warning on mbx61977

Old 06-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default warning on mbx61977

he says he will trade a almost new rc8b for my jq car, we trade pictures and talk a bit on the phone. we ship cars out the next day the tracking number for my car is working the tracking number he gives me is not working asked him to send me the number again incase i got it wrong and its the same, 1c ext... i call ups and talk to someone there and they inform me that all ups tracking numbers start with 1z affter i ask him for a picture of the reciept for some proof he says hes at work but will look into it later, ive sent more messages to him with no responce, his tag is mbx61977 name clint mitchell, in lynn haven, fl. as a budget racer this big of a hit will end my racing season, by the time i can save up for a new car it will be so close to winter. i just want my car back,
Old 06-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

stop delivery and have your car sent back.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

it was too late when i try to do that,
Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

that sucks. call his local police on him and call yours and file a report.
i think they can do something to help you out.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Call local police and show all reciets and pm's/emails and such. Do asap!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looper
stop delivery and have your car sent back.
+1. I would do this immediately.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

update i got the car back, heres what went down,

i got a text asking who i was, my phone number is on there cell phone bill. i text this person for a bit and turns out to be his girlfriend. she says she will help get the car back any way she can but right now hes out of town at a big race in al. i happen to have some friends going to that race. the find the guy and see hes racing an rc8b,(the car i was suposed to get in the trade) and in the corner of his pits theres my jq car for sell. so i call the guy one more time and leave a vm. and text him the same message. i say, i know your at this race i know you are selling my car for 250, i will be calling the police and telling them everything, and i have friends at the track that will help me when the police get to the track. after that he calls me back. says that hes was at a weding the out of town for work with his phone off why he never answord my calls. he said he shiped out the buggy but ups returned it and he sent it out again. i said i dont belive him theres too many red flags with this deal. and that im going to have my friends comeover and ask about the car, and you can just give them everything and if your car realy does show up at my door i will return it. he says ok and i tell my friends whats going on. i texted his girlfriend affter i got off the phone asking if theres been a box returned to there house for me and what he said, she goes hes been out of town sence tues how could he have gotten the box and resent it.

my friends do have he car, from what they said the lipo rx pack i sent with the car is already gone but i will just take that small hit i guess. there were just too many problems going with this deal. i would not recomend dealing with him, if you do wait tell you get what ever hes sending you before you send to him.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Wow thanks for the heads up, it was a good thing his gf was willing to help you and called him out on everything he was trying to tell you....... Seems like he tried to use every excuse in the book, but sucks that the deal went sour, but a good thing your getting your car back minus the battery......
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Dude, if your friends were at the track you should have called the police anyway and let them deal with it. I wouldnt be taking any hit at all either, get your pack back or money to cover a new one.

Don't let this guy off the hook, because there is a very good chance he will try the same stunt with someone else.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Wow thats ridiculous. At least your getting it back. But I would have just called the police like ntrain said, so he would of got some kind of repercussion for this. Oh well all that matters I guess is that your getting it back...
Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

yea, at this point just glad to have car, and i will just warn anyone i can about what happend, 40 dollor battery is fine over a 500 dollor car,
Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Dude, if your friends were at the track you should have called the police anyway and let them deal with it. I wouldnt be taking any hit at all either, get your pack back or money to cover a new one.

Don't let this guy off the hook, because there is a very good chance he will try the same stunt with someone else.
....agreed 100%..we let to many scammers slide..then one of our fellow racers get taken..