Wiki Posts
Search

What would you tell this person

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Refer him to this entire video series.

They're ok for a beginner and he can watch them step by step.

If he doesn't get it after that he's on his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ownAV0MEtCw
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Paypal

I don't think you should contact paypal first. The only way they are going to refund the money is if he didn't receive the product. This kid is apparently a freakin moron. I have only been in nitro for about 8 months. This forum has been more than supportive with my questions. I think you have done more than you should have. Don't refund the kid a penny!!! I also say cut the kid off and let him figure it out by himself.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chewie219
I don't think you should contact paypal first. The only way they are going to refund the money is if he didn't receive the product. This kid is apparently a freakin moron. I have only been in nitro for about 8 months. This forum has been more than supportive with my questions. I think you have done more than you should have. Don't refund the kid a penny!!! I also say cut the kid off and let him figure it out by himself.
+1
Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My own opinion as a fairly newbie is that it sounds like you have done more than enough, he needs to do as I did, go to local track and watch for a little, then he will see who the "helpful" guys are.
Make friends and ask for help (not during racing).
I have made many friends and learnt a bucket load.
Even to the point where I am confident of tuning etc and starting to play with chassis setups.

He should also join forums and ask and read.

It may be just me but it sounds like the guy/kid is the type that is spoilt and needs to be spoon fed.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

He's got 3 options

I would put it to him like this :-

A. Get online and learn about nitro like the rest of us did.
B. Go to a local hobby shop and get help off them (beware of rogue hobby shops)lol
C. Send it back to you for you to have a look at for him with return postage paid by him.

I would try and promote option C as I've been in similar situations myself with my old RC company and although it takes a bit of your time, you can see and guage for yourself what the exact problem is and fix it. If he takes it to a shop, they may tell him it's junk and do there best to sell him something else which in turn discredits you to him.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well first off ignorance is the common denominator when dealing with people. Secondly, this is a capitalistic soceity and you get what you pay for and by the looks of the pictures a pretty good deal. Third, he needs to google it instead of hassle you. Finally, all as is purchases are final and this is now his problem.

I hate to sound harsh but you have gone about and beyond your obligations as a seller and nothing more should be asked of you. He needs to take the CRT.5 and his attitude elsewhere, maybe an LHS?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LordAnubis
Tell him to go to his local hobby shop. You are a second hand seller, you offer no after sales support. If he wants support he should go to the shop.
I agree, you sold him completely new items. It' s not like you were on the R&D team for all of the RC items he bought. If he plans to enter the hobby, he needs to use his local resources.

Maybe you should send him a head extraction tool Just my two cents
Old 04-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you people are mean. I had all kinds of problems when i started rc. There is nothing i cannot do now, but it took a while and ALOT of questions. And at times yes they were stupid, but i was not afraid to ask them because i could give a rats a$$ what anyone thinks.

Don't ask questions and save your face. Ask questions and save your a$$!!!

I would actually like to help him if i knew how to get in contact with him.

To clue you in on how bad it was when i started. It took me quite a while just to figure out how to start the darn thing. And i am 34 years old and a electrician/instumentation/pipe fitter/welder/boilermaker.

some of you need to give some people a break. I am by no means saying refund him. Absolutley not. But a little help would not hurt. You could point him to this forrum where he can ask all the questions he wants

How soon we forget what it is like to be a newb.

The only thing i hate about this hobby of toy cars is people that sit on a high horse. And i was floored with how many there really are.

Take a minute man. After all, you did sell it to a kid

well this is just me. I go out of my way to help people in this hobby because so many helped me. even when i :

froze my pipe and split it.

ran my car into a lake

put my piston in backwards

etc etc.

refer him to me and i will help anyway i can.

[email protected]
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

It's not really a question of being mean. I'm sure most of us here like to help out newbies, and the OP has certainly done more on his part than he is obliged to.

He's been helping this guy out for three weeks, have to cut the cord somewhere. You can't provide lifetime support for everything you sell. lol

More to the point is ... I like to help out people who are polite and that are enjoyable to talk to, as do most people I assume. The buyer does not seem like one of those. I'm sure this whole thing wouldn't be a problem if he just tried not being such a tool?

Anyway, to the OP, just cut the cord bro. Tell him it's a new kit, you've helped him out enough and point him to the nearest LHS or whatever. Be nice but firm.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Just let the little bastard figure it out on his own, that's the only way he will ever learn anything. If he's that much of a noob, he should have purchased a traxxas or a duratrax from his LHS
Old 04-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
you people are mean. I had all kinds of problems when i started rc. There is nothing i cannot do now, but it took a while and ALOT of questions. And at times yes they were stupid, but i was not afraid to ask them because i could give a rats a$$ what anyone thinks.

Don't ask questions and save your face. Ask questions and save your a$$!!!

I would actually like to help him if i knew how to get in contact with him.

To clue you in on how bad it was when i started. It took me quite a while just to figure out how to start the darn thing. And i am 34 years old and a electrician/instumentation/pipe fitter/welder/boilermaker.

some of you need to give some people a break. I am by no means saying refund him. Absolutley not. But a little help would not hurt. You could point him to this forrum where he can ask all the questions he wants

How soon we forget what it is like to be a newb.

The only thing i hate about this hobby of toy cars is people that sit on a high horse. And i was floored with how many there really are.

Take a minute man. After all, you did sell it to a kid

well this is just me. I go out of my way to help people in this hobby because so many helped me. even when i :

froze my pipe and split it.

ran my car into a lake

put my piston in backwards

etc etc.

refer him to me and i will help anyway i can.

[email protected]

I agree with you 100%...lets not forget we were all new once..
Old 04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Again, this isn't anything about being a newb.

If you think this is the proper way to ask for help -

THE BUYER
I havnet been able to drive this peice of shit yet!!!!!! I let the engine idle thruogh three tanks and thing does not move !!! I suggest you should join a forum and learn not to put out garbage!!!!! you better come up with some answers for me or we gonna have a problem, and i dont like problems !!!!! I am about to send this peice of s#!t back , I was told it was RTR and I am ready to break it over someones head !!!!! help me out !!!!! I should of bought new I always get screwed, we need to figure this out or you gonna be out 235.00 I am willing to work with you just get back to me. -

Then I'm sorry, but you're off your rocker.

These forums are plenty helpful, I learned a lot from here and other forums when I was starting out. Nothing wrong with asking questions, or asking for help, it should be obvious that, that isn't the point?

You can ask all the questions you want, just don't expect the help to come pouring in if you choose to be an obnoxious prat. Funny how that is, isn't it? lol
Old 04-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSavant
Again, this isn't anything about being a newb.

If you think this is the proper way to ask for help -

THE BUYER
I havnet been able to drive this peice of shit yet!!!!!! I let the engine idle thruogh three tanks and thing does not move !!! I suggest you should join a forum and learn not to put out garbage!!!!! you better come up with some answers for me or we gonna have a problem, and i dont like problems !!!!! I am about to send this peice of s#!t back , I was told it was RTR and I am ready to break it over someones head !!!!! help me out !!!!! I should of bought new I always get screwed, we need to figure this out or you gonna be out 235.00 I am willing to work with you just get back to me. -

Then I'm sorry, but you're off your rocker.

These forums are plenty helpful, I learned a lot from here and other forums when I was starting out. Nothing wrong with asking questions, or asking for help, it should be obvious that, that isn't the point?

You can ask all the questions you want, just don't expect the help to come pouring in if you choose to be an obnoxious prat. Funny how that is, isn't it? lol
Yes sir, thats true, theres nothing wrong with good old fashioned manners. He's probably never been taught any.