Search

What Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default What Feedback?

Should I leave negative feedback?
I just completed a deal with a current user with a good rating. I bought a kit from him and we messaged several times and even talked on the phone. He did send me the kit and everything that was included. The problem is that he did not even get close to an accurate description.

I will have to spend more than $100 to replace parts that were broken on the kit. The kit was in sad condition and broken in several places. I can fix it but like I said he never told me about any of it. In fact he told me on the phone that it was in such good condition that he had never even broken a shock tower (carbon Fiber) when in fact it was broken when I got it. The damage was not done in the mail because the box and packaging was good.

After we messaged and talked on the phone about it several times he tells me that he never said it was a new kit. He said that I still got a good deal for the money. I sent him pictures of the damage he he told me that as a "pro" racer that he claims to be that this damage was normal of a 6 month old kit because he "races hard".
My issue is that he did not tell me about the damage. I told him last time we talked that he should send me the parts to fix what I was not told about (and I did ask before buying). I also told him to send me the stuff or dont, that I was done going over it with him. We never really agreed and he said he would send me some stuff but, no contact or package yet.
Negative or not???
Old 12-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Did he send you good pics of the car? The bad thing about buying used cars is that one persons idea of mint condition might be someone elses idea of a descent car. If the seller was a "PRO" racer like he said then he knew these problems were there. A PRO racer knows his cars better than his wife.

I think you are well within your rights to ask him to send you replacement parts. Whether he does or not is a different story.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

[QUOTE=hairdog; If the seller was a "PRO" racer like he said then he knew these problems were there. A PRO racer knows his cars better than his wife.

lol....
Old 12-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

if he's not willing to make it right then yeah neg feedback
Old 12-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxsMike03
if he's not willing to make it right then yeah neg feedback
+1
Old 12-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

maybe the seller will refund you and ship it back to him.or file thru paypal not as Described. and you want $$$ so much back to close the paypal dispute.if not NEGATIVE feedback is worth a 1000 words on here.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

He sent me a couple of pics he took with his cell phone. They were not good enough to see the damage. The pics were of the car fully assembled and even still had his electronics on it. When I took screws out to start cleaning the kit, I noticed more parts come of in pieces. He has good trader feedback though so I trusted that it was safe to buy it even though the pics kinda sucked. No "PRO" I ever heard of would have a kit in this kind of condition.

Originally Posted by hairdog
Did he send you good pics of the car? The bad thing about buying used cars is that one persons idea of mint condition might be someone elses idea of a descent car. If the seller was a "PRO" racer like he said then he knew these problems were there. A PRO racer knows his cars better than his wife.

I think you are well within your rights to ask him to send you replacement parts. Whether he does or not is a different story.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If he didn't specifically tell you that stuff was broken, yes- you should definitely leave him negative feedback (unless he is willing to do the right thing). If he would have told you that some things needed to be replaced, that would be a different story, but he also should have told you what kinds of things.

Last edited by Jackster; 12-21-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Originally Posted by Jackster
If he didn't specifically tell you that stuff was broken, yes- you should definitely leave him negative feedback. If he would have told you that some things needed to be replaced, that would be a different story, but he also should have told you what kinds of things.
+1
Old 12-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Wear and tear items are one thing (scratches on the chassis, outdrive cups a little worn, bent a-arm pins, etc...), but for you to get a car that has completely broken parts is a whole other story.

The broken items should have been CLEARLY spelled out in the listing, and good pictures should have been taken. It's one thing for a buyer to ask questions about an item, but it's a bit excessive to expect them to ask for a list of all items that are broken on a potential purchase. A reputable seller would have spelled this out in advance because it could have a significant impact on the selling price, and/or buyer interest. Perhaps that's why he didn't do it in the first place.

If the seller will not either; 1.) provide replacements for the broken parts (only broken ones, not those with just wear), 2.) refund a portion of the purchase price so that you can buy those components yourself, or 3.) issue a complete refund and have you ship the car back, he deserves negative feedback.

Depending on the severity and number of broken components, it may be wise to file a Paypal dispute, get a refund, and ship the car back anyway. If there were that many broken parts on the car, and the seller felt that it was "normal of a 6 month old kit because he "races hard", I'd be really nervous about the amount of life that's left in it.....

Just my .02 cents though...
Old 12-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

i can understand maybe him missing that a plastic piece was cracked or something, even if he is a pro. but it sounds like in this case you got a worn out vehicle and like stubbs said i would be real nervous about how much life is left in it! if nothing is done to help rectify the situation definately leave negative feedback. as far as sending it back i dont know if i would go there or not, it opens up alot of doors for some "it came back worse than i sent it" crap. your just gonna have to decide if its worth fixing or just try to sell it "accurately described" and salvage what you can. just my thoughts.

at any rate, buying on here seems to be becoming a risky business. always cover your butt, and pay with a credit card if possible, because paypal is not on your side!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the comments racers. I am just looking to be fair so that is why I ask your opinions. Your comments help me to better understand how trading is done here on the Tech forums. Thanks again, Randy
Old 12-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It should really be a lot less painful. If people cared more, they would ensure that proper steps were taken to ensure smooth transactions. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Who is it? I would be upset too if I bought something on here and it arrived with pieces being broken that were not described. Save someone else the trouble of buying something like this from someone
Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Sawyers
In fact he told me on the phone that it was in such good condition that he had never even broken a shock tower (carbon Fiber) when in fact it was broken when I got it.
im sorry but i was drinking milk when i read this and now its all over my keyboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.