Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
DAVIN: i feel as if i have been SCAMMED >

DAVIN: i feel as if i have been SCAMMED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DAVIN: i feel as if i have been SCAMMED

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default DAVIN: i feel as if i have been SCAMMED

USer DAVIN on this forum has a +22 100 feedback, one would think that with this shoudl have been able to trust such a seller.
I purchased (paypaled) a slash 4x4 from him, paid in full, after a few days of no replies, he finally did and said that he had a family emergency.
All good, after a MONTH and no slash,i pmed him, according to what he said, it was shipped USPS, so i waited again.
After nearly 6 weeks i communicated with DAVIN again, he then explained to me that it was the first time he used USPS WITHOUT taking insurance and he had NO tracking number for me.
AFter much back and forth, he offered to send me somethign else, not interested inanything else he had i asked for a Refund.
To this day and several several PMS later, i have NO REPLY, NO refund and NO Truck.
im considering taking this a step further .
what do you think ishould do?
ANyone here personally knows DAVIN? please tell him to get oin the forums and have the decency to reply to me before i have to seek alternative methods for dealing with him please.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

I would have started a claim a while ago, might be to late now.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. You may have to take an alternative item from him, if that is what he is willing to do. You waited to long to make a PayPal claim. Hopefully you can get something of equivalent value.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

its really sad that you cannot trust people in the world any more and that people can sleep comfortably knowing full well that they owe someone ..........
Old 10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'd still contact Paypal tell them what is going on and see what they can do for you. I once got a refund 75 days after an Ebay sale due to them having numerous other complaints.

You never know till you try.

Hope it works out for you man.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sounds like your to late to file a claim. I would have done that after 30 days. Also, when he said he had a family emergency, I would have filed a claim shortly after that. Seems like that is everyones excuse to why things arent getting shipped or refunded. Also sounds a little weird that it was the "first time" he didnt use insurance or a tracking number. My honest opinion, He tried to scam but not very good at it. Another guy for the ignore list. Im sorry for your loss and hope everything works out for you.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Contact Paypal anyway and let them know what is going on. It may be to late but maybe not you have 45 days i think to file a dispute. And make sure you leave him - feedback now since it has been long enough for him to make things right and he clearly does not have any intention to make things right.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Sucks that you waited so long and that it may be to late to file a paypal claim..... I'd call him out on this thread since he seems to post there alot.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...acing-431.html
Old 10-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

ahh the famous family emergency **bs excuse**

THEN THE FAMOUS OHH WAIT I FORGOT THE TRACKING AND INSURANCE BUT I SHIPPED YOUR TRUCK. NEVER HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE **FIRST TIME I USED USPS**LIES WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME. NOW YOU see the seller is not on here defending him self!!

hope you get your money back. how much did you pay for it.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

time to call his local prosecutor!!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

I have made several attempts to make this right. Short of going buying another truck to give to him I don't know what. I have given my phone number to him and he has never called. I have no propblem with making this right. I just want to make sure Im not getting screwed either. Work with me here Andre

Last edited by Davin; 10-31-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by Davin
I have made several attempts to make this right. Short of going buying another truck to give to him I don't know what. I have given my phone number to him and he has never called. I have no propblem with making this right. I just want to make sure Im not getting screwed either. Work with me here Andre
From what I understand hes paid you and you haven't shipped the item. How are you getting screwed when you haven't done squat but screw him?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Originally Posted by stang
From what I understand hes paid you and you haven't shipped the item. How are you getting screwed when you haven't done squat but screw him?

Truck was shipped. Late. But it was then I was told he never got it. I offered a couple different ways to make it right and he turned them all down. Now here we are 6 months later. I sent him another pm with my number to get this straight. Now stop dragging me through the mud without having the full story. I have been a member on here since 2005 and am a very active member of my local RC community. I never have screwed anyone on here and will do what I can to make this guy happy.

Last edited by Davin; 10-31-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stang
Davin has been a member since 2005. 0 negative feedback on his trades in all that time. The steps he's taken to try to make it right match up with what the OP has indicated as well. The OP has let the drama go on for 6 months, and has not accepted any resolution offers from the seller.

Long story short, there are a lot of details to this situation that people not involved do not have. We certainly do not have enough to definitively say that the OP is getting screwed by this guy.

GL to both parties involved.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

I have to disagree, its your job as a seller to make sure to get tracking to cover your own butt. Whether or not the person asks for it is irrelevant. If you can't prove you shipped the item then how are we suppose to believe you actually did?

Just an FYI without tracking info paypal will almost always side with the buyer so its worth the extra 80 cents, or nothing if you use ups/fedex to cover yourself.

Without proof that you shipped it i would say you should refund the buyer, and take that as your lesson to always get tracking when selling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.