Community
Wiki Posts
Search

worried and maybe can use some info?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

lol he told you in a around about way who he is 25 pos feedback and he dealt with him before. look on page 6 of his feedback and thats the only guy with 25. yeah sorry to hear about that i guess that will teach us to put a sig confirmation on everything now
Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOUGHBOY
a moderator for this site should be able to fix that especially if you can send them the proof that you have..

Last I heard the mods will no longer change feedback.

I've only dealt with johnny boy once,but it was such a great transaction that I can safely say that he is 100% legit and he's getting bent over on this deal.

It's pretty much a given that you will receive a retalitory feedback from the buyer.It sucks because the buyer is obviously scamming and deserves to be called-out.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that there is some confusion relating to the use of the feedback function on the site. Further there is confusion on how to get feedback removed from your rating. So let me give an explanation of how this will work and has worked.

First off, the For Sale threads are AT YOUR OWN RISK. RCTech is not responsible for deals gone bad.

We are proactive in removing KNOWN scammers from the community once they are known to the moderation staff

Moderators from RCTech will NOT release information on users. the only information we have is an e-mail address and an ip address.

Now, How Trader Feedback can be edited.

Feedback that has been left in error, or when no deal was done can be removed by myself. or another Super Moderator.

Feedback that was left as retaliation can be removed by a Super Moderator with approval from myself. NOTE: the burden of proof is on the user to prove this was retaliatory in nature. all relevant information must be sent with the request for removal.

Any other Feedback will be looked at by myself on a case by case basis.

Remember, there are over 100,000 members of this forum. as much s we try, we cannot please everyone.

ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE MODERATION STAFF REGARDING FEEDBACK ARE FINAL.
its right at the top of the feedback page.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny boy
i asked him to check the neighbors and around the house, and the post office. he said he will do so tomorrow.

i know i will win in paypal, but I'm worried about if he used a credit card and he try's to do a charge back.

i dont want to really win anything i want it to be fair both ways, but i will just have to wait and see how things go.

In all honesty i care about my feedback more than anything and dont think i should get a negative for this situation..
I didn't read every page or post but unfortunately Johnny, you won't win Paypal. It says on their page, "signature required for items valued over $250 for seller protection." or something to that effect. Bottom line, if the package was not signed for, he will win.
This sucks, I'm truly sorry.

I know Johnny personally and is not only the best seller period (me included!) he has done more for the hobby, local racers, industry as a whole than any of the million dollar companies out there. I really hope this gets sorted out.

- J
Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

thanks for the kind words
Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i dint read all posts, what state does he live in?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by inferno13
i dint read all posts, what state does he live in?
los angelos california
Old 10-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnny boy
los angelos california
darn!!!! wish he lived in michigan!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

As others and you yourself have said, No signature confirmation on a $400 deal? Madness. Not trying to rub it in, but I just can't understand how you let it go out like that.

Having said that, I am sympathetic with your situation. Bottom line is, no one wants to be out money, and the buyer is not really up for working with you on finding a solution, rather taking the easier and somewhat deceitful way out.

But lets not all jump on the buyer as well. If he really didn't receive the package then he is no to blame as well for the package not turning up. None of this talk of paying him a visit and what not, please. =P

I would definitely try tracking the package myself, and informing the post office of it status, and to alert you if it is indeed found and delivered, later on.

Also, if paypal hasn't resolved yet, give them as much information as you can regarding the situation, proof of postage, even this thread, don't give up on it. If they do rule against you, it sucks, but the package still might turn up, and they buyer might refund you, so don't burn all your bridges yet.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The buyer didn't file a "item not received claim" he filed a unathorized payment claim, as in he never authorized the payment. So this is a little different than hopeing that it shows up.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mazdaprotege4
The buyer didn't file a "item not received claim" he filed a unathorized payment claim, as in he never authorized the payment. So this is a little different than hopeing that it shows up.
exactly. This is what has me more upset than losing out on $400
Old 10-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Chances are he got the package and is trying to get his money back to which is why he filled the claim that way. When they contact u all u have to do is give his cc company or paypal all the info u have . Good Luck
Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

if I were you I would CALL paypal and tell them the situtation..with him saying this was a unathorized payment claim seems like something against the law IMO...good luck keep us posted on the turd.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Suspended

no one lives in cali to help this poor guy out? man.....wish he lived close to me, i like showing up at someones door step and seeing him pee all over himself!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
no one lives in cali to help this poor guy out? man.....wish he lived close to me, i like showing up at someones door step and seeing him pee all over himself!!!!!!!
No offense, but if someone shows up at my door unannounced and starts making threats, that's where the police will collect a body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.