Wiki Posts
Search

Buy/Sell what a SHAME!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default Buy/Sell what a SHAME!!

What a shame the Buy/Sell forum has become. When I first joined this board, I thought it was the coolest thing. I was raised to be a honest man and taught that being a liar and theif was the worst thing you ever want to be labeled as. In the short time I have been a member this particular forum has let me get some great deals, as well as sell some great deals. I guess some people are a little more trusting of others and are easier to rip off. If you follow a few simple guidelines chances are you will have good deals. When I first started with RC I was running 1/10 (didn't know any better I now run 1/8 scale nitro and am glad I have about all the RC stuff I will need. There are too many people scamming out here now and it's a shame. Unless I see a deal I can't pass up I no longer buy from here anymore. Id rather spend the extra dollars at a shop and be 100% in what im getting. I had one deal go bad, even though I was cautious enough to speak with the seller over the phone and was assured the vehicle was a 8 or 9 (1-10) I ended up getting a 4 and the seller turned out to be a chump with no integrity and would not take the car back even after admitting he was wrong and the car was not a 8. Oh well lessons learned now I understand the saying "all good things must come to an end"

Ok I feel better now.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Well said.....
Old 04-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by everyjuangohome
What a shame the Buy/Sell forum has become. When I first joined this board, I thought it was the coolest thing. I was raised to be a honest man and taught that being a liar and theif was the worst thing you ever want to be labeled as. In the short time I have been a member this particular forum has let me get some great deals, as well as sell some great deals. I guess some people are a little more trusting of others and are easier to rip off. If you follow a few simple guidelines chances are you will have good deals. When I first started with RC I was running 1/10 (didn't know any better I now run 1/8 scale nitro and am glad I have about all the RC stuff I will need. There are too many people scamming out here now and it's a shame. Unless I see a deal I can't pass up I no longer buy from here anymore. Id rather spend the extra dollars at a shop and be 100% in what im getting. I had one deal go bad, even though I was cautious enough to speak with the seller over the phone and was assured the vehicle was a 8 or 9 (1-10) I ended up getting a 4 and the seller turned out to be a chump with no integrity and would not take the car back even after admitting he was wrong and the car was not a 8. Oh well lessons learned now I understand the saying "all good things must come to an end"

Ok I feel better now.
I am right along with ya. I got screwed on here to. All it took was one time. I also no longer buy on here. I still trust e-bay. I do agree going to shop and helping them grow and succeed.

If my shop can't get it go to towerhobbies.com and shop from them.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnate
I am right along with ya. I got screwed on here to. All it took was one time. I also no longer buy on here. I still trust e-bay. I do agree going to shop and helping them grow and succeed.

If my shop can't get it go to towerhobbies.com and shop from them.
you got that right. im new to this site and got screwed on a trade only took once and i was done.if is a good deal a is close to me i will drive to see it.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have always followed 3 rules on here and havn't been burnt yet! knock on wood.....1Pictures! a must of all possible angles, even if it means missing out on a sale/bargain, no pics no buy....
2. Feedback from other buyers and number of posts/threads, also you can see if the seller has had any problems with the item some of the time.
3. Phone contact and contact details before money is sent.

Works for me, and bargains pop up all the time, no need to impulse buy.
Hope you have better experiences in the future.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

repost. We had this same thread about a week ago.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
repost. We had this same thread about a week ago.
I could say the same thing about all your post's you make in the "I got scammed threads"

Like stated before. I followed the same rules and only had a bad deal not a "scammed" deal.

1. Always get pictures.
2. Always make phone contact to make sure you are not dealing with a kid
3. Check feedback and when the member joined and how active he is on the board
4. If the deal feels shady don't do it.

I have followed these rules and have not had any issues other than a liar about the condition of a truggy.

Who knows maybee some members like the buy and sell section so they can scan the trader feedback forum and act like private eyes.

The point is, it just sucks that this section of the forum is getting hit hard, it used to be a great place. Just seems like the world is full of people with no integrity now and days.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

go ahead search my stuff i think i have maybe 2 other threads posted that arnt for sale threads.

i will no longer sell/buy here because its just a P.I.T.A

members with decent feedback
i have 16 all + here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=58703

and 22 all + here
http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/itrader.php?u=11578

deal with it i have great feedback on ebay as well

this site just gets so many hits in the for sale forum its easy to sell somethings and not sell other things.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Ok I feel better now.
Been there, recently, still waiting for refund, but it wont stop me from buying on here, He did not have any pics, he said it was a 9, truck ended up being a 4. broken parts, screws, wasted diff, torn up body, tore up outdrives, but it was "NEARLY PERFECT", ha!! Ill never buy without pics again.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

I would just like to say yea, sure its sad & people are fckd the way they rip others off, although there is no forum (with a trading section) that doesnt have these issues.. so dont feel bad about it, scums are everywhere, not just here.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Dr freedom
I would just like to say yea, sure its sad & people are fckd the way they rip others off, although there is no forum (with a trading section) that doesnt have these issues.. so dont feel bad about it, scums are everywhere, not just here.
How can you not feel bad?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I could say the same thing about all your post's you make in the "I got scammed threads"
Wtf are you talking about?? If you mean by me trying to help people and telling them the steps they need to do after being scammed, then yeah, I repeat myself, because there only one way to get it done. Sorry if you cant comprehend how that works.

IMO its pretty easy to NOT get scammed. Anyone who has half a brain, should never have to worry about being scammed. Send something out, get a delivery and signature confirmation.. Guy tries to scam you or give you the run around.. Call the police.. Shit will be settled in a week (2 at most). Dont sit and waste your time bickering back and forth with a person you have your doubts about. The more time that goes buy, the worse and unimportant it looks.
If your doing a big dollar buy, call and talk to the person. Get EVERY piece of info you can from them. And again, get tracking and signature confirmation. As long as you get these and people try to mess with you, your golden. Usps is actually the safest way to send because it becomes a federal offense at that time, and the police will treat it like the federal crime that it is. Money orders are also the safest way of payment as well because of this. Yes its time consuming, but it beats getting scammed for alot of money.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i don't know y some people r saying stuff about 4u2nv because he is a great guy to deal with and has helped out people too. the guy that created this thread is the one that jumps into other threads alot. like it was said before do ur homework on the people u r dealing with. it is not that hard. if u get scammed and then sit back and cry about it and do nothing about it then ur on ur own.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
Wtf are you talking about?? If you mean by me trying to help people and telling them the steps they need to do after being scammed, then yeah, I repeat myself, because there only one way to get it done. Sorry if you cant comprehend how that works.

IMO its pretty easy to NOT get scammed. Anyone who has half a brain, should never have to worry about being scammed. Send something out, get a delivery and signature confirmation.. Guy tries to scam you or give you the run around.. Call the police.. Shit will be settled in a week (2 at most). Dont sit and waste your time bickering back and forth with a person you have your doubts about. The more time that goes buy, the worse and unimportant it looks.
If your doing a big dollar buy, call and talk to the person. Get EVERY piece of info you can from them. And again, get tracking and signature confirmation. As long as you get these and people try to mess with you, your golden. Usps is actually the safest way to send because it becomes a federal offense at that time, and the police will treat it like the federal crime that it is. Money orders are also the safest way of payment as well because of this. Yes its time consuming, but it beats getting scammed for alot of money.

Yeah the police really have the time and funds to deal with a 300 dollar scam over RC cars on the internet buddy. Maybee back where you live. Keep up the good work guess us busy folks need hero's like you around.

Find another thread to troll in. This was an opinion of what I have seen go down.

Here is a story for you. I came across a Losi truggy roller. Seller had good feedback (check) had been a member of the board for over 2yrs (check) was a powerseller on ebay (check) had pictures of the truggy (check) Actually picked up the phone and questioned him about the condition of the truggy was told it had no more than 2 gallons of gas through it and that it was a 80 or 9 (check)

Got truggy was a clapped out pile of crap the car was so beat all the outdrives were egged out, bent hingepins, bent tie rods, and this is just the beginning. Called the seller the moment we got it and said "dude this thing is junk Im gonna send it back and will pay for shipping"

Seller said BS I was trying to take advantage of him. Took way to much time and effort and BS to get 50 bucks out of the guy. What a joke. Tell me where I went wrongs know-it-all?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Yeah the police really have the time and funds to deal with a 300 dollar scam over RC cars on the internet buddy. Maybee back where you live. Keep up the good work guess us busy folks need hero's like you around.

Find another thread to troll in. This was an opinion of what I have seen go down.

Here is a story for you. I came across a Losi truggy roller. Seller had good feedback (check) had been a member of the board for over 2yrs (check) was a powerseller on ebay (check) had pictures of the truggy (check) Actually picked up the phone and questioned him about the condition of the truggy was told it had no more than 2 gallons of gas through it and that it was a 80 or 9 (check)

Got truggy was a clapped out pile of crap the car was so beat all the outdrives were egged out, bent hingepins, bent tie rods, and this is just the beginning. Called the seller the moment we got it and said "dude this thing is junk Im gonna send it back and will pay for shipping"

Seller said BS I was trying to take advantage of him. Took way to much time and effort and BS to get 50 bucks out of the guy. What a joke. Tell me where I went wrongs know-it-all?
you went wrong with buying a slosi should have bought an ae!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.