Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
dont pm someone if u dont want the item >

dont pm someone if u dont want the item

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dont pm someone if u dont want the item

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default dont pm someone if u dont want the item

dont u just love how ppl send u message after message about ur items forsale and then they decide they dont want it or they dont have the money... DONT PM SOMEONE IF U DONT WANT THE ITEM OR HAVE NO INTENTIONS ON BUYING...IT MAKES ALL SELLERS MAD
Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)

Some people do want to find out any other information about things before they buy it.If they say they are going to buy it then yes that makes people mad when they don't.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

when some one PM'S me about a item i am selling,i pass info along and PP info.if they do not pay with in 24 hours, i move on to the next buyer.i never put sold or deal pending. becuase you never know when some one is going back out of the deal.no need to get mad. well thats the Difference between a kid & adult.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I agree with the no money thing; don't go shopping if you're broke. But PM about the items. When you're selling used items that you can't inspect in your hands, questions ARE required. But if they decide NOT to buy, or you decide NOT to sell, that should be relayed and not left hanging.

Communication IS key during internet trading.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is a good topic.
If you PM asking a few questions about the item then it is justified. If the seller has problems with questions being asked, then they should not be selling over the internet.
What about when the buyer asks to see some clear photos of the item? If the seller has posted blurry photos and has no mention of the items' condition, then the buyer has every right to ask for clear photos sent to them.

Onto another related, topic...... Paypal delays.
In Canada it takes 6 - 8 business days to add funds to paypal. If the seller refuses to wait for the funds to be cleared, is that any reason to start saying the buyer is a time waster and proceed to slander the buyer?

I was trying to do a favour to the seller by adding $5 to my paypal to bring it up to the amount he was wanting (which was higher than the amount he'd posted in his ad). If I sent an e-check, or paid it on my credit card, he'd have had to pay the fee. I was saving him that fee. Somehow, a delay that is completely out of my control renders me a harassing joker who is stringing him along.
Ai ai ai ai ai. If sellers don't like a few basic questions being asked, then that's their problem. It's better to walk away and save the money.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by DBarnes007
dont u just love how ppl send u message after message about ur items forsale and then they decide they dont want it or they dont have the money... DONT PM SOMEONE IF U DONT WANT THE ITEM OR HAVE NO INTENTIONS ON BUYING...IT MAKES ALL SELLERS MAD
47 posts and 2 feedbacks and already complaining, you are a newbie here, have to deal with the people if you want to sell here. if you dont want to deal with the hassels, dont sell, end of conversation! there will always be the ones that waste your time, that will never change.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

You will get tire kickers on almost every deal. You can either get angry ... or just deal with it. One is better than the other

That's why when you put stuff up for sale, you include as much information as possible, and lots of pics! This precludes people from PM'ing about all sorts of inane questions. Plus if someone is really pissing you off with silly PM's, you can always just ignore them. XD

Anyway, we've all "kicked tires", it's human nature, fact of life. Just accept it as part of selling something. Your doctor will thank you.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 PM
MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by DBarnes007
When you sell something, use that money to buy a spelling dictionary.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default PMs

Sounds as if someone has PMs.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I'm sure anyone that contacts you about your item has the intention on buying one sooner or later. Those people never bother me one bit.

On the other hand, if you PM me asking me to hold something, or tell me a money order is on the way (clod fan 101), and I PM you 3 days later asking if you sent the M.O. and then you tell me you change your mind, that pisses me off.

But again, people just sending you a few PM's asking about what you're selling, or price questions doesn't bother me, even if they just stop talking to me, I normally will send them a message after a few days asking if they're still interested or not.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

David,

I have not gotten a response from you. I have PM'd you, I have emailed you, and posted in your for sale thread.

We need to resolve this issue. You sent me the wrong motor. You sent me a Novak 4.5 motor.

Where is my Tekin 10.5 motor? If you don’t have it, I need a refund of $60 to my PayPal account.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Buyers get mad when you send them the wrong product as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Not just once. He sent the wrong motor to the wrong person twice!
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

^ Seems like fate.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

David,

Please respond. Where is my Tekin 10.5 motor? I have no problem sending you back the Novak 4.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.