Wiki Posts
Search

slow shipping sellers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default slow shipping sellers...

i just had to say that lately i have been disappointed in the speed of people shipping items.

i have bought, sold and traded stuff on here with good success. i know that if i have an item up for sale, i take pics if possible, and then i box it up ready to ship and await the sale...

seems like some of my recent deals have been like pulling teeth to get the items shipped, well after the paypal payments i made have been rec'd. is it just me, or does anyone else notice?

plus, the lack of communication is kinda bad, too. i email, pm, etc, but usually get no replies, even after i can see by the PM tracking on here that they have been online, just no info back... am i just expecting too much, or...?

feel free to post your opinions, gripes, experiences, etc...
Old 07-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yeah I have had that same problem. I always love the responce that I hear from other users when I start asking the seller where my items is "well you shouldn't be upset for him taking 2 weeks to ship it, You got such a good deal on it" Hell it didn't take him 2 weeks or even 2 minutes to take it from paypal when I paid for it.

Well I feel better now that this is off of my chest.

From now on I will only deal with people that will send me all their info and phone #. I need to have more ways of making sure I am being treated right.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

amen to that.. i mean, i have assembled a shelf full of various rc chassis... 35 or so! everything from the 'cuda's in my sig, all the way thru Corally 12th scale, and Tamiya FWD tub chassis(x2!) and i would have to say that probably only 5 or 6 have been bought new by me- big portions came off here.

those of you that stall on the shipping, at least send emails and updates so we know you arent completely hosing the buyer!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

One thing that may affect a few people is customs...

One reason some folks don't want to sell to Canada is b/c the customs office in the STATES is holding up the package... Perhaps it's the recent scare of terrorism, but the fact that some items sit in the US waiting to clear gives a bad impression to people who are waiting, not realizing that it is their OWN country holding up the delivery...

I was just reading something on ebay where a Canadian seller got his first negative feedback from someone in the States because delivery took too long... That sucks, suince he sent the package the same day and it was sitting in an office somewhere...

So you never know what happens once you send a package. If it's within the country, then yeah, give 'em heck, but if it is travelling farther, wait a bit... I am still waiting on a package sent from the States at the end of June... Am I peeved? Not yet....

cheers

Dave
Old 07-14-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

i agree on the customs deal.. i have had to run that ring before. mainly what i am concerned about is in the states, plus the lack of replies when asked about it. if i get a tracking # of some sort, then i understand the wait. its just that the ones i have had lately just dont reply to emails/pms, then all the sudden it shows up like 3 weeks later.

i have a deal pending right now that i paypalled the $$ on 7-2, but no info/replies/tracking # yet...
Old 07-14-2004, 07:15 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So far I have been lucky. All my deals over the last year or so have been great. Emails, PM's and payments have been quick. I have also tried to deal with guys I see on here alot and have a godd reputation for selling.

It is unfortunate that a few make it bad for the tons and tons of guys/gals on here that really do a great job of seeling and buying.

I have bought and sold alot of things on this site and really appreciate the use of this site. I hate to see people abuse the system for ripping people off.

I agree that shipping should be only a day or two after the payment is made unless arrangements are made prior to the sale or purchase. I know when I want something on here I Paypal quickly and hope that my package is sent out quickly and in a timely fashion like my payment was made.

Brian
Old 07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

I have to agree with most of you. Whenever I do buy thing on the net I usually ask the seller when will they be able to ship the item also I would pay extra to get the item faster. I would of been really upset if they had to wait 2 week to ship my item but if they atleast let me know they had a problem then I might wait but most of the time I will not go with the deal even if it a very good deal having to wait 2 week to ship the item is not acceptable. If I pay them fast I expect them to ship it out fast. When ever I sell something on the net I usually ship the same day once payment is recieved or the next day.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree on the customs part ...it takes them forever to get things going.I had shipped carkits and parts over to the US with the fastest service I can find here and it usually gets where ever in the US in 4-5 days and Canada Post has it's own website to track the items even it's out of it's Country.

But it's the other way around for US coming into Canada.Tracking is unavailable???..that sucks.I got a deal going on right now too,still waiting for it to arrive...it's been only a week.Hopefully,will see the package soon.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

International shipping is easier than everyone thinks, you just have to know how to word the paperwork correctly, and Never Use the General Post, always use UPS, granted it does cost a few for Dollers, i have had several sales on the board to Canada, and every one i have sold has been very happy and shocked how fast it got there.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

You wanna know my beef :

I got an email from a "prospective" buyer on ebay. He went on to mention that the shipping cost 25.00 was too much. (For onroad car). So I explained in my response why the costs are what they costs. I dont make money in shipping-heck I lose money- I always buy a new box, between 3.00 to 4.50, I try to earmark 10.00 to 12.00 dollars (weight based packing)to ship anywhere in the states, priority mail 2-3 day (not 5-7 day or longer) Insurance can add anywhere from 1.60 to 9.50 per package depending on the value of what I'm selling, The return receipt cost 1.80, and / or signature confirmation cost 1.20. This amounts do not include the shipping tape, gas used to get to the post office and the time I wait in line.(priceless)
I make it a point to get whatever I sell to the buyer as fast as humanly possibly without it costing an arm and a leg. I would expect when I buy things That they are shipped to me as fast as possible. I received a motor from Great Britain in less than 4 days.
But yet in the states, I get things in 5-7 day mail. I 'd rather pay the extra in shipping just so I can have my stuff sooner.
I always communicate with my buyers, I tell them when its shipped, I give them a tracking number and let them know to let me know when they receive the package so I can leave positive feedback for them. This is not always the case for me when I'm buying, sometimes i dont get email confirming the item has been shipped...Just a little common courtesy would be nice...I will keep doing what I'm doing because I know I'm doing the right thing...
This doesnt apply to everyone but dang it you cheapskates who gripe about shipping / handling had better bark up another tree because I'm not having it. It you dont like it just buy your stuff at the friggin' hobby store.

Last edited by threeEwes; 07-15-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by threeEwes
You wanna know my beef :

I got an email from a "prospective" buyer on ebay. He went on to mention that the shipping cost 25.00 was too much. (For onroad car). So I explained in my response why the costs are what they costs. I dont make money in shipping-heck I lose money- I always buy a new box, between 3.00 to 4.50, I try to earmark 10.00 to 12.00 dollars (weight based packing)to ship anywhere in the states, priority mail 2-3 day (not 5-7 day or longer) Insurance can add anywhere from 1.60 to 9.50 per package depending on the value of what I'm selling, The return receipt cost 1.80, and / or signature confirmation cost 1.20.
Wow, what a load of BS. Order boxes for free from the usps website, priority mail costs about $9.00 for a 1/10 elec tc, insurance is $3.20 for $100, and if you charge people for the gas to get the the post office, why don't you charge them for the electricity you need to power your computer. There is NO reason to charge $25 for shipping. If you do, you'll notice a huge drop in bids, as people aren't that stupid.
About slow shipping sellers, it's okay with me as long as they tell me in advance.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Hey cardboard:

You can kiss my a**, I go to the post office and I buy the f***** boxes b****. I know what i pay, I have the receipts you shi* for brains. You are the exact petty cheapskate person that I'm referring to-
Old 07-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

and by the way cardboard-I dont have a problem getting bids.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:03 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

I have been quite lucky because I have recieved most of the stuff I order from the States in 7 days (not bad for half way round the world).

On the few occasions that I do sell I always get a tracking #, it protects me (that I've done my part of the deal) and it gives the buyer a better sense of security. For those, they have also taken approx 7 days to get to their destination.

USD 25 for a car is the approx price I normally pay to get to Hong Kong. If people don't like the shipping then they can go elsewhere.....or fly over to pick it up.....I'm sure most seller would be prepared to remove shipping costs in those instances!

One thing I don't understand is why some sellers will not send international.....even if the buyer agrees to pay shipping? I don't get this because for the seller it is just a difference of writing another address label....they get the money up front anyway!!! I've come across a few of those in ebay.....
Old 07-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: slow shipping sellers...

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
i just had to say that lately i have been disappointed in the speed of people shipping items.

i have bought, sold and traded stuff on here with good success. i know that if i have an item up for sale, i take pics if possible, and then i box it up ready to ship and await the sale...

seems like some of my recent deals have been like pulling teeth to get the items shipped, well after the paypal payments i made have been rec'd. is it just me, or does anyone else notice?

plus, the lack of communication is kinda bad, too. i email, pm, etc, but usually get no replies, even after i can see by the PM tracking on here that they have been online, just no info back... am i just expecting too much, or...?

feel free to post your opinions, gripes, experiences, etc...
I'm having that problem now. I've been waiting a week for the Seller to SEND it... it's still sitting in his living room!

And I will back up ThreeEwes, He's an Awesome Seller/Trader.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.