worried and maybe can use some info?

Old 10-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)
Default worried and maybe can use some info?

I sold a TCX NIB to another member. It was shipped from washington to los angeles California

I got a delivery confimation # and it says it was delivered on the 12th.

I just got a pm from the guy and he said he has not received it yet. now I have proof that it was shipped an saying it was delivered. should i be responsible in any way for this??

I have had over 300+ deals not including the ones from my shop go with out a problem. ever!!

I'm hoping they sat it on the porch or somewhere and he hasn't looked or something.

I guess one of my questions would be do I deserve negative feedback for this transaction?

this is a $400 deal and it has me worried..

I'm not going to name the person because they have not been negative in anyway and i want to help him as much as can with his package.

but i wanted to see what your guys opinion is.. and if negative feedback is even allowed if you have proof you shipped it.

here are the shipping details

Your item was delivered at 9:40 am on October 12, 2010 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90019.

Delivered, October 12, 2010, 9:40 am, LOS ANGELES, CA 90019
Arrival at Post Office, October 12, 2010, 6:04 am, LOS ANGELES, CA 90019
Processed through Sort Facility, October 08, 2010, 6:25 pm, KENT, WA 98032
Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 08, 2010

ITEM was sold Oct 7, 2010

Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 9405 5036 9930 0365 5337 30
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Technically, you have done your part.

What I would do... call the recieving PO, and talk to the post master. He/she will then speak to the carrier and ask him if he remembers that package (most of them will remember), and ask where it was put.

But other than that, it is a done deal. You did your part, the USPS is supposed to scan it as they are dropping it off... so you SHOULD be in the clear.

I had one like this a few months ago when i sold a MBX6T... but it was eventually found.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dlewis4

What I would do... call the recieving PO, and talk to the post master. He/she will then speak to the carrier and ask him if he remembers that package (most of them will remember), and ask where it was put.

But other than that, it is a done deal. You did your part, the USPS is supposed to scan it as they are dropping it off... so you SHOULD be in the clear.

I had one like this a few months ago when i sold a MBX6T... but it was eventually found.
thanks for your reply. I just hope the guy gets his box. He has not been negative in anyway or got upset when I told him it was delivered, so for now I'm just hoping that he gets it figured out. He said he was going to contact the post office tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Give it some time - I bought something on eBay and seller kept telling me USPS showed it had been delivered as I kept asking where it was. After about a week, I managed to stop the postman. I was asking him about it when my across the street neighbor walked up and handed me the missing pkg - she said "sorry, meant to bring this over sooner".

My number is 14143, hers is 14134......after she walked away the postman looked at me and said something that wasn't very nice. He wasn't happy with here for taking so long.

Maybe something similar happened with yours....
Old 10-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Technically yes,but if by some chance it was left on a porch or something and was stolen before the buyer got home,who's responsible?

That's why I always insure high dollar items.If it happened to be stolen from the buyer's property,who is to blame?Not the seller because he obviously shipped the item,not the USPS because they obviously delivered it,and surely not the buyer because he did nothing besides pay for the item.

Hopefully this isn't what happened,but if it is the first thing the USPS is gonna ask is if you paid for insurance.

On a side note,I have dealt with johnny boy and he is one of the best sellers I've ever dealt with.Hopefully it all gets sorted out.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by harry697
Technically yes,but if by some chance it was left on a porch or something and was stolen before the buyer got home,who's responsible?

That's why I always insure high dollar items.If it happened to be stolen from the buyer's property,who is to blame?Not the seller because he obviously shipped the item,not the USPS because they obviously delivered it,and surely not the buyer because he did nothing besides pay for the item.

Hopefully this isn't what happened,but if it is the first thing the USPS is gonna ask is if you paid for insurance.

On a side note,I have dealt with johnny boy and he is one of the best sellers I've ever dealt with.Hopefully it all gets sorted out.

thanks for the kind words.

this is one of the things I'm worried about because i did not get insurance and the buyer did not request it, and I was also going to get a signature confirmation but I forgot to do it after i already payed for the postage online..
Old 10-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

one of the bad things is that he did not request a signature confirmation# but I told him I would get one

What should I do if he cant find his package. honestly would you give a $400 refund if you sent it with just a delivery confirmation # and it says it was delivered?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny boy
one of the bad things is that he did not request a signature confirmation# but I told him I would get one

What should I do if he cant find his package. honestly would you give a $400 refund if you sent it with just a delivery confirmation # and it says it was delivered?
nope. says it was delivered, you did your part....
Old 10-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

This is a crappy situation. Best part is he's patient and you're being helpful. Unfortunately these things happen, everyone did their part. Hopefully insurance was involved. The post office should use more discretion when leaving packages on doorsteps, and if it has delivery confirmation, there should be some sort of way to verify the location it was delivered to. Good luck to the both of you.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by marooko
This is a crappy situation. Best part is he's patient and you're being helpful. Unfortunately these things happen, everyone did their part. Hopefully insurance was involved. The post office should use more discretion when leaving packages on doorsteps, and if it has delivery confirmation, there should be some sort of way to verify the location it was delivered to. Good luck to the both of you.
i agree. If he doesn't find it i think we should split 50/50. that is my opinion. wouldn't that be fair or should it all fall on me?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marooko
This is a crappy situation.

That's for sure.

I was in a similar situation not too long ago and I started questioning the whole insurance thing.How is it that you can give the USPS your expensive item,pay them money to take it to someone else,and if that doesn't happen for whatever reason or it's damaged in the process,the USPS can say "Well you didn't buy insurance,so it's not our problem.We are not responsible for the item you trusted us with nor the money you gave us to perform a service.".If someone brought their car to my shop,paid me for repairs and I accidentally burn their car to the ground,do you really think I could get away with telling them "Well you didn't pay for the optional insurance,so you're on your own"?No,I can't get away with that.That's why the shop has insurance,not the customer.

Sorry for the rant,but it just doesn't seem right to me.

Anyway,best of luck to both parties involved.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

YOU done your part! paypal will see the item/items is delivered.... if he files a claim they will find for you becuase of the tracking shows delivered. have the buyer check the nighbors house and check the post office.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Graphite07
YOU done your part! paypal will see the item/items is delivered.... if he files a claim they will find for you becuase of the tracking shows delivered. have the buyer check the nighbors house and check the post office.
i asked him to check the neighbors and around the house, and the post office. he said he will do so tomorrow.

i know i will win in paypal, but I'm worried about if he used a credit card and he try's to do a charge back.

i dont want to really win anything i want it to be fair both ways, but i will just have to wait and see how things go.

In all honesty i care about my feedback more than anything and dont think i should get a negative for this situation..
Old 10-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnny boy

i know i will win in paypal, but I'm worried about if he used a credit card and he try's to do a charge back.
Yep,that's the real problem.Paypal will side with you,but a CC company will side with their customer.I really think 50/50 is fair if worse comes to worst.At this point,you're both out $400 and that's not fair to either party.I still believe that it will turn up considering USPS claims it was delivered.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

so the guy filed with paypal as a unauthorized use of his account! cant believe this crap..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.