen I can't spell
Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Someone got their feelings hurt...........

If you are happy in your life and your family is proud of you that is all that matters, certainly someone you don't know on an internet hobby forum should have no effect. If they do then you in fact do need to revisit your level of education and self esteem.

Now back to the topic~!
Old 02-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Sniper, I think you've missed my point.

Lets get this thread back on topic before I have to make it go away.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Ladies.. I think this thread is waaaay off track. Lets keep it within the subject content, please!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sniper, you completely missed the collective point. None of it was meant to be an insult.

Anyway...back OT...
Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default ****Notice**** LostDog

Originally Posted by LostDog
Just a heads up.. new member here trying to trade some non rc items for rc items. No feedback here and we had agreed to ship same time on a trade. So I get all my stuff ready to ship then I get a pm asking me to ship first so he can inspect my stuff first. Backed out. Just didnt get that warm fuzzy feeling during transaction.
Recently agreed to a trade in good faith with the original poster LostDog and wish I would have asked him to ship first. I sent him my end of the trade on the 16th of June which he confirmed receipt of on the 22nd. He wasnt able to send right away due to work reasons and said he shipped parcel post from Houston to Charlotte on the 21st. Since then, I have not received my package (10shipping days) and can not get ahold of him. His last activity on here was June 23rd and he has not returned my direct email messages. I am hoping that work is keeping him away from the computer and my package is going to show up buy I am losing faith and beginning to think I was scammed. I knew it was chance but when I was doing my due diligence on the trade, I noticed this post and I thought he might be legit.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...g-scammer.html. Seems as if he has got someone else with you hope all works out but I would not hold my breath.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Unbelievable!!!!!!!! Thanks for the link sniper. Wish that post was a week or so earlier!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

LostDog is a scammer, I sent him a trade and never did he respond to my emails after he received my item. I never received the item he said he was gonna send me either. Stay away from him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.