Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me! >

Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
Ok so now I have to defend my self.
I am EXTREMELY pissed off right now so I will try and keep this clean and try not to personally attack you.

First off who the He$$ do you think you are to call me a LIAR!!
That is a personal attack to my dignity!
I DID take that motor apart and I DID have the engine up and running.
How do I know you didn't lock it up and get dirt in it your self?
As described in the PM "The Red engine was run about 3 weeks ago and ran great. Not sure about the Blue one It does have good compression though and is clean." and as stated in my post and this is what I was told by my friend "I is about 3 months old and runs strong"

Marcos has personally done deals with me in the past and knows I sell top notch stuff!

Yes this was for a friend so how am I supposed to be 100% certain of the condition of the engine. That is exactly why I described it like I did!

Now it seems like you have all day to be on RC Tech bashing me.
You have now threatened me by saying "Here's the deal....If I don't get a $50 dollar refund for the bad engine, I'm filing a claim with paypal and leaving you negative feedback. Your choice..."
I take it you tried to submit a claim through paypal and just like they have told me in the past when I have had issues. Paypal does not cover the "condition" of goods. So now you have decided to bash me on all my threads and open up this thread.

I guess now I will have to take apart every engine I sell so that I defend my self from scum like you.
I figured that's what I figured you would say...lol.

here is a screenshot of the PM's we had. At the top, note when I first asked about the engine being junk, he replied with---Sorry about that, it was his friends, he was just taking his friends word for it, didn't know much about it etc....

Then, after I questioned him some more, he comes right back with---I took it a part myself, I know it was good, etc....lol!!!

Ya, make up your mind! Did you just take your friends word for it, or did you look at it yourself....which is it gonna be, Fred???

Oh brother!
Attached Thumbnails Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me!-screenshot1.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM

He has also now attacked every for sale thread I have going.
You darn right I have, I want EVERYONE to know that you lied to me and your great feedback doesn't tell the whole story about you on here.

Sorry, Fred, but the truth hurts sometimes.

Oh, and thanks for the bogus feedback!!

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I have contacted Marcos about this and I will no longer be replying to this or any other threads on this matter.

You have the right to contact paypal and let them decide. I will abide by there decision. That is why we use paypal.

You have now threatened me and publicly verbally attacked me. I suggest you stop now or I will have to take legal action against you.

Thank you and good by.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:23 PM

Ok so now I have to defend my self.
I am EXTREMELY pissed off right now so I will try and keep this clean and try not to personally attack you.

Yes this was for a friend so how am I supposed to be 100% certain of the condition of the engine. That is exactly why I described it like I did!
You mean where you described it in this thread???

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-2-roller.html

YOU are p'd off??? How do you think I feel sittin here with a junk engine that you called good? Hmmm

I guess now you know how I feel, huh?

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM

I have contacted Marcos about this and I will no longer be replying to this or any other threads on this matter.

You have the right to contact paypal and let them decide. I will abide by there decision. That is why we use paypal.

You have now threatened me and publicly verbally attacked me. I suggest you stop now or I will have to take legal action against you.

Thank you and good by.
Oh brother....

Oh, and the last time I checked, this is what the feedback forum is for. Talking about good transactions, and letting people know when you get ripped off.

And threatened you? When have I threatened you???
Old 05-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry just one photo that proves I ran the engine. There is still fuel in the fuel line!
Attached Thumbnails Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me!-p4250818.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Sorry just one photo that proves I ran the engine. There is still fuel in the fuel line!
Really?? So fuel will evaporate from a fuel line if it sits for a while?? I rather doubt it. Nice try though...lol.

And ya, there was fuel, rust, and dirt in the engine too, but it obviously hadn't been ran for quite some time.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Really?? So fuel will evaporate from a fuel line if it sits for a while?? I rather doubt it. Nice try though...lol.

And ya, there was fuel, rust, and dirt in the engine too, but it obviously hadn't been ran for quite some time.
OMG! This picture was taken right after I ran it!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:05 PM

OMG! This picture was taken right after I ran it!

Of course it was...

The pics of the inside of the engine show otherwise.

You never did answer my questions, Fred.

In your first response to my PM saying that the engine was junk, you said that you were--sorry about that--you just went off what your friend told you--you didn't know much about it--sorry for my bad luck--etc...

But then in your very next PM, you stated that you had taken it apart for yourself and it was fine....??? Which is it, Fred? Did you just take your friends word for it, or did you take it apart yourself? And why would you apologize for an engine that was bad, if you had taken it apart and knew it was good?

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Of course it was...

The pics of the inside of the engine show otherwise.

You never did answer my questions, Fred.

In your first response to my PM saying that the engine was junk, you said that you were--sorry about that--you just went off what your friend told you--you didn't know much about it--sorry for my bad luck--etc...

But then in your very next PM, you stated that you had taken it apart for yourself and it was fine....??? Which is it, Fred? Did you just take your friends word for it, or did you take it apart yourself? And why would you apologize for an engine that was bad, if you had taken it apart and knew it was good?

Brad
Look i have better things to do than sit here and defend my self when I did nothing wrong.

CONTACT PAYPAL!

Good night!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Look i have better things to do than sit here and defend my self when I did nothing wrong.

CONTACT PAYPAL!

Good night!
Yip...don't answer the questions and just run away, Fred. Just like you did in the PM's.....

It doesn't change the fact that I have a junk engine here that you called great.

You and I both know that paypal won't do a darn thing for me. So it's no skin off your nose...except everyone now knows that you don't always describe accurately what you sell. And when you are asked to make it right, you accuse the buyer of being dishonest and leave bogus, retaliatory feedback.

Really sad....

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hello All..Many or most of u Don't know me but i am the owner of Trax70..An i am a close friend of Fred Perkins...Most of u all know Fred from racing an he helps everybody out NO MATTER what the problem is.....Sorry but i really doubt that Fred sold u a motor that had dirt in it.....Anything Fred sold to me or people at my track NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS......An to have luck with his feedback i Don't think so....Feedback says it ALL.......I am not going to get in a debate here about Brad or Fred... I am here posting for Fred's integrity...An far as i am concerned Fred is a stand up guy........
Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by HBSEARS
Hello All..Many or most of u Don't know me but i am the owner of Trax70..An i am a close friend of Fred Perkins...Most of u all know Fred from racing an he helps everybody out NO MATTER what the problem is.....Sorry but i really doubt that Fred sold u a motor that had dirt in it.....Anything Fred sold to me or people at my track NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS......An to have luck with his feedback i Don't think so....Feedback says it ALL.......I am not going to get in a debate here about Brad or Fred... I am here posting for Fred's integrity...An far as i am concerned Fred is a stand up guy........
Hello, Sir;

I'm glad you are good friends with Fred, and I'm sure he may have helped out many people, but that doesn't change the fact I am stuck with the junk engine he sold me. And feedback is just that...feedback. And I am giving him my honest feedback, so mine weighs just as much as his previous.

You say you are not debating Brad or Fred, but by saying that you really doubt he sold me a junk engine, is the same as calling me a liar. So, in essence, you ARE debating Brad and Fred by saying that I am not telling the truth.
So, think all you want of Fred and his 'integrity', but you might ask yourself why he won't answer my questions about his PM responses before you bet the farm on him. My opinion is, he has no integrity...at least with this sale.

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I know fred also, great guy. really knows his stuff when it comes to rc, racing, etc and the list goes on. I know for a fact that fred doesnt keep his assortment of cars in this condition. I dont know the entirety of the story, but it could be a fluke. as i have never seen fred run a 1/10th scale 2wd at the track we race at..

I know that hes a top shelf gentleman and wouldnt ever deliberately do what is shown here on purpose...

Ben White
Old 05-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

LOL @ thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.