Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE: SLASHMANIAC

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default BEWARE: SLASHMANIAC

guys, be careful dealing with this guy. slashmaniac(akamichael burns jr) simply does not do what he says he is doing.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Whats the deal? More info please.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
Whats the deal? More info please.
This is what has happened to me and a few other traders.

slashmaniac will post in your thread something along the lines of "Send me your paypal and it is mine" and when you send him a PM with your paypal he never pays, just keeps stringing you along and then finally just goes silent. In my particular case he told me via PM and posting in my thread on a Friday he wanted my items and to send him my paypal. I did and we went back an forth a few times. Then he sends the "Getting ready to leave" can you hold this for me message. I told him I could not hold them because of too many flakey buyers, but if they were still here they were his. I PM'd him Saturday to make sure he still wanted them and he said yes, send me your paypal again, as I had another buyer wanting them. I sent him my paypal again and nothing.

Here are 2 threads with similar issues.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Old 06-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 2canSAM

slashmaniac will post in your thread something along the lines of "Send me your paypal and it is mine" and when you send him a PM with your paypal he never pays, just keeps stringing you along and then finally just goes silent. In my particular case he told me via PM and posting in my thread on a Friday he wanted my items and to send him my paypal. I did and we went back an forth a few times. Then he sends the "Getting ready to leave" can you hold this for me message. I told him I could not hold them because of too many flakey buyers, but if they were still here they were his. I PM'd him Saturday to make sure he still wanted them and he said yes, send me your paypal again, as I had another buyer wanting them. I sent him my paypal again and nothing.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Looks like he's a kicker....
Old 06-05-2011, 08:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
Looks like he's a kicker....
LOL I was thinking Photo collector, since about the only response most people get from him is to send or post pics
Old 06-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Sounds like his parents wont let him buy anything.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default sorry to everyone

i am sorry to everyone who has been dealing with me. i have lost 2 family members in the last 2 weeks i have been low on my and i thought i really had the money but i didn't.I AM NOT SCAMMER, I REPEAT I AM NOT A SCAMMER. i don't buy everything i see but i am not trying to waste peoples time. i hope this will help you understand i am not a bad person.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

and no i am not a photo collector lol
Old 06-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

from now on i will keep in touch with people i deal with. and pm them back if i change my mind.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

LET me ask you something?

did you receive anything before paying?
did you have something shipped to you in a trade?

if NO to all your not a scammer. sounds as you did not have the funds to buy it after all. it happens to everyone.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2canSAM

Thread #1
Thread #2
ok i had the same problem on another forum.

i allow 12 hours for payment no payment with in 12 hours. i send the buyer a PM saying i have not received payment i am relisting the item thank you.

then if payment comes thru i will PM the buyer and provide info when i ship it.

some ppl do not realize they do nto have them money until they get ready to pay.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Graphite07
LET me ask you something?

did you receive anything before paying?
did you have something shipped to you in a trade?

if NO to all your not a scammer. sounds as you did not have the funds to buy it after all. it happens to everyone.
Well said. There was no scamming here, I just believe the OP was making others aware of problems with this trader, and of the problems other have had. We all run into issues but communication is key to any trade, drop me a PM saying you changed your mind, no big deal, but don't keep saying you will buy it the disappear. I sell to fund other purchases in this hobby since my RC budget has been greatly reduced (downsizing sucks) and if I pass up other buyers because buyer 1 has said they will take it, and then just vanishes, it sucks.

I think most sellers do get a little ticked off (present company included) when you are told that they are buying your item, you pass up other buyers based on what buyer # 1 said and then buyer #1 disappears.

Last edited by 2canSAM; 06-05-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slashmaniac
i am sorry to everyone who has been dealing with me. i have lost 2 family members in the last 2 weeks i have been low on my and i thought i really had the money but i didn't.I AM NOT SCAMMER, I REPEAT I AM NOT A SCAMMER. i don't buy everything i see but i am not trying to waste peoples time. i hope this will help you understand i am not a bad person.
Sorry to hear about your loss. But atleast let people know whats up,Im sure your not a bad person,but communication is everything.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks but just because i didn't buy something and stay in contact. he has to start this. make alot of people gang up on me. that sort of makes me feel like a criminal
Old 06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

No one is ganging up one you, on the other hand, the OP should have posted more information about what happened.

I remember the days of trying to buy something then my parents would say no and I would have to explain to the seller what happened. Good times... not. lol

Dont sweat it slashmaniac.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.