Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE OF 808HAWAIIAN (SCAMMER)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

Originally Posted by pb4ugo
Granted we should always look at what we're buying, but if he was buying a STRR, it should come with big bores as it did out of the box. I wouldn't buy a Mustang advertised as a GT and not be upset when I discovered it had the six banger--same thing here on a scale level.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im a scammer?? right on man..thanks for trying to bash me on here. I sent you all the pics I had posted in the for sale section, as well as answered all your questions. you agreed to make the trade with me. and we both considered it a done deal. I never asked you to help pay the $37 shipping to you vs your $11 or $12 shipping for a grp .21 sport! I dont feel I deserve any of this. I was straight up from the start, as I am with everyone that I have done deals with on here. And for you to demand I pay you $50 is a bunch of crap! Its people like you that shouldnt do trades because you really dont know what you want! heres the e-mail you sent to me when you got the truggy...

"Received package today tthis thing is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks i also left some feedback"

Last edited by 808hawaiian; 05-10-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 274 (100%+)

from what I remember the truck to me looked like a converted STR to STR-R the CV drives are silver and on the STR-RR thew are made of a different material they are all black in color...so i would expect the truggy without the BIG BORES...Just my 2 cents+
Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 274 (100%+)

808hawaiian
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

its a real ST-RR...the previous owner kept the big bores for spares...
Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill marchant
808hawaiian
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

its a real ST-RR...the previous owner kept the big bores for spares...
exactly..its what i was told and that was the info i passed on...if i were trying to hide anything i would have posted pictures of a different truggy..
Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

i remember the post for the st-rr. the pix clearly shows that it did not have bigbores.
but, i have been dooped on this site before.
the key to this site is trust. communication is a must. ask as much questions as possible, see all the pix you need. ask for pix of everything you would be recieving. like all the extra parts being given, etc.
just my 2 cents......
Old 05-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default You bitch

Originally Posted by rnt05
i WAS ASSURED AS PART OF OUR TRADE I WOULD RECEIVE A KYOSHO ST-RR I ENDED UP RECEIVING IT WITHOUT THE BIG BORE SHOCKS AND HE IS NOT WILLING TO MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND TO DO BUSINESS WITH!!!!!!!!!

The fact clearly show you did not do your homework before this buy.
Then you bash on 808 not cool you should be kicked of the forum for good.

You bitch.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BaronMunchausen

You bitch.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by BaronMunchausen

You bitch.
+1
Old 05-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

well since it is turning out to be like this i need to add something here. hawaian is a good guy and does do lots of good deals as i follow. and i almost did a deal with him also. and had no issue with what i was looking at, but when he first posted this strr on another post it was definately brough to his attention that it was not a st rr that in fact it was a upgraded st r. so it should never at this later point been advertised to this fella as a st-rr. and as i recall he did have a set of big bore shocks that he did have but anounced that he would be keeping those. now in this case i do not know who said what but it could have went either way. and maybe the reason this guy is heated is that the supposed st -rr was supposed to come with the big bores but what he actually recieved was a st-r not with big bores.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I saw this post and there were no big bores in the pics and it clearly stated that the previous owner kept them. and i think someone mentioned it being a converted car. a quick read through the post would've told you that. I think in the future people should pay more attention to what they are buying..I had a similar experience on ebay I sold a roller and the auction clearly stated it would not include electronics but they could be purchased for extra $$ and the guy e-mails me thinking I jipped him...and I refered him back to the listing and he realized that wasn't the case...but my point is do your homework and be thorough so you don't end up pissed in the end.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radron
Did you ask for pics,condition,description of what you were getting? If not,sad to say. It's on you. Sorry!

Lately on the boards,if you don't ask the right questions, it's buyer beware!
I don't think asking for pics will tell you the condition of the items you're buying, I learned the hard way!

I bought a RT18T from Chad McCan and I got a POS, The esc was glued permanetly to the chassis, the servo was glues also to it. He modified the steering link but a really bad job, I wasn't able to drive it for less than 2 minutes, He forgot to send the radio in the description and pics and I don't know if he's going to send it. I aske him to take it back or help me with some of the repairs and he refused to it. He claims that his daughter drover the car for a year no problems and when I received the car the wires from the motor were reversed. When I took it out side the car didn't drive for more that I minute(I had to use my DX2 to tested). I think it ms my fault because I didn't ask if the car the factory steering rack, The esc and servo wasn't glued to the chassis?

He apologizes a lot do!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think it's a fair sale. Had you paid $175, I may feel different, but I'm sorry it turned out the way it did. I'll ship the radio out first thing in the morning via USPS. They will get it to you the quickest. I'm sorry again.

Chad McCan
www.chadmccan.com

Here is the thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ies-125-a.html
Old 05-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
I saw this post and there were no big bores in the pics and it clearly stated that the previous owner kept them. and i think someone mentioned it being a converted car. a quick read through the post would've told you that. I think in the future people should pay more attention to what they are buying..I had a similar experience on ebay I sold a roller and the auction clearly stated it would not include electronics but they could be purchased for extra $$ and the guy e-mails me thinking I jipped him...and I refered him back to the listing and he realized that wasn't the case...but my point is do your homework and be thorough so you don't end up pissed in the end.
But if you re-read this thread you will see 808 approached the OP about a trade--the op never saw that for sale thread and thought he was getting a true ST-RR.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pb4ugo
But if you re-read this thread you will see 808 approached the OP about a trade--the op never saw that for sale thread and thought he was getting a true ST-RR.
according to 808 he provided the neccessary pics and description...I guess a lesson can still be taught though...ask for pics and stuff never just trade...
Old 05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fidencio74
I don't think asking for pics will tell you the condition of the items you're buying, I learned the hard way!

I bought a RT18T from Chad McCan and I got a POS, The esc was glued permanetly to the chassis, the servo was glues also to it. He modified the steering link but a really bad job, I wasn't able to drive it for less than 2 minutes, He forgot to send the radio in the description and pics and I don't know if he's going to send it. I aske him to take it back or help me with some of the repairs and he refused to it. He claims that his daughter drover the car for a year no problems and when I received the car the wires from the motor were reversed. When I took it out side the car didn't drive for more that I minute(I had to use my DX2 to tested). I think it ms my fault because I didn't ask if the car the factory steering rack, The esc and servo wasn't glued to the chassis?

He apologizes a lot do!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think it's a fair sale. Had you paid $175, I may feel different, but I'm sorry it turned out the way it did. I'll ship the radio out first thing in the morning via USPS. They will get it to you the quickest. I'm sorry again.

Chad McCan
www.chadmccan.com

Here is the thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ies-125-a.html
Did you read my whole post? "Did you ask for pics,condition,description of what you were getting?"

And yes,pics would show what shocks were included.

Sorry for what happened to you,but you do still need to ask for pics & description of item & what is & is not included.
If not,your on your own!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.