Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
frankyrc - JeffWilson; two account, one scammer >

frankyrc - JeffWilson; two account, one scammer

frankyrc - JeffWilson; two account, one scammer

Old 11-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default frankyrc - JeffWilson; two account, one scammer

Made a deal with him thru pm for a used e-revo 1/16. He sent me a lot of pics by e-mail (wich is now disactivated) and the deal was closed at 250$ shipped. Sent the money with paypal (as a gift, never again...) and.... well nothing.

He also sold a Dx3r twice to two poeple under two different account.

I know he also had a savage flux to sell, hope nobody got screwed with it too.

What can I do with his i.p. if I ever got it? What can I do at all except warn other people?

I already filed a claim thru paypal but I'll much likely won't win on this one.

A pissed off newbie...
Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry to hear that, I would check with your local authority, I know over a certain amount of money its considered a Federal offense

Good Luck with this.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I think you need to retract your claim and chalk it up as a loss. Sending as a gift is a dumb idea unless it is somebody you know/trust or a very small amount. You messed up sending $250 as a gift.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

NEVER NEVER NEVER SEND AS A GIFT. i do not care how much the seller says il lose money due to paypal fe's **OHWELL** IF I CANT SEND AS A normal transaction then i do not need to buy it. a gift the **SELLER**/**SCAMMER** knows you can not dispute the transaction.....
if they say no deal if you cant send as a gift say screw you pal........and move on to another deal....lot of them out there and a lot of honest sellers.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by KT101367
Sorry to hear that, I would check with your local authority, I know over a certain amount of money its considered a Federal offense

Good Luck with this.
that really blows!!!!! local authority wont do much either, fill out a report and they will throw it in the pile with the 25 billion. they will also state that its a buy/ sell at your own risk deal. hate to say!! but give as much info here about the scammer as you can here and any other site you are on, give his real name and address. did you pay with credit card by any chance?
Old 11-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes I learned this the hard way. I do keep an eye out for the pic of any similar item that is for sale to be sure he's not back with another account.

It was for my friend so it was his money, feel pretty shitty on my side to come back with such news. And I also feel that I owe him something because I messed up sending it as a gift, I'll work something out to get him something to ride because it was his first rc car.

I still appreciate rctech.net a lot and won't do the error twice.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I heard it was $400 or more and it is considered a felony. Sorry to hear you got scammed.