Wiki Posts
Search

How long is to long?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default How long is to long?

Not sure if I have this thread in the right spot but here is my question. If you buy something from the for sale forum what is an acceptable amount of time to give the seller to respond that he got your payment and when he'll ship it?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For the purchases I've made on here, my payment was acknowledged same day and usually intended shipping date was as well. At most, I received a PM about shipping the following day.

I'd allow a few days and then start asking questions, remember though this is a holiday and your seller may be travelling...
Old 05-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

That's How it has been on my other purchases. This one took place at the beginning of the week. After three full days I opened a paypal case then got a response. It wasn't a nice one either. I don't think what I did was wrong but I wanted some more experienced sellers and buyers to let me know. I haven't sold anything on here but I sell a lot on eBay. I print out a shipping tag as soon as I can after getting paid usually a couple of hours later then drop it at the post office the next morning. Once I did have a death in the family and had to leave town but I sent a message explaining what was going on and when I could ship it.
I'm not going to be a jerk and leave negative feedback or bash the guy but I didn't think opening a paypal case when you think you may be getting ripped off is a bad thing to do.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you had tried contacting him during those 3 days you waited and rec'd no answer, then the seller has no one to be mad at over the PP claim but himself.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I sent a pm saying he was paid. 2 days later I sent another pm asking if he got the money. He said he didn't get that pm and I can't find where I sent it so I may have messed up and not sent it. Also on the second day I left a post on the thread where I bought it asking what was going on.

That's good to know I wasn't over reacting.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default a day or two?

A day or two after payment to get confirmation? I would be crawling the walls. I would have done exactly the same thing as you. I hope you did not cancel the dispute and I hope you received a refund.

If it was me, 3 days later no confirmation, I think I would be less likely to not mention their name.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

nevermind

Last edited by JustinL7294; 06-05-2011 at 04:57 PM.