Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
latest update on my transaction

paypal resolution filed this weekend

answered by karen johnson who's paypal was where i sent the money

said her husband was in a car accident and she was very sorry that the stuff hadnt been sent ...said she would be sending out my package tomarrow

i said just concerned over the lack of communication followed by what i was owed and to please give me a confirmation number when items ship tomarrow

to be continued :flam ing:
Karen Johnson PayPal absolutely CONFIRMS this is Corey Johnson. You'll be lucky if you get anything. The reason he "stays in contact" is to make excuses and drag you out and out hoping you'll run off the end of the time to make your PayPal claim.

At the VERY least get your PayPal complaint opened. You don't have to upgrade complaint to a claim for a couple weeks, but at least you've got the process started. Of course if they send you ANYTHING (including a box of sand) PayPal won't help you at all. Best to tell Karen/Corey not to send anything, just take a refund and upgrade your PayPal complaint to a claim now.

btw...this will be Corey's, like, tenth car accident that kept him from shipping. Kinda like his mom has died about 5 times now, and...

Do yourself a favor...tell them NOT to ship anything. You will, at best, get PART of what you thought you were getting and that, likely, won't be in anywhere near as good of condition as you thought you were buying. Demand a refund. ALSO...if they DO send anything after you advise them not to ship refuse the shipment. I'm dead serious...if they send you ANYTHING including an empty box PayPal believes they are no longer involved if the transaction was outside of e-Bay.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Karen Johnson PayPal absolutely CONFIRMS this is Corey Johnson. You'll be lucky if you get anything. The reason he "stays in contact" is to make excuses and drag you out and out hoping you'll run off the end of the time to make your PayPal claim.

At the VERY least get your PayPal complaint opened. You don't have to upgrade complaint to a claim for a couple weeks, but at least you've got the process started. Of course if they send you ANYTHING (including a box of sand) PayPal won't help you at all. Best to tell Karen/Corey not to send anything, just take a refund and upgrade your PayPal complaint to a claim now.

btw...this will be Corey's, like, tenth car accident that kept him from shipping. Kinda like his mom has died about 5 times now, and...

Do yourself a favor...tell them NOT to ship anything. You will, at best, get PART of what you thought you were getting and that, likely, won't be in anywhere near as good of condition as you thought you were buying. Demand a refund. ALSO...if they DO send anything after you advise them not to ship refuse the shipment. I'm dead serious...if they send you ANYTHING including an empty box PayPal believes they are no longer involved if the transaction was outside of e-Bay.

thanks for the good info ...yeh i have until the 1st of aug to make a claim out of it ...i suspect i wont get anything ...and if i dont get a confirmation i will make a claim and see if i can get a refund ....the only thing is if he is smart he wouldnt leave the money in his paypal......and if he doesnt paypal will do nothing so either way im prolly screwed ...at this point i would be happy to get just the str roller .......what i dont understand is that if he is this well known then why doesnt rctech bann him and his i.p. addy ...doesnt really make alot of sense..seems like they would police a little better ...oh well lets see what happens and how far the shaft gets stuck up my ass
Old 07-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default yeah right

well at least you got a response! I am still waiting for stuff or a response!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by randyreed
well at least you got a response! I am still waiting for stuff or a response!
i have gone ahead and escalated this to a claim with paypal ...i was going to give them a chance but it seems like a recurring deal here ...i have gotten a pm from the guy who bought the p5x and he said he was also given a bogus confirmation number ..we will see what happens
Old 07-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is Corey Johnson's phone number but good luck It just goes straight
to voice mail.

1-509-270-0311
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
i have gone ahead and escalated this to a claim with paypal ...i was going to give them a chance but it seems like a recurring deal here ...i have gotten a pm from the guy who bought the p5x and he said he was also given a bogus confirmation number ..we will see what happens
I would follow up via whatever means you were contacted and instruct Karen / Corey NOT to ship anything and that if anything DOES arrive it will be refused. No matter what they send you it will do NOTHING but complicate matters between you and PayPal (and your credit card company which is quite possibly where you'll have to go for redress) if you accept anything from them now.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

started a claim with paypal about the p5x i have yet to see. he did email me on 7/6 to tell me i had email with tracking #. checked # on 7/10 and post office said have not received package to ship yet.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I would follow up via whatever means you were contacted and instruct Karen / Corey NOT to ship anything and that if anything DOES arrive it will be refused. No matter what they send you it will do NOTHING but complicate matters between you and PayPal (and your credit card company which is quite possibly where you'll have to go for redress) if you accept anything from them now.
so we will see

yup thats it left a message and then escalated to a claim ...so now we see how much balls paypal's got ...prolly not much ...but i still have the c.c. company

this is the only thing that scares me about paypal

http://paypalsucks.com/
Old 07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)

Thanks for the heads up, I almost bought from him. I know another person on the forum that received their lipo batteries so I was going to pull the trigger but something told me don't do it. I am glad I didn't.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

i got the same thing husband was in a wreck but she said she shipped my motor today 7/14. i asked for proof that she shipped it because this is the third time i was told it shipped.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default HOPE IN SITE??????

well there may be hope in site ....i started the paypal dispute and escalated it to a claim the same day ....i was provided with a confrimation number the next day by by paypal .....i checked the number and it said couldnt be found ....but on arriving home today i checked it again and it said the package had been processed ...so now my only concern is will i get what i paid for ....not sure of that but i do know i have a package coming ...so i quess my request to get a full refund missed or crossed with her actually sendin g a package ???????anyways i am set to recieve email updates on my blackberry from the usps ....so now we wait ...i will post when it arrives and let yall know if and what i got ...im thinking if it isnt what its supposed to be then i am screwed ...but i feel better that at least i will get something .....it will prolly be a nikko rc car from walmart
Old 07-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

well i got my motor today. it is just as he described. it is to bad i had to file a complant with paypal to receive it. i also got a box of stuff that is not mine. it might be yours zixxer. i will pm you with what it is.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PIGPENRC
well i got my motor today. it is just as he described. it is to bad i had to file a complant with paypal to receive it. i also got a box of stuff that is not mine. it might be yours zixxer. i will pm you with what it is.
pm'd you back on it ...i can paypal you whatever money it costs to ship it ....maybe working together we can get what we were supposed to ??? if i recieve anything in my package that i wasnt supposed to get i will post it here ...i do know my boy bmoneyxxt got his used set of tires i just hope i get my box of parts body and used tires with the roller ...there was alot of stuff in that box like oils and new and used parts .....will update on arrival
Old 07-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcOneNitro
Thanks for the heads up, I almost bought from him. I know another person on the forum that received their lipo batteries so I was going to pull the trigger but something told me don't do it. I am glad I didn't.
I was the guy that got my Lipo's from him..... I havent said anything in this thread trying to defend him because i was expecting him to defend himself..... then i would have came in to back him up.... as you can see that didnt happen. I had made a trade with him for a couple of Lipos then after that i sent him some more money via paypal for another Lipo pack..... all came in and work perfectly. The guy has been cool with me since we had traded... even after that he had been keeping contact with me... until all this had gone down.... i read that he was in an accident... if that is the case i feel for him and wish him the best. If he is who you guys say he is i am one lucky mofo to have made two very high dollar/value transactions and not have them go bad. I'm not trying to say you guys are wrong, I'm just posting my experience with him.

Thanks MUD
Old 07-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iluvmud
I was the guy that got my Lipo's from him..... I havent said anything in this thread trying to defend him because i was expecting him to defend himself..... then i would have came in to back him up.... as you can see that didnt happen. I had made a trade with him for a couple of Lipos then after that i sent him some more money via paypal for another Lipo pack..... all came in and work perfectly. The guy has been cool with me since we had traded... even after that he had been keeping contact with me... until all this had gone down.... i read that he was in an accident... if that is the case i feel for him and wish him the best. If he is who you guys say he is i am one lucky mofo to have made two very high dollar/value transactions and not have them go bad. I'm not trying to say you guys are wrong, I'm just posting my experience with him.

Thanks MUD

i agree with what you are saying in that if it all was a mishap misunderstanding i will owe him and his wife a great big public apology .....and dont mind admitting i was wrong ..that is why i played the devils advocate a few post above ...it was just really wierd how i got a nice message from him on the 30th of last month and then hit him with a follow up message ont he 7th and then just all communication ceased ....i hope i didnt fall prey to the message board disease ...but when a week or 2 goes by and no communication happens then you have to defend the all mighty dollar if there was an accident then i hope he is doing fine ....and i feel sorry for him taking a beating on this thread ....will post good things when package arrives and im satisfied

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.