Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question for you all...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Somethings a little strange here... I've filled a few complaints (4) with PayPal in the past year (as a buyer) $50 items with $15 shipping. PP always sidded with me, "but" informed me that I was only intitled to the cost of the item... not the shipping! So it would cost me $30 (shipping both ways)... for nothing... that was a $50 item.

Wonder if PP is telling the buyer he is only intitled to the $162??

Even after that, I wouldn't get a refund till the seller checked it out... and he/they could say I caused it... and I'd be out everything.... They already lied so, all I could do is eat it... use what parts were good and leave negitive feedback.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Somethings a little strange here... I've filled a few complaints (4) with PayPal in the past year (as a buyer) $50 items with $15 shipping. PP always sidded with me, "but" informed me that I was only intitled to the cost of the item... not the shipping! So it would cost me $30 (shipping both ways)... for nothing... that was a $50 item.

Wonder if PP is telling the buyer he is only intitled to the $162??

Even after that, I wouldn't get a refund till the seller checked it out... and he/they could say I caused it... and I'd be out everything.... They already lied so, all I could do is eat it... use what parts were good and leave negitive feedback.
You are not the first person I heard that from...
I have heard that exact same story about how the buyer only receives the listing amount.

Although I am sure paypal is company on the Up and Up... Right...
Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Buyer was given until today to initiate return shipment to me...
At 5pm I got the email with UPS tracking, now all I have to do is wonder what I will get back. Considering paypal gave the guy 10 fricking days to ship the car back to me, kinda like a "try it before you buy it" period...

I am still dumbfounded that paypal sided with this T00L.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Complete and utter horsesh1t. I can't believe that paypal sided with him and hosed you. I thought you talked to eBay and they said he didn't have a leg to stand on?

I just hope you get exactly what you sent him back. Hopefully he isn't some dirtbag that swaps parts or broke it out of spite.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

I spoke to both ebay and paypal prior to him actually filing a dispute to get an idea of how a dispute would work. They both told me that after reading the listing and what I had to say that the dispute would likely be dismissed shortly after him filing it.

Of course neither ebay or paypal will admit such a statement after deciding in his favor.

lol... just amazing.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I'd almost bet he initiated a chargeback via his credit card--something PayPal have no protection (themselves) against. Their BEST case scenario (again, to THEIR view) is, then, if they can get you to buy it back which is really what the credit card company would prefer too.

Sucks though that jacka$$e$ like that are allowed to live and breath, much less create obligations for others on e-Bay, etc.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

I am going to push the issue with Ebay about them telling me how he didn't have a leg to stand on... I am pissed off about the whole ordeal anyhow.

Considering this T00L waits until the very last minute to return the item is absolutely rediculous. Just tying up paypal funds and facking me out of shipping cost.

Good thing is I am pretty sure I have a local buyer if the car comes back in the same shape it left. Really... I am skeptical about this 100%.

Very VERY easy to swap a dead engine for the good engine that was on the car... Then what... I have to deal with paypal more...Awesome...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Sounds like a real case of buyer's remorse. Man I hope you get it back the way you sent it and not thrashed. I hate hearing things like this. Ebay is going down the drain anymore. Thanks for sharing his ebay ID though, I added him to my blocked bidder list.

You need to get 10-15 guys to buy his cheap 7.99 knives he sells and leave him bad feedback. He can't reciprocate and leave them bad feedback. Also mark his DSR stars at zero. That will screw his eyeballs out. The only problem with that plan is he'd still get some cash, unless everyone filed paypal claims and sent them all back because he didn't send a sharpening stone or some bogus reason like that, but his ratings would go down. If they went down far enough, his account could be suspended. At the very least, everyone could get a cheap knife for their pitbox, lol.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

Well let me tell you all this as it has happened to many others thousands even...
If you as a seller send an item out no matter what it is ,, family dog or hope diamond and their in perfect condition when the buyer gets it and an armored truck even delivers the item to him and they even guard those items for the buyer and OUT OF WELL I"M BORED the buyer files a claim with paypal and claims "not as described" paypal is now awarding those claims 110% right from jump with no questions or response from seller. And if you get a box empty with no GT paypal still gives the buyer your money and they will tell you they will do nothing for you and it's a matter to take up with your police. I went through this for weeks with paypal and that is what the employee from paypal told me. So sellers paypal is now all for the buyer and to the people who list things to pay their paychecks F..K U!!! I got screwed the same way so it is not just you their getting.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

Thank for the input...
Package is due for arrival today in a few hours... I will be opening it with the UPS driver standing there, just to prevent it from being 12lbs of bricks..lol.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Item returned today minus the fuel filter and fuel lines I shipped seperately to him.. Figures..

So I did the next best thing. Filed an appeal for not receiving everything back that I sent him.

What ticked me off to day was that paypal actually charged me fee's to refund money to this donk. $5.88 to REFUND HIS MONEY... WTF..

I just wish there was an alternative company to compete with paypal.

Talk about a Monopoly.

Last edited by _Hier_; 08-07-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harjo
Sounds like a real case of buyer's remorse. Man I hope you get it back the way you sent it and not thrashed. I hate hearing things like this. Ebay is going down the drain anymore. Thanks for sharing his ebay ID though, I added him to my blocked bidder list.

You need to get 10-15 guys to buy his cheap 7.99 knives he sells and leave him bad feedback. He can't reciprocate and leave them bad feedback. Also mark his DSR stars at zero. That will screw his eyeballs out. The only problem with that plan is he'd still get some cash, unless everyone filed paypal claims and sent them all back because he didn't send a sharpening stone or some bogus reason like that, but his ratings would go down. If they went down far enough, his account could be suspended. At the very least, everyone could get a cheap knife for their pitbox, lol.
I'm in

Originally Posted by _Hier_
Item returned today minus the fuel filter and fuel lines I shipped seperately to him.. Figures..

So I did the next best thing. Filed an appeal for not receiving everything back that I sent him.

What ticked me off to day was that paypal actually charged me fee's to refund money to this donk. $5.88 to REFUND HIS MONEY... WTF..

I just wish there was an alternative company to compete with paypal.

Talk about a Monopoly.

google checkout
Old 08-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Actually, you don't even have to pay for his items. As soon as you purchase them you can leave him negative feedback and 0's on the DSR rating.

A friend had it happen to him. He was left negative feedback before the guy even paid for the item he purchased.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

The guy who bought this from you should be ashamed of himself. Looking at his own auctions he's opened himself up to the same sort of stuff. Those led light kits he sells doesn't say anything about not coming with a battery. Maybe a few of us should order a kit and then request a refund because it didn't come with a 75 cent battery?
Old 08-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _Hier_
If that happened it is because you "paid" him. If you had selected the specific transaction from your transaction history and clicked "refund" it would have refunded you the fees YOU paid on the transaction initially. Example...if he paid you $160 and PayPal took $6 in transaction fees you would have netted $154.

NOW, if you subsequently "paid"/sent him $160 they would take $160 out of your account and you'd have "lost" the $6 transaction fee you paid on the initial transaction PLUS they'd now charge him (not a bad idea...) $6 transaction fee.

HOWEVER, had you selected this specific transaction from your history and selected refund you could refund part or all. In this case you're expected to refund all, so you'd "refund" $160. PayPal would take the $154 they paid you for the initial transaction and then kick in the $6 transaction fee they collected and pay the buyer $160.

Guys--PayPal isn't ALWAYS trying to put the screwing on you. It sounds like some of this is happening due to misunderstanding or failing to follow directions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.