Wiki Posts
Search

About Rocky8333

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default About Rocky8333

i bought a rc18r from him and put it toghter to find out, the speedcontrol, and 3 out of 4 motors were burnt out, and spur gear is chewed up. i email him about it and he tells me "i never said any of it worked" and "o well nothing i will do about it"

i'd stay away from his deals if i was you.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

First off, I apologize to Johnny.

Secondly, I didn't intend to sell anything that didn't work, I bought the vehicle on here, had it for a month, realized I would not be able to race it locally like I intended, so I installed my own BL system, ran it once to make sure the diffs were not shredded, rebuilt the diffs, and put it on here with the electronics the original owner included. I didn't know if they worked or not, but I indicated that when I tested the vehicle I used my own electronics. Just thought I would post what was spken between us:

Originally Posted by Rocky8333
Originally Posted by JoHnNYNiTrO
so, were you not gonna tell me the speed control was fried and only 1 out of 4 motors was worth a shit??
I never put any of the electronics together, or used any of them that were included in the box. I clearly stated at least twice that I put my own motor and speed control in it. I never stated any of it worked, and if it didn't, I appologize for that. I don't really know what else to say, if it didn't work, I can't help you. I didn't even have Mini Deans (or whatever they are called) to test it out, as I run my vehicles with full sized Deans. I payed $70 for it on RCTech, and turned out I couldn't race it at my local track, so I never found a use for it and turned around and sold it here for cheaper than I paid. Again, I apologize for any inconvinience, but I can't do anything at this point.

Dan
Again, sorry, but R/C is a "sold as is" hobby, so unless you want to ship the stuff back out to me and I'll refund you through PayPal, I don't know what else to do.

Again, sorry.

Dan
Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

Settled his dispute on PayPal and gave him more than the electronics included were worth, he basically got a brand new roller for $30. More than anything, your welcome...

Dan
Old 06-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you refunded me $30 a new micro esc is $45

either way im happy now, but needless to say you only did this becaues i made dispute with paypal.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoHnNYNiTrO
you refunded me $30 a new micro esc is $45

either way im happy now, but needless to say you only did this becaues i made dispute with paypal.
good that you guys got it worked out!