R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and Feedback discussion forum

Old 03-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Advice needed

OK...so I sold a truck to a member on the board.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=209591

I shipped it through Paypal, dotted all the "I"s and crossed all the "T"s, dropped it at the PO. It was shipped Parcel Post (shipping was on me), Paypal sent the confirmation info...all is good up until then. USPS says "2-9 days", up to 14.

Long story short, it's not there yet. USPS doesn't even consider it overdue until the 31st ("14 postal business days"). The buyer is talking about filing a Paypal claim and everything.

Anyways...I'm not anxious to have some big deal go on here or have my 100% feedback damaged in any way. I've responded to every PM and e-mail promptly and courteously, but I'm not really in a postion to do anything to resolve the situation.

Should I just tell him he has to wait until at least next week? Should I just send him back his money and hope he's a straight-up guy who's going to send me the truck back (or pay for it again) when it arrives?

I've been here a long time and I don't want any problems...but I don't want to be a chump. It's not even really due yet according to the USPS...although I sure do wish it would have gotten there by now. I've never had a single lost package through them and I've shipped many hundreds of them...I bet this one isn't lost either.

Just stressed out about this...any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If you shipped it thru paypal you should be fine. The buyer will just have to understand. If he looks up the tracking # he will be able to see it shipped. I have had stuff take a while. #k worth the post's and all you positive feedback should hold him over. You have no control over the post office.
mopar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As long as you tell him exactly what's going on and give him all the info you can, I doubt you'll have many problems.

unless he's trying to scam you...
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Tech Elite

I don't think he's trying to scam me at all.

I've had stuff that took forever to arrive and it's really frustrating. It's worse with no feedback and no documentation. I'm inclined to just refund him if it doesn't show by next Tuesday. That's when the PO would say it was "overdue".

At that point, I just have to hope for the best that...he sends me the the money when it does arrive...it comes back to be due to some snafu...or he sends it back to me. I printed it all up through PP, so the label and address should be golden.

I almost wouldn't mind as much if it WAS lost...than if I got scammed.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #5

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to pc9840 Send a message via AIM to pc9840 Send a message via Yahoo to pc9840

Do you have a tracking # or delivery conf #
Old 03-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #6
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Id just tell him that since you had to pay the shipping, you went with a cheaper route. He should also take in advance here your feedback and obviously that your not a scammer. I would wait the full 14 days before refunding anything. With it being sent threw paypal Im pretty sure it automatically has a sort of tracking number so they can see where it was last scanned at least. Even if he wanted to file a claim, with paypal seeing its still in transaction, he wont get to far. Just fill him in on whats going on and your story, and hopefully he'll settle down.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:55 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc9840 View Post
Do you have a tracking # or delivery conf #
Yep. I sent it though paypal, so I have a delivery confirmation number...but that doesn't really mean squat since it hasn't been delivered...LOL...

The way things work with Paypal (and by extension, USPS) is that if I can show it was delivered with that confirmation number...then I would be fine. OTOH, if I just have a number with no delivery...then I'm pretty much with Paypal. I could drag it out by not responding for a week or so, but I don't want to do that. He paid for the truck and if it didn't get there then it's my problem, not his.

I generally ship Priority and I never ever have problems. I'm really wishing I would have just bit the bullet and paid the extra. Oh well...USPS has been really good for me so far, here's hoping it shows up.

I told him I would refund him Tuesday evening, when 14 days had gone by...and he agreed that he would pay for it or send it back to me if it showed up after that.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Yeah baaaabbbyyyyyyy....

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...91401495410998
Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #9
Tech Elite

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInt...91401495410998

Finally...LOL...delivered. I'm definitely gonna think twice before I use Parcel Post again. USPS has been great...never lost a package ever...but damn...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just a note, USPS does not offer tracking only delivery confirmation, I have sent many items USPS and ran into a problem a couple years ago, where they lost the package that I sent to the buyer, over a month later they found it in the corner of there shipping department and the buyer finally got what he wanted. The buyer was real cool, and kept waiting for the item, but finally reported me to paypal. Paypal put a freeze on my account and I had 10 days to pay the money back or they were going to take the money out of my account, well 2 days before paypal was going to take the money the package finally showed-up and the Buyer was very happy

Also a couple months ago I bought a AE blue aluminum screw kit off Ebay, seller shipped it USPS, well I never got it and wrote to the seller about it and he said he shipped it and that it was delivered So I looked at the delivery confirmation and USPS said it was delivered, never saw it

I ship UPS now and have been very pleased with them, tracking on all items shipped and a up-to-date tracking website. I wont ship USPS anymore, you cant trust anything in the hands of a government run system

Glad to see the buyer got the item Joe, I have dealt with TurboJoe before, he is a stand-up guy and great seller.
kylehirano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #11
Tech Elite

I sell a lot of 1:1 car stuff and I've always shipped everything under a couple pounds by USPS...and most all of it by Priority. Hundred of items and they've never lost one. I've had a couple get delayed -- once due to an address screwup on my part and once (to Canada) due to customs hang-up that took almost a month.

UPS is pretty good, but notsomuchofadeal without a real account. I'm really liking Fedex ground for anything over 5 pounds though. Kickass tracking...super-cheap if you have an account and not so bad without...and you can count on it getting delivered within the week. I was going to ship this truck by Fedex Ground, but I didn't want to have any potential drama with paypal...so I just shipped it through them.

Thank you for the nice words Kyle...and back at you. Got anything for sale?