Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I wrong or not? what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)
Angry Am I wrong or not? what should I do?

I bought an advertised "spektrum" wall charger and some rechargeable batt from this seller on this ad, as you can see the charger is pictured next to a box from the original charger so I assume it was spektrum brand.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-included.html

well I got the charger, and it is not a spektrum charger just a cheap chinese imitation, I contacted the seller telling him that he didn't mentioned it wasn't spektrum brand and I was disspointed with the product and wanted my money back, he replied that he got it from a hobby shop and it is a spektrum charger and he won't give my money back and he doesn't care if I leave negative feedback he would do the same. What should I do?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I feel for you it is a little underhanded, but in the end does the charger work?

If so personally (this in no way indicates how you should handle it) I would just move past it and know that you leaving this feedback post will allow anyone to see what sort of seller they are.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i almost bought this!!!!! with the spektrum box sitting there i assumed it was a spektrum charger as well. he should return your money and the extra to send it back to him!!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

I haven't tested it yet not knowing if it could damage the tx since it is not what spektrum recommends to use. I feel upset because it is no what I was expecting to get. I paid $20.00 for the charger, and 4 batts simple because I thought the charger was spektrum if not I would have bought any charger with rechargeable batts.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

from what I can see the real SPEKTRUM wall chargers look a bit diferent

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM9526

but maybe he's telling the truth about him buying it like that.

either way if if I was the seller I would have refunded your money, I would take it up with paypal if you really want a refund.

If not just leave feedback so we know what happened.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inferno13
i almost bought this!!!!! with the spektrum box sitting there i assumed it was a spektrum charger as well. he should return your money and the extra to send it back to him!!
that's what I thought, and I asked for the same even the cost to return it to him, and he said that he doesn't have to, he insist it is an spektrum charger even when the label on the charger says a totally different thing.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I am not defending one side or the other but . 2 things. The ad does not call it a spektrum brand,even though the box is. And the ad says 4 batteries and pictures 8.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If he doesn't wish to resolve the issue you can always do a paypal claim for items received not as described.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by edgar5bss
from what I can see the real SPEKTRUM wall chargers look a bit diferent

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM9526

but maybe he's telling the truth about him buying it like that.

either way if if I was the seller I would have refunded your money, I would take it up with paypal if you really want a refund.

If not just leave feedback so we know what happened.
If it is true he got it from the hobby shop like that is his problem, he should know just looking at the charger that it is not original, just puting it next to the original box doesn't make it original, at least he should have mention that and he didn't.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I am not defending one side or the other but . 2 things. The ad does not call it a spektrum brand,even though the box is. And the ad says 4 batteries and pictures 8.
I got 4 batt because that's was part of the deal with other things.

Originally Posted by Phoebus28
If he doesn't wish to resolve the issue you can always do a paypal claim for items received not as described.
That would be the next step.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
As the title says I have a wall charger and a set of 4 rechargeable batteries I no longer need. The batteries have 3 charges on them, I also have another set of batteries I will include for $7.00 more. Charger and 1 set of batteries $25.00obo shipped to US only.
he says a set of 4 batteries are included, then says the 2nd set will be an additional $7 so he was picturing both sets of batteries.

but you should always ask questions even if there is a box sitting there.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stang
he says a set of 4 batteries are included, then says the 2nd set will be an additional $7 so he was picturing both sets of batteries.
but you should always ask questions even if there is a box sitting there.
The batts are not the issue, the issue is with the charger, I assume it was original just beacuse of the box, and his good feedback also he didn't mentioned it wasn't either. So IMO he put the bait intentionally.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Now what this dude did was kind of sleazy. It's obviously a trick to get someone to believe it's a spektrum product but no where does he state it actually is one. In fact in his writing of the ad, I'd assume it wasn't.

Do you have a reason to be annoyed, yes.

Did he ship you what he was selling.....unfortunately....yes.

This is just my $0.02 which after inflation....equals zero LOL.

PS I'd recommend sending a PM to Marcos about the feedback issue before leaving feedback to see if the seller's negative would stick. Do a preemptive strike that way you can leave your negative and have his removed.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by rc_collector
The batts are not the issue, the issue is with the charger, I assume it was original just beacuse of the box, and his good feedback also he didn't mentioned it wasn't either. So IMO he put the bait intentionally.
i understand that. i was just replying to hotrod about the battery part of his post.

but like i said before. always ask questions to make sure you see what you see.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This may not help the resolution...

What are the voltage/mA specs for the "fauxtrum" wall charger?

If it is a 120V input/6v, 150 mA output charger, it should work just fine with your Tx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.