Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aptyk88

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

There is a rule against asking for payment through paypal as a gift. Report it if you see it. Besides it being against PayPal's terms of use, it saves the buyer from this kind of issue.

Considering all the threads like this that pop up, I can't for the life of me see how people justify sending a gift payment, or paying for peoples transaction fees. Hope you learned a lesson.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

perhaps we should let this one lye until the outcome of stated PM's is handled. It appears at first glance that buyer and seller are talking through PM's again which gives hope of a good outcome.

Wait and see with hopes for a good turnout.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The outcome of the pm's is that I've been offered a high lifter losi truck, a deal on servos or I wait until an unemployment check comes since now he is laid off. For now, I'm waiting it out, I have other things going on and will let everyone know the outcome of this.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

...and for the comments about sending as a gift. he gave me the option, i've never used the gift option or ever seen the gift option before this. obviously if I read everything on paypal or any other thread in the trader feedback section I wouldn't have sent my payment this way.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wishmasstir
...and for the comments about sending as a gift. he gave me the option, i've never used the gift option or ever seen the gift option before this. obviously if I read everything on paypal or any other thread in the trader feedback section I wouldn't have sent my payment this way.
It sucks that you got hosed on this deal. I'd wait on payment and would not take some other item as a substitute unless it's something you really want.

But......He gave you the option of paying by gift and you took it. I'm not trying to twist the knife in your back anymore but, by definition, the word gift means that it's something given without the expectation of something in return. I just don't understand why we continue to see people sending payments as gifts. Shame on Paypal for even adding the option but in the end it's the person sending the money that should know better. Thanks for posting your story though, it may not help you in the end but hopefully it will help someone else.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Just to close out this issue ... I had several phone calls to paypal and to my bank to get it all straightened out and I was able to take care of it. Paypal was able to take the money out of his account and refund me, not sure if the seller was willing to do so or not, and honestly I don't care at all either way now that its settled.

The seller wanted me to wait until he got his first unemployment check to refund me the money but honestly it seemed as though that was just a way to stretch the time of the transaction out past the allocated days given by each paypal and my bank.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so you sent the money as a gift and they sided with you and returned the money.

That's impressive for Paypal. Glad it worked out and obviously you had all your correspondence in order and made your case to the people that matter.

Love a happy ending
Old 08-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Nice to hear you got your money back but please make sure you leave him - feedback because now that this is over this thread will get moved down after a while and future buyers will not see this. Negative feedback is the only way to make a bad deal follow him around and let everyone see how he does business.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Kick ass that you got it back! I'd buy a lottery ticket!