Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
RIPOFF REPORT: JERRY TURNER aka jtee12 ASHLEY OH >

RIPOFF REPORT: JERRY TURNER aka jtee12 ASHLEY OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RIPOFF REPORT: JERRY TURNER aka jtee12 ASHLEY OH

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default RIPOFF REPORT: JERRY TURNER aka jtee12 ASHLEY OH

Hey All,

Sad to say but it finally happened to me! This dirtbag stiffed me:

Jerry Turner (jtee12)

I responded to his ad and agreed to trade him two brand new Lipo's for his rtr Wheely King and a new Associated esc on the 15th. We agreed to both ship next day and forward tracking numbers. I held up my end of the bargain and shipped my batteries the next morning and sent him the USPS tracking number 03091140000017327017.
Label/Receipt Number: 0309 1140 0000 1732 7017
Class: Priority MailŪ
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 12:36 PM on February 18, 2010 in ASHLEY, OH 43003.
Detailed Results:

Delivered, February 18, 2010, 12:36 pm, ASHLEY, OH 43003
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, February 18, 2010, 9:24 am, ASHLEY, OH 43003

He ignored all my pm's and emails, never sent me a tracking number and of course I never received the items promised.

This crap has to stop, these scumbags need to be taught a lesson. I bet this lowlife wouldn't have the nerve to take those damn batteries out of my hand like a man! I work very hard on here, Ebay and many other forums to keep my feedback outstanding and never do business with people that have no feedback or negative feedback. I always require a picture, thought I was a pretty savvy trader and I will NOT let this piece of garbage get away with what he thinks he has.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED FROM A FELLOW HONORABLE TRADER/RC'er

This is his original thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-king-rtr.html

Salt in the wound: he logged on the day after he received the batts

MODERATORS: Please do not delete, if I need to remove something or adjust wording just let me know and it will be done.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 02-26-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: no personal info
Old 02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I left him a sweet message regarding the consequences of mail fraud. I'd contact his local PD and report the crime. Sorry you got burned, but hopefully it works itself out.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

I contacted his local authorities. They require me to file the complaint with my local P.D. and then it will be forwarded to them. I am going out of town for the weekend, so I will take care of that on Monday.

Thanks for your support.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smizzaz
I left him a sweet message regarding the consequences of mail fraud. I'd contact his local PD and report the crime. Sorry you got burned, but hopefully it works itself out.
+1 I hope you get this guy, no more scumbags! They make me sick @ my stomach...
Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Best of luck. If I still lived on the east coast I'd road trip with you. This kind of BS is unacceptable.

Police departments usually don't give an "S" about "small time" things like this. But the to average, working Joe, this isn't chump change. People not doing anything about it just gives a big "Okay" to people that do this kind of crap. It needs to stop and people need to be taught a lesson!!

And I'm one of the guys that's on here everyday, checking for tracking numbers and PM's. lol. I feel bad that I've been lagging on two guys I'm gonna donate stuff to. "DONATE!" I'd probably turn myself in, if for some crazy reason I ever scammed some one. And I couldn't be mad if I had a knock on the door, opened it and got dropped.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

My sentiments exactly! I'm a contractor and can easily take a few days off for a road trip to Ohio. Yes, the gas and time will cost me far more than I lost, but it is principal that will have me heading westward!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default scammer

Just follow up after you file a report. Mail fraud is actually taken really seriously. You never know. You may catch an officer on a good day that will help you resolve your issue. Hope you get your stuff back. Most times these guys are scamming on multiple levels and using other peoples homes which makes it all the more important for authorities to follow up. I would say don't let it go.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That sucks buddy I am sorry to hear that. It only takes a few D-Bags to ruin a good thing. I hope you get everything worked out in your favor. I wonder if he would be pissed if we started sending him hate mail.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

i my self have never been taken buy a seller with no feed back its always the ones with 9 or more good but i hope you nail him to the wall its guys like this that make it hard to get are ratings up when we start out but i dont blame anyone one bit for not buying anything from someone with no feedback its a risk and it seems these day it happens more and more from guys you should be able to trust so go get him and dont stop till you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

I talked with paypal the other day over an issue. They told me that they can only resolve issues that were dealt w/ over ebay or did not ship. However, they sent me to a link where you can file stuff from home.
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
If you have time to stop by the local police station then that would likely be the best way to do stuff though.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Thumbs up DIRT BAG!!!!!!

I am not certain you can get him for mail fraud, because he did not mail anything. Although you could possibly get him for internet fraud, because I believe it is a FED offense. The best thing to do is google him, with his name & user name and see what pops up. If he's on other sites, let everyone there know what kind of a dirt bag he is. Stay on him, and just be persistant. This is why when trading I won't do the whole ship at the same time thing. I always make them ship first. It's a damn shame that you just can't trust people anymore. I hate to say it, but most are wolves in sheeps clothing. Stay on it and I will try and help you out as much as I can, and see what kind of dirt I can find on this guy. It sucks, but stay positive and keep your head up, not everyone is like that. Take Care, J
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

That sux . Sorry about your experience . The guy is an a$$hole . I bought a car from a guy on DODC and we became friends I talk to him on the phone at least once a week .
Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for all your support and camaraderie fellas. I will not let this go. Do I have better things to do with my time.... yes, but I will make an example of this fool. I know it's cliche, but he truly has no idea who he's messed with.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Agreed 100 times. I hate a dam scammer!!! I made a deal right before christmas with a trade. He kept telling me to ship first, so I did, and will never do again. I usually make a trade shipping at the same time, with conf numbers of course. anyways didn't hear from him, wouldn't answer my calls or emails... about 2 weeks later I get a text from him saying that I sent him a pos truck!!!! Well, to my better judgement I told him to just send it back to me. Well about 3 weeks later, and many emails/text messages, I got it back. The axle was bent and esc was basically fried!!!! When I sent it to him none of that was bad. It needed servos when I shipped it to him and that was it, he was told about the servos before hand also! So now i'm out of an axle, dynamite esc and 20 bucks shipping it to him!

Moral of my little story is if they keep telling you to ship first, not at the same time, there is probably a reason for that. Not that everyone is out there to get you but I did learn my lesson. Good luck and I hope everything works out.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bad,

This is what you need to do:

1. Make copies of all correspondence between you and the seller (ie: PMs, emails, etc)

2. Since you used the US Post Office, take that info along with the Priority Mail info and request to speak to the Postmaster of the post office you mailed the stuff from

This is what the Post Office considers as mail fraud and it is a federal offense (and they can and will pursue it unlike local law enforcement regardless of the amount of the transaction). If the Postmaster moves your request forward, the seller, jtee12, will be getting a knock on the door from a couple of Postal Inspectors laying out what will happen to him (I think they give him one chance to rectify the situation before further legal action is taken). Don't delay getting with the Postmaster of your local post office and pursuing this matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.